The Mystical I: Chapter Two, The Unveiling
- CHAPTER TWO THE UNVEILING Moses was given a revelation of absolute truth. It was, in fact, a revelation of the final and ultimate truth, and the proof of this is that through this truth he was able to take the Hebrews out of slavery and lead them right up to the Promised Land, not by means of armies or with storehouses of food, but entirely under the grace of God. This is one of the most remarkable demonstrations of grace in all religious history. It was a mass freeing of people, completed under the grace of God, without force of arms and without even an organized activity. Only the unveiling of ultimate truth could yield such fruitage. But after that great experience the truth was again veiled, so that not until centuries later did the Master Christ Jesus remove the veil and again reveal the truth. This truth enabled him to heal, to supply, and also to pass on to his disciples and apostles the ability to heal and to give freedom, so that for three hundred years after Jesus' ministry on earth, the unveiled truth was known, and more and more people came into their freedom because they knew the truth. About 300 A.D., however, the truth was veiled again, and it has been kept so well veiled that no religion known to man has revealed that truth in the past nearly seventeen hundred years. True, in part, here and there in modern times, it has been known, but on the whole the truth has remained veiled. Truth can be known only by its fruitage. Only in that way can you know whether or not a teaching or a religion is truth. If it sets its followers free physically, mentally, morally, and financially, if it brings greater freedom and harmony in their human relationships, if it makes them less subject to the rule of man, to the sway of nature, or to the laws of matter and mind, then you can know that they are getting closer and closer to truth. "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 The Master made it very clear that under certain conditions man would bear fruit richly. Under ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter Two, The Unveiling.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XI, I Say Unto You
- ... And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. MATTHEW 6:5 Jesus had a way of seeing through human nature, and in this statement he strips bare of pretense those people who gather in churches solely to be seen of men. And he had a word also for the people who resort to and depend on affirmations: But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. MATTHEW 6:7 The Master had an answer for everything. He knew that God is our Soul, closer than breathing and nearer than hands and feet; he knew that there is nothing going on within us that the Soul of us does not know. Therefore, while we may possibly hoodwink the man standing beside us, we certainly cannot fool the Man standing within us. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. MATTHEW 6:14, 15 To live humanly is to forgive in one instance and withhold forgiveness in another; it is to judge, condemn, and criticize, to live the human way in which we might feel justified in retorting, "Well, look what he did-he deserved it." Jesus, however, brought to light a spiritual way of life which takes no cognizance of what anyone thinks, does, or is. He merely said, "Forgive." Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. MATTHEW 6:16 There again is the human desire not only to be good, but to want everybody to know about our goodness. But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father, which is in secret. MATTHEW 6:17, 18 Here is Jesus' reversal of the whole human picture, and if we follow his teaching, we do not advertise ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter XI, I Say Unto You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:40- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 8, Attaining Dominion Through I
- ~ 8 ~ ATTAINING DOMINION THROUGH I THE secret of harmonious existence lies in attaining a consciousness of that Grace within every person awaiting recognition. Whether or not one recognizes and demonstrates it in this lifetime, the next, or the one after is an individual affair, depending on one's spiritual growth or lack of it. Some of you may be bored with the repetition that is about to begin. Instead of saying, "Oh, I know that. I have done that," forget your past experience with it; begin as if it were something entirely new; and do it faithfully. Do not do it with half a mind, as if you already knew what was coming. Do it with your full attention because this is the only way of imparting The Infinite Way principles to you. Look down at your feet, very attentively, and ask yourself, "Am I down there in those feet? Do those feet constitute me, or are they mine?" Do this very slowly because otherwise you will not have the experience. Are you down there in those feet? Do you think you live there, or are those feet yours, yours to command, yours to order, yours to direct? Now travel up to your knees, and look at yourself from the knees down to the toenails with the same question, "Am I to be found down there? Is this I, or are these mine?" Go on up to your waist. Are you there, or is all this yours? Can you not move it at your will? From there, travel up to the neck; but be a little bit more thorough and examine that area of the body between the neck and the waist, front and back, outside and inside. Look inside and ask yourself, "Is this I? This is what I see in the mirror, but is this I or is this mine? Was not this body given to me for many uses?" From the neck, continue right up to the topmost hair of your head; and be sure to look around inside your head and notice your brain and your ears. Look down through your throat and see if you can find yourself any place in your body. Look behind your eyes, because sometimes we think we are behind our eyes looking out, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ttaining Dominion Through I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 3, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 3 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS THE READING ASSIGNMENT TONIGHT will begin in "States and Stages of Consciousness" in Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture, and continue to the end of the book. The reason for this assignment is