Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 6, The Word & Words
- ~ 6 ~ THE WORD AND WORDS MANY persons believe what is written in Scripture and in metaphysical books is Truth, the Word. But it really is not that at all. It is merely a collection of statements about Truth. It is never Truth Itself. Truth is your consciousness of Truth; it is your awareness of Truth. That is the only Truth there is, and that is the Word. The Word is never an effect; it is cause. When the word of God comes to you, not from outside but from within yourself, then if you have a Red Sea to cross, It will open it. If you are in the desert, the desert will blossom; if you need rain, rain will fall; if you need sun, the sun will shine; if you need food, food will appear; if you need money, money will appear. These things will come about because the word of God is the substance of life, and out of this Word comes the flesh or form: your body, your business, your home, your profession, your ability, your customers, your clients, or your supply. Even though you read these words, they are not yet power insofar as you are concerned. Even if they sound reasonable to you and you can accept the message intellectually, it still is not power with you. It becomes power only when you have buried it in your consciousness and pondered it until from a depth within you the answer and an acceptance of it, which might be called a conviction or realization, comes. The statements in a book-the words, sentences, and paragraphs-represent the truth about the Truth, leading you back to the depths of your own withinness, where you make room for the Word to come forth. KNOWING THE TRUTH IN CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION If you were about to give a treatment or have a contemplative meditation, you would bring to conscious remembrance every thought and idea you could about God and spiritual creation-not about man, not about a patient, not about the disease, the sin, or the lack. There is no truth you can know about man except that of himself he is nothing. But you can know the truth about ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 6, The Word & Words.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 31, 1963, Growing Day by Day-Attaining the Transcendental Consciousness
- GROWING DAY BY DAY - ATTAINING THE TRANSCENDENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS August 31, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. There are certain religions and certain religionists who call themselves fundamentalists. They believe that the Bible is the literal truth, that every word in it is a literal truth, perhaps because for so many centuries people have been taught that all or most of the Bible is the Word of God. Therefore, even the most enlightened people are often conditioned in their study of the Bible and thereby lose the way. I have witnessed that this is also true of Infinite Way students, but to a lesser degree. Understanding the Bible is like understanding The Infinite Way. You cannot read the message of The Infinite Way with your mind because it was not written by a mind or through a mind. This entire message is a transcendental message that came through transcendental consciousness. To be understood it must be understood through transcendental consciousness-and this is also true of the Bible. The books of the Bible were not brought into existence by ordinary human beings; these individuals had access to the fourth dimensional consciousness or Christ-consciousness in Christianity, or the Buddha-mind in Buddhism. Both have reference to the same thing-the transcendental consciousness, or illumined consciousness. Therefore, the words never mean what they seem to mean and if you take them literally you will lose the Way. It is for this reason that you have been given certain spiritual principles in The Infinite Way which, if you take them into your ordinary mind and work with them, will develop the transcendental consciousness until one day you can say, "Whereas I was blind, now I see." In other words you will then realize that you are not doing anything. It is doing it. Because of the way in which the Bible was written, it is often said that Scripture is veiled or that those who wrote it hid the meaning. There was not so much an intention to hide the truth as there was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ranscendental Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 15, 1964, Into the Mystical Consciousness
- INTO THE MYSTICAL CONSCIOUSNESS February 15, 1964 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. Our 1963 work was to make the transition from metaphysical consciousness to mystical consciousness, and as you study the four tapes of the 1964 Honolulu Series and the papers so far, you will discover that we have been consciously making that transition and should either have made it by now or be right on the verge of attaining. There is one final step you can take that will help you complete your realization, and that is this: Look out of this window and select a tree or a group of trees, and behold that there is a law of life functioning in that tree-from the roots out to the fruit on the branches. Take it very slowly. Look down into the roots beneath the soil and you will soon agree that the roots are drawing unto themselves from the surrounding earth, food which has been formed of the rain that has