Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 8, Invisible Life Fulfills Itself Tangibly & Visibly
- ... One of the barriers to our progress is that we let truth lie dormant in the back of our mind instead of praying without ceasing. * * * * * CONSCIOUSNESS DETERMINES OUR LIFE-EXPERIENCE Nothing can come into our experience except through our consciousness, so what our life will be depends on what we entertain in consciousness. If we entertain the idea of God as omnipresent Intelligence, Love, and Power, good is going to be our experience. Our responsibility is to be still and let Omnipresence flow. We need not take thought or plan anything; we just live whatever flows through, which will be every quality of God. Why? Because that is what we are entertaining in consciousness: God. We do not have to think thoughts of generosity, forgiveness, or abundance. We have only to abide in Omnipresence, Omniscience, and Omnipotence, and when we do that we lose all capacity for anything but God, and God flows through. We find ourselves being loving, generous, kind, and pure, but we have not had to take thought about it. What is in a consciousness that is not imbued with Omnipresence? What is left when God is taken out of our consciousness? Fear, ignorance, superstition, desire, anxiety, concern, get, give me, help me, I, me, mine! When God is absent from consciousness, we are living a life with all the accidental happenings that make up the human experience. Only when consciousness is filled with the presence of God is it true that nothing can enter "that defileth . . . or maketh a lie." 2 Holding good thoughts will not be a protection to us. The only protection is holding thought on God. There is no use thinking thoughts of safety or security or thoughts of abundance. Such thoughts will never bring these to us. A consciousness imbued with God is a consciousness full of love, life, forgiveness, sharing, peace on earth. We cannot have a consciousness filled with God and fail to understand that all mankind is really God in manifestation. Mankind as a whole is not showing this forth ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s Itself Tangibly & Visibly.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 17, 1963, God Constitutes My Consciousness
- GOD CONSTITUTES MY CONSCIOUSNESS February 17, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LET US MAKE A MOVE that separates us from most of the metaphysical world. As humans we have our supply in money, or the representation of money, and we find health in the body. If the heart beats so many times, if the assimilation acts according to this rule, if the elimination acts according to that rule, then we have health. We associate intelligence with the brain and we find our life in breathing. Take away our breathing and we have no life, or we find our life in the functioning of the heart. When you come to our work, what you are really doing is making a transition, so that your healing work is never in correcting what is wrong in the body or the mind or the pocketbook. I think it is in The Infinite Way that you will find, "You cannot meet a problem on the level of the problem." So, if you are faced with a problem, if you try to do something to that problem, you would not succeed. You first have to move outside the realm of the problem in order to find harmony. We find our harmony in spirit, and you might call this the point of demarcation or separation. We find our harmony in spirit, in consciousness. Since God is consciousness, and since God is supply, we find our supply in God or in consciousness. In the same way, since God is health, we find our health in God or in consciousness. Even the Bible knew this, that "God is the health of your countenance." 1 Yes, health must be found not in the body but in consciousness- then the body expresses health. Likewise with supply. You must leave the realm of the mental and material and find yourself elevated to consciousness. We have to find our health, we have to find our supply, we have to find our intelligence in consciousness; even our longevity we must find in consciousness. If we try to perpetuate ourselves by patching up the body, the results would be temporary. Medically it is possible to change sickness to health and, if ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...onstitutes My Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 3, The Principle of Contemplative Meditation
- CHAPTER 3 THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION Most religious teachings tell us that the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere. If that were true, everybody would be free, healthy, wealthy, independent, joyous, and harmonious, and there would be no slavery, bondage, lack, or limitation. But that is not the condition of the world, so that teaching cannot be true. It is like saying that electricity is everywhere. However, until it is connected to your particular use, it does you no good. So it is with the Spirit of the Lord. In an absolute spiritual sense, the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere; but if you do not realize God, if you do not make contact with God, if you do not feel the actual presence of God, then as far as you are concerned, it is not there. The Infinite Way principle is that the Spirit of the Lord is only where it is realized. God-Realization The whole secret lies in the word consciousness. If you are conscious of the presence of the Lord, if you are conscious of the activity of God, then it is so unto you. To develop this consciousness we meditate or reach out to practitioners for help. Until we ourselves have realized the Spirit of the Lord, we turn to a practitioner who has the capacity (either inborn or developed) to realize God. If you can contact the consciousness of a Jesus Christ or of a John or of a Paul, your troubles are over and harmony is instantly restored to you because you have touched the consciousness of one who has attained God-realization. It makes no difference whether the practitioner is an Infinite Way student, a Christian Science student, or a Unity student as long as the practitioner is of a realized God- consciousness. On the other hand, if the practitioner is not of realized God- consciousness, regardless of what teaching he or she follows, you will get no benefit except possibly a little human comfort. You will have no demonstration of health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, or perfection. The Infinite Way practitioner has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 1, Opening The Door To Infinity