this: I want to tell you tonight that the mental and the spiritual are not synonymous. In the metaphysical world, it has been believed for many years, that mental and spiritual healing are the same thing, whereas they are actually as far apart as material and spiritual healing. What is mental healing? Mental and material healing are the same thing on two levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and lighter than the material. But they are two strata of the same belief. You have heard the terms "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental." That is exactly the same as saying "a godly devil." They are that far apart, not that one is necessarily right and one is wrong. They are different levels of consciousness and they are as far apart as the North and South Poles. The reason for this mixture of the spiritual and the mental goes back to the beginning of mental practice. Mental practice was originated in Germany by Franz Anton Mesmer, the physician who discovered animal magnetism. He discovered that there is an invisible vital fluid, a mental fluid that passes through the practitioner and the patient and that it acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students came to New England, landed in Portland, Maine, and found a student there named Quimby. Mesmer's student taught this mesmerism, then known as hypnotism or animal magnetism, to Mr. Quimby and for many years they engaged in this activity for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby later became known as Dr. Quimby, and came to have with him a young patient, or student, who worked as assistant. This boy developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental cause for the physical diseases of people coming on the platform. He passed this on to Mr. Quimby ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 9, Freedom in God
- CHAPTER 9 FREEDOM IN GOD Some nations seek political freedom-freedom from dictators and concentration camps. Other nations seek freedom from religious bondage-from teachings that hold them in bondage and make them slaves of men rather than servants of God. Any nation that has gained political, economic, or religious freedom has had to fight hard to attain that freedom and must work even harder to retain it, because there are those who would take that freedom away. There is not one moment of the day when someone, somewhere, is not plotting to control the minds and bodies of individuals, to control nations and the world itself. Not all the enemies are in foreign countries; some can be found within a country itself. The freedom we seek is a spiritual freedom-a freedom in Christ, in God. It is not a freedom from anyone or some circumstance or some condition of lack, limitation, sin, or disease-although we may have started out seeking only that kind of freedom. Spiritual Freedom Spiritual freedom is a freedom attained in God. There is no such thing as freedom from anything or anyone. The longer we attempt to gain freedom from sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation, the more we are kept in bondage to such conditions. What we must seek is freedom in God, in Christ-a spiritual freedom. Originally, we were given spiritual freedom as a divine inheritance, but there was an experience in consciousness called "the fall of man" or the "prodigal experience" in which we set up a selfhood apart from God. We thereby lost our divine inheritance, and spiritual freedom is no longer something that is given to us. Now we must struggle to regain our spiritual freedom. We cannot regain it until we return to the state of consciousness we call oneness, unity, or union with God. Like the prodigal son, we must return to the Father's house. Our spiritual freedom is not gained through the efforts of others. The efforts of others can only instruct us and give us a little wisdom. Throughout the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 9, Freedom in God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 90K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 5, Transforming the Unillumined Human Mind
- Chapter Five Transforming the Unillumined Human Mind We are born into a state of spiritual ignorance, and in that state we do not have the benefit of truth operating for us. It is for this reason that some of us come into the world physically or mentally handicapped, and it is possible for anything to happen to us of either a good or an evil nature. Because personal experience is the result of what is taken into the mind, as long as our mind is the human mind with its good and evil, we will live the experience of the human mind, which is a false sense of mind, both good and evil. The mind, however, in and of itself, is neither good nor evil: it is merely an instrument of awareness. A mind imbued with truth will bring forth harmony of mind, body, business, home, or family, but only in proportion to the degree in which that mind is stayed on truth. A mind imbued with ignorance, that is, one that accepts a materialistic view of life, must bring forth a life after its own image and likeness, which is also material, and therefore, both good and evil. Until we are led to some truth- teaching, however, we do not have the capacity to choose whether our mind is to be imbued with truth or whether it will remain under the domination of world beliefs. Up to that time we are in ignorance of the truth that our mind, when it is imbued with truth, will bring forth harmony, but when it is ignorant of truth and accepting the world's materialistic beliefs, it brings forth discord and inharmony. Abiding in Truth Leads to the Illumined Consciousness As we come to a truth-teaching, we learn that there is a truth which is contrary to human belief and also contrary to some orthodox religious teachings. First of all, we discover that there is no God sitting around in heaven worrying about whether we have an accident, become enmeshed in sin, or succumb to a disease. Our prayers to this unknown God are of no avail. Truth-teachings reveal that the reason these prayers have not been effective ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Unillumined Human Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 6, Living the Principle of Impersonalization