fallen, sunshine, fertilization, and that out of these surroundings is sent up into the trunk of the tree and out into the branches all that is necessary, not only for the sustenance of the tree, but for the forming of the leaves, the blossoms, and the fruit. All of this is possible, not by virtue of the roots or the surrounding earth, but by virtue of an invisible life force acting in and through the tree or upon it, producing the effects that are probably visible through a high-powered glass. The miracle of this exercise is that you have been a beholder, but in no way have you had any part in what you beheld. You did not bring it about, you did not start it into action, you merely beheld, and by your beholding came into the awareness of that which has been taking place out there in those trees before we even came into this room. What is the miracle? You do not set God at work or to work; you do not bring the power of God into any situation. God was there before you, because of omnipresence. It makes no difference if you had a wrong thought this morning or if you committed a wrong deed ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 27, 1963, Nothing Can Be Added
- NOTHING CAN BE ADDED July 27, 1963 Infinite Way Study Center "OF THOSE WHO HA VE MUCH, much will be demanded." 1 It is inevitable that you who have had as much work with me as you have had, much will be expected. As visitors from different parts of the world come to Hawaii, they must naturally look upon you and wonder how much further along you are than other students of the world. In what way is that manifest? What have you to show forth, and what have you received? What great fruitage are you showing forth? It is inevitable that from all over the world, people look at me and wonder in what way I am showing forth this truth and in what way my family is showing it forth. So it is asked-and more and more it will be asked, "In what way is this shining forth in the experience of the students who are receiving so much?" You must be prepared for this because it is natural. In order to bring forth spiritual fruitage it is necessary that you thoroughly understand what it is you are trying to show forth. There must be no question in your own mind. In the ordinary religious life, the student is always seeking something. It is true they are seeking it of God, but this is not at all true in the mystical life. In the mystical life it is a continuous realization that "I already am." I am not going anywhere, nor am I going to attain more of God than I have, more of good than I have. I am rather "abiding in the Word." What Word? "All that the Father hath is mine. I am all that God is." In other words, sooner or later you must come to the realization that God has fulfilled itself in you-not today and not tomorrow and not since you have studied The Infinite Way. "Before Abraham was, I am you; I am the fulfillment of you. Before Abraham was, I have come in the midst of you, that you might be fulfilled. I am come that you might have life and that you might have life more abundant." 2 It was true about you "before Abraham was"-not after you read a certain amount of books. This message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Nothing Can Be Added.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 30, 1963, Discovering the Soul
- DISCOVERING THE SOUL June 30, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When we first come to a spiritual study it is only because some circumstance or condition of our life is in need of adjustment. We have not found the completeness of life, happiness, health, or some other aspect of fulfillment, and we are seeking the missing link. In other words, we are always wanting improvement in the human affairs of our existence. During your Infinite Way study you will find some degree of improvement in your human life, but I can assure you that you never will find all that you are seeking humanly. It does not lie within the nature of a spiritual teaching to give you all of the human good things you think you would like. In some avenues of your life you will experience improved health, increased supply, or some other form of human happiness, but you will not find the completeness that you expected. About the time you actually realize that it never is going to happen, you will likewise perceive the reason, which is that you have been praying amiss. You have been trying to patch up or improve this human existence and that is not the function of any spiritual message. From the message of every mystic it is very clear that the object of the spiritual path is that we may die to the human experience and be reborn of the spirit. We learn that the spiritual kingdom, the real kingdom, the mystical kingdom is not of this world, not even when this world is healthy, wealthy, and wise. On the mystical path we learn that there is a goal. This goal is not the metaphysical goal of better health, a nicer home, a better car, and more companionship. The goal is releasing the Soul from the tomb of human existence, more especially the tomb of the human mind. In your periods of introspection or contemplation check to see to what extent you are imprisoned in your mind and body. Notice how little you know except what is in your mind or body, and then you will realize that all human experience ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Discovering the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 7, 1963, Our Goal: That Mind Which Was Also In Jesus Christ