- ~ 1 ~ OPENING THE DOOR TO INFINITY CIVILIZATIONS HAVE COME AND GONE; civilizations have lived and died; and there is no guarantee that our present civilization will be permanent. At some future time, a new race of men may find parts of these cracker boxes we call buildings and homes, and they may even discover rock-and-roll records that bear witness to our state of civilization. The point is that just as other civilizations have passed from sight, so many more may also pass from sight before the truth that every mystic has revealed is discovered and demonstrated, which is that man has inherent within himself the capacity to surrender such protective measures as self-preservation and to open the door within his consciousness and receive the Spirit of God. There are two levels of consciousness. There is the spiritual, incorporeal level as described in the first chapter of Genesis. On this level, man created in the image and likeness of God shows forth neither sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, nor any of man's inhumanity to man. Those born into the consciousness of the first chapter of Genesis have neither father nor mother. They are the Melchizedek-consciousness: they are not physical offspring, and they have no human parentage. They are incorporeal. But those born of human parents are born into the level of the second-chapter- of-Genesis creation, the world of mind, the mortal consciousness of good and evil, which constitutes humanhood. It is this humanhood that makes us think that by destroying our enemy or competitor we can live and prosper, or that by taking away somebody's freedom we can become greater. A leaven is necessary to break through the crust of self-preservation. This leaven is the Spirit of God in man, which, when It * is raised up, lifts man to Its level; and then, instead of "man, whose breath is in his nostrils," 1 we now have the son of God, that man who has his being in Christ. The Master acknowledged that there are two men: the man of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pening The Door To Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 4, Christ Raised from the Tomb
- ~ 4 ~ CHRIST RAISED FROM THE TOMB The Hebrews of old foresaw the coming of the Messiah, but because they believed that the Messiah would be some kind of great king or general, someone who could lead them to victory over Caesar or perhaps even over their own Sanhedrin, a man who would turn the evil conditions of their day into good conditions, they were unable to accept the gentle Master. Instead of understanding that "My kingdom" is not of this world, they accepted the God of the Forty- seventh Psalm: O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph. For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet. From the time of the Hebrews under Pharaoh unto this very day, the same prayer has gone up, the same psalms have been sung, and the same hope expressed that God will subdue nations, remove tyrants, and overcome the armies of the aliens. Should not thousands of years of such praying have proved that God has done none of these things up to now, and that there is no likelihood of his doing them at any future date? In the Forty-sixth Psalm there is an indication that the nature of God has been misunderstood, and that that is one reason peace on earth and good will to men have not been experienced. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Come, behold the works ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Christ Raised from the Tomb.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 11, Lifting Up The I
- 11) Lifting Up the I There is no one mode, means, method, or system which can correctly be called metaphysical or spiritual healing. In fact, there are as many different approaches to spiritual healing as there are in materia medica with its allopathy, homeopathy, osteopathy, chiropractic, and naprapathy, all different forms of materia medica. In the world of metaphysical and spiritual healing, there are the evangelists who, by the grace of God, have received some special state of consciousness through which they heal without knowing how, why, or wherefore. For the most part, they do not have the slightest idea of any principle involved in healing: they only know that healings do take place, sometimes through the spoken word and sometimes through the laying on of hands. Apparently, it is something that is just a part of their being, something that has come to them at a particular period in their life, and something over which they have no control. Then there are those approaches to healing which employ mental means and, by suggestion, attempt to change a diseased or evil condition into a good one. There are also methods which attempt to combine the mental and the spiritual. A person who has had any experience with other forms of metaphysical or spiritual healing and decides to practice healing through Infinite Way healing principles may have to unlearn most of what he has previously known in order to grasp these principles, and if he encounters difficulty on the way it is probably because he has not yet unlearned enough. AN UNDERSTANDING OF IMMORTALITY, BASIC TO HEALING The Infinite Way begins with an infinite, ever present, omnipotent God. Its premise is that there is no imperfection in any part of God or of God's creation, none whatsoever! God is perfect being, and so, therefore, is God's creation. No one was ever born, and no one will ever die; no one ever had a beginning, and no one will ever have an ending. One way to understand the continuity of life is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Lifting Up The I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 157K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 1, The Inner Kingdom