- ... In thinking of the episode of Sapphira and her husband, it is important to remember that it was not really Sapphira and her husband who held out their savings from God. It was the carnal mind. So, too, with us: it is not we who are evil. It is the carnal mind operating through us, and inasmuch as this carnal mind is not a person and has no person in whom, through whom, or upon whom to operate, it becomes a nothingness. When we impersonalize it and begin to understand that no person has done any evil unto us because there is no "us" separate from God-we have no Selfhood but the capital "S" Selfhood-and therefore no one has wronged or injured us, no one has aimed any evil at us, but at God, we will find that we have so impersonalized our own self and all others that any human error that is directed toward us will not strike us. Then if we remember, also, that those who aim evil in our direction are not really aiming it at all, but that they are merely instruments through which the carnal mind is operating, we shall more than likely release them from their sin and bring about their forgiveness. In other words, if we impersonalize evil and recognize that it has not been done unto us, it may turn around and strike back at the sender. If it did, it would probably be his fault in the sense of permitting himself to be used. We want to go higher, however, than being avenged or wreaking vengeance upon someone: we want to see those who do evil to us forgiven and released from whatever evil is holding them in its grasp. If there is any ingratitude directed toward us, or any lack of mercy or justice, we realize first of all our capital "S" Self and then realize that, because of that, this is not aimed at us at all: it is aimed at God. Furthermore, by realizing that it is never a person who is aiming evil in our direction, but that he is merely the innocent victim of the carnal mind, a victim of ignorance, we can truthfully repeat, "Father, forgive him, for he knows not what he ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nciple of Impersonalization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 167K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: The True Sense of the Universe
- THE TRUE SENSE OF THE UNIVERSE THE BELIEFS WE ENTERTAIN about the body constitute our sense of body. The truth about body is something entirely different from our concepts of it. The body itself is perfect. It is as immortal and eternal as Soul, God, which is the substance and Principle of the body. Your body - seen through the universal material beliefs of the world - was born, matures, ages and dies. This very body when correctly known, that is, spiritually discerned, is the very appearing of Soul-substance, Spirit-substance, eternal being. It is neither functional nor organic. What appears to us as functions and organs are our false finite concepts of the activity of Mind appearing as spiritual body or spiritual formation. As long as we entertain a material concept of body, we will have concern for it - we will cater to it - and find in it both pain and pleasure. As we continue to lift our concept of body until we gain the realization of what our body really is, we will find less and less of either pain or pleasure in it until we arrive at the state of consciousness where we realize the body as an impersonal vehicle or mode of expression. Every suggestion of discomfort or inharmony coming from the body must be met instantly with the understanding of the true nature of body as spiritual. Only as we understand that errors of sense exist merely as suggestion and false sense, can we find freedom from the pains and pleasures of the body. We are never correcting the body, its so-called organs or functions. We are correcting the false concept or sense of body. All we have said here about body is equally true about business, home, security, wealth. "My kingdom is not of this world." There is nothing of God, or reality, in the world we see, hear, taste, touch or smell. The failure of religion in this age is due to the lack of this vision. Theology is attempting to spiritualize a mortal concept of God - called man. This man and his universe is no part of God, because God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... True Sense of the Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 91K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 1, Laying the Foundation The Healing Principles
- ... When my mind is filled with truth and love, "neither do I condemn thee." All who enter this hall are forgiven their sins of omission or commission. They come into his grace because my mind is filled with his grace, with his word, with his truth, and all who enter here enter the divine presence and receive forgiveness and regeneration. They even find that the lost years of the locust are restored to them by the divine grace which God has given me as truth. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. "Every word of truth which constitutes my consciousness is bread and wine, water, meat, life, and resurrection unto all who enter my consciousness. Truth is the divine influence; love is the divine influence. If my mind, my consciousness, my soul is filled with truth, spiritual truth and love, all who enter my consciousness partake of that divine bread, meat, wine, and water which is life eternal. Through the truth embodied in my consciousness, I am a law unto you: a law of healing, a law of forgiveness, a law of grace and benediction, even a law of supply. 1 Just think, this is you talking to yourself, thinking within yourself. You are not an isolated person separate and apart from every person in this room. I am in you, you are in me, and we are in God. So ... You are virtually saying, "Don't forgive me as I don't forgive." You are setting the price of your own freedom or bondage. Therefore, in your treatment work, you must provide a minute to consciously release all who have offended, whether it is an offense against you, against democracy, against justice, against nations, or against the word of God. Set them free. Release them. Ask God's forgiveness. Be willing that they be forgiven without penalty regardless of the nature of their offense, even as Jesus forgave the adulteress, even as he forgave the thief dying on the cross. Be sure you are praying that God opens the minds and souls and consciousness of those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion The Healing Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:48- 134K
Find Similar Documents