- OUR GOAL: THAT MIND WHICH WAS ALSO IN CHRIST JESUS September 7, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. The papers we have done since August 16 are definitely of a different nature, and I am asking our teachers and practitioners to give class sessions on them to their students and patients. The nature of these papers would make it necessary for any of us to study them seriously in order to assimilate them. However, for those who are not teachers or practitioners, be assured that additional lessons on them would be very valuable in order to grasp the nature of these papers. Whenever I read the one of August 24, I cannot really believe it myself, and I read it two or three or four times a day. As a matter of fact I find it difficult to send out a copy without reading it again. I am sure that, if the message in the paper of August 24 could really be conveyed, our students would be home. Then, of course, there are those of August 31 and September 2. They are really beautiful, and I would not like to see them treated as if they were just papers, because it would deprive the students of the depth of consciousness that is revealed in them. Of course, there are the two new series of tapes which represent the fruitage of this year at home, which will undoubtedly be the study material for all of our students for a long time to come. At the present moment I believe we are going to discontinue our Saturday and Sunday sessions on the last Saturday or Sunday of this month. If we do not do this, neither the papers or the tapes are going to be properly assimilated because I believe that the fruitage of our year's work here for 1963 is propelling us into something that has not yet fully revealed itself. Not only has the telephone not stopped ringing, but the mail is increasing faster than we can have it typed. Therefore, I think we should be able to get away somewhere early in October to be beholders and see what it is that God has in store. Since these messages really point to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ch Was Also In Jesus Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 6, Mind Imbued with Truth
- ~ 6 ~ MIND IMBUED WITH TRUTH Mind is an instrument of awareness. Through the mind we can know and become aware of people, things, and ideas. With the mind we reason; with the mind we think. A human being can gain control of his mind if he is willing to study and practice to attain this mastery; and he can use his mind for a reasoning, a thinking, or a contemplative purpose. But it is the human being who is using his mind, and therefore, that mind must be an instrument or an effect: it cannot be a cause. There is an I behind the mind. There is an I who thinks through the mind and reasons with the mind. In other words, there is an I who uses the mind. Therefore, that I is greater than the mind. Through the instrumentality of the mind, we can think good thoughts or bad thoughts; we can perpetrate good deeds or bad deeds. Mind can be aware of good or of evil. If the mind is the creator of thought, however, and can create good thoughts as well as evil thoughts, then God certainly is not mind. How could mind be God if mind can be the instrument both of good and of evil? God is too pure to behold iniquity; God is light; in Him is no darkness at all; and when we penetrate beyond mind, we are in the realm of neither good nor evil: we are in the realm of pure Being. To have received illumination in any degree is to have revealed within our own being the truth that God is good-not good and evil: good! God is love-not love and hate, just love! God is life-not life and death, just life! God is one, and there is no duality in God, nor are there any pairs of opposites in Him. Once illumination is attained, we are living beyond the pairs of opposites in a consciousness of neither good nor evil. In that state of consciousness, we cannot be good and we cannot be evil: we can just be. The sun cannot be good or evil: it can just shine. If we are out in the sun for the proper length of time, the effect on us is good, but if we are out in it too long and get a severe sunburn, the effect ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 6, Mind Imbued with Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 6, The Infinite Way Concept of God
- CHAPTER 6 THE INFINITE WAY CONCEPT OF GOD Let us start with the realization that we do not know God. It is not always easy to admit this. When the inner unfoldment came to me that I did not know God, I remember I found it quite insulting. I thought I had a very good idea of God. When the V oice told me I did not know God, I was already in the healing ministry and was achieving some measure of success in it. But when the V oice tells you something, there is no use arguing with It because It knows best! There was only one thing to do, and that was to acknowledge that I did not know God aright. In The Oxford Book of English Mystical Work, the revelations of English mystics, from the earliest to the most modern times, are given, showing how God revealed Himself or Itself to them and how they became acquainted with God and were able to be at peace forever after. So let us begin anew and admit that we do not know God. Let us ask ourselves, "How can I come into an understanding of the nature of God?" I cannot reveal it