- In fact, it must be expected that it be difficult because we are embarking on an almost impossible task, that is, unless our determination is such that we are willing to put up with the difficulties inevitably to be encountered in the beginning. Forgiveness and Salvation Now In the years devoted to this work, I have noted some things that are helpful to students and that make these first months ... The woman taken in adultery and forgiven by the Master had to accept her forgiveness now and stop living in the past. The thief on the cross had to accept his salvation now and forget those things that were behind. So must we, regardless of the nature or the degree of our materialistic living, sickly, sinful, or poverty-stricken living. There comes a time when we bid it goodbye and start over with the word now, and let now mark the beginning of our new birth. Dropping the Burdens of the Past Now, here where I am, God is. Now God is; now God is closer than breathing; now the Father is saying, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine."3 In this moment of silent receptivity, the Father says, "Drop your burdens, let Me carry the load. Let Me give you forgiveness, let Me be the ... But we take no thought for the love flowing back to us; we let it flow as one of the added things. We live in a continuous state of now expressing love. The love that we express today must become a continuing experience, a love that we express through forgiveness, understanding, sharing. Every opportunity to express love that is presented to us we must accept, and not ask, "Where is it going to ... All is within me: the bread, the meat, the wine of life. It takes a few months, even years, to break this attachment to the outer world, to break the belief that we are dependent on man for justice, for loans, for forgiveness, or for our support, but we can do it if we can remember the word now: Now I and the Father are one. Now do I draw upon the kingdom of God within me. Now do I seek living ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 1, The Inner Kingdom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 12, Christ Ascended
- ... But that son of God is incarnated in me, in you, and in every "you" throughout this globe: the pagan, the atheist, the agnostic, the Christian, the Buddhist, the Vedantist. It makes no difference what his beliefs are. God is spirit, indivisible, inseparable from Himself, and therefore omnipresent in you, in every you. Forgiveness of Sin, a Function of the Christ By observing the ministry of Jesus Christ, who so completely showed forth his divine sonship, and which he said was within us, we can understand the function of the Christ, one of which is the forgiving of sin. For each of us, this is important. In our human experience we have sinned greatly, and because most of our sins were committed ignorantly, we need not rehearse or rehash them. Let us acknowledge, however, that as human beings we have strayed far from our Father's house, our Father's standard of conduct, and our Father's teaching. With this acknowledgment we are showing sufficient humility to take the next step and say, "Thank You, Father, that Your son, the Christ, the spirit of God in me, is here to forgive my sins. I carry within me my mediator, my meditation. I carry within my own consciousness the incarnated son of God whose function it is, when I ask for forgiveness, to give it." Lip service will not suffice. This must be a once and for all confession: "Father, forgive me, I have not known what I have done. But now I know that Your son is incarnate within me, and one of Its functions is to forgive me my sins." Then the injunction is to go and sin no more and to watch each day that, to the highest extent possible, we do not violate the laws that we have come to know. Even so there will be more violations, but forgiveness "seventy times seven" 5 is still awaiting us. Our responsibility is to try our best to live up to whatever spiritual law we may now learn, and if we know that the Christ is not something in time or space, we have made a real beginning. Healing as an Activity of the Christ ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 12, Christ Ascended.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 13, Questions and Answers - Revelation of Scripture - The Truth About Prayer
- ~ 13 ~ QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS REVELATION OF SCRIPTURE: THE TRUTH ABOUT PRAYER Happy to have a few questions on the table. We'll answer these first. Question: You don't mention the Lord's Prayer. How does it fit in? Answer: Please let me explain to those who do not know this: There is no part of the Infinite Way message which is mine, that I have ever thought up, or conceived in any way. Every principle that is in our writings and in our work has been given to me from an infinite source, and it does not represent my opinion, my belief, or my concept, separate and apart from the fact that it is mine because it was given to me. In the same way, every passage of scripture that has been spiritually interpreted in our writings has been given to me. Those for which I have not received spiritual interpretation, I have never included in my writings and never will until the interpretation is given to me. The Lord's Prayer is a passage about which I have never had any spiritual unfoldment or revelation. However, there is one part of it that is very much a part of our work because it is a confirmation of other scriptural passages which have been given to me, and which are included in the writings, and that is: "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." That I understand full well. Only that which I release can be released within me. Anything that I hold is held against me, but not by any God. It is a reflex action of my own state of consciousness. Therefore, any time that I am holding an individual in absolute, complete unforgiveness, I may rest assured that somewhere, somehow, sometime, I too will be held in unforgiveness, not necessarily by a person, but by my own erroneous clinging to the false sense of man. So I do know this: Whatever you release, you are released from. What you cling to is that which binds you. You are your own liberator. If you cannot accept spiritual principles as they have been revealed by the mystics, you cannot come into the fullness of mystical ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...re - The Truth About Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 146K
Find Similar Documents