to you, and you cannot reveal it to me. In these past years, I may have had many wonderful experiences with God, and yet I cannot convey to you what God is. In your own experience, you may have marvelous experiences with God, actually coming face-to-face with God, but that will not enable you to tell someone else what God is. There is only one way we may be taught of God. Only God can reveal to us what He is, and each one must learn it from the Kingdom of God within himself or herself. In case you do not know why I say, "Turn within," let me refer you again to the Master, who tells us that the Kingdom of God is within you. Therefore, whatever it is that you seek, seek it within you or you will not find it. So we seek the Kingdom of God within ourselves; we seek within ourselves to understand the nature of God. We do this by turning within during our quiet periods of the day or night and speaking to God and asking Him, "God, reveal Thyself," just as the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Infinite Way Concept of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Eight, Bringing God Into Daily Experience
- CHAPTER EIGHT BRINGING GOD INTO DAILY EXPERIENCE Bringing God into individual experience is possible only through an activity of consciousness. If we make a conscious contact with our source, we make contact with the spiritual source of all those who can bless us and all those whom we can bless: "I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one." 1 That relationship of oneness is not really effective, however, until the moment of contact, because until that moment we are separate human beings, each with his own interests and purposes, each with his own needs, and in that separateness we may not be fulfilling one another's needs at all. There is no circumstance in life so small or insignificant but that it can be made an important one through that conscious contact. If it were nothing more than the routine of merely going out to market, it would not only save time, but what is more important, making that conscious contact even in inconsequential matters would establish in us the habit of making and continuing the contact so that when some more vital decision or problem arose, there would be no possibility of forgetting the principle, because our reaction to it would have become more or less automatic. It may not be too important to us whether our marketing costs eight dollars or eight dollars and sixty cents, and it may not be too important whether we buy this cut of meat or that one, or whether we purchase these vegetables or those. The important thing is that we are forming one more link in our chain, because we shall be learning never to make a move without a consciousness of that oneness. There must be the actual experience of being consciously one with God in order to find ourselves consciously one with all spiritual being and idea. Declaring it with the mind is not going to make it so, but if we keep that principle in our mind, sit with it, reflect upon it, and ponder it until we feel that inner response within, then we actually begin to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g God Into Daily Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Six, Dominion Over Mind, Body, and Purse
- CHAPTER SIX DOMINION OVER MIND, BODY, AND PURSE A thorough understanding and practice of the subject of treatment is one way of rising into the true atmosphere of prayer and God-consciousness. Treatment means consciously knowing the truth and applying the principles of truth through the instrument of the mind, and the first step is to establish yourself in your true identity as I, that I which has dominion over mind and body. Until you do that, you cannot give or receive a correct treatment. You were given both a mind and a body. The mind is not you, nor is the body: I am you, the I which is your true identity. Your mind and your body are something that you possess. The mind is the instrument which you use for thinking or reasoning purposes or for any purpose of awareness, and it is through your mind that you are able to judge and make decisions. The body is also an instrument, a physical instrument, which takes its orders from you through the mind. You say to your hand, "Up," and the mind communicates that to the hand; the hand obeys the mind which in its turn obeys you, indicating that you must have control over both mind and body. The mind and the body were given to you, and dominion over both of them was also given to you. If, however, you do not exercise that God-given dominion, you soon find yourself in all kinds of trouble. When you sit down in meditation, the mind usually is far from still, not because it has a wish or will of its own, but because you have not assumed dominion, and the mind is conditioned to becoming a prey to any and every universal belief floating about in the atmosphere. It is much like the horses that I have ridden. They do not acknowledge my control a bit. Instead, they take me where they want to go, but that is only because I do not know how to assume dominion over a horse-and so he has his fun with me. So it is true that the mind also has its fun with us, but only because we have not learned how to exercise dominion over it. In some ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Over Mind, Body, and Purse.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 117K
Find Similar Documents