The World Is New: Chapter 2, Unfolding the Healing Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING THE HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN JOHN WAS IN PRISON, he sent word to Jesus, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" 1 In other words, he was asking, "Is this the promised Messiah?" Jesus did not answer him by saying that he had been authorized or ordained or that he had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them." 2 The work of healing through the Spirit, however, is never the healing of a body or of any physical condition, even though it appears as the healing of the problems of human existence. That is the result, but it is not the work. The real work is the spiritualizing of consciousness and of thought, and the opening of consciousness to the receptivity of God. The Infinite Way does not teach that there are no human problems: it teaches that in the presence of God there are no problems, and so when we stand in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, there is no poverty, sin, disease, or death to overcome. One of the greatest of all Jesus' statements is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 3 The kingdom of God-the realm of God-is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the Kingdom, and when we are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of heaven and of earth are added unto us. There are many approaches to the subject and practice of healing work, but I can speak only of that which has revealed itself to me, which is that healing is accomplished entirely through silence. Treatments, oral explanations, and the written word are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary; more often they are not. After one has been in this work for a while, it is almost ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g the Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 6, Be a Beholder
- ~ 6 ~ BE A BEHOLDER WE WERE NOT BORN INTO THIS WORLD just to do healing work, any more than Jesus came to earth to cure people's ills or raise them from the dead. Lazarus, even though raised from the dead, passed on some time later and probably only a change in the date on his tombstone was involved. The more clearly we can perceive the unreal nature of any form of error and understand that what appears to us as error in any form is not error at all, that there is not really either a sin or a disease that has to be overcome, but that both sin and disease exist only as illusory experience or mental beliefs, the closer we shall come to being free of them and attaining spiritual consciousness, which is of course far more important than the healing work which we are doing in this age and at this period of our unfoldment. It was in 1928 that I lost all desire for the things of the earth in the sense of their having any attraction for me or making any demands upon me. Good music, good friends, good books, and good food still give me pleasure, but these are no longer a necessary part of my experience. I have learned to be in the world but not of it, to enjoy the good things of this world, but not to miss them when they are not a part of my experience. I have become aware of something in people with which I can commune and tabernacle. It makes no difference what their educational, financial, or social background is, I can enjoy mental or spiritual companionship with them. There is nothing of any nature they have that I desire or want or would go out of my way to get. I cannot be too happy when they are with me or too sad when they are away from me. We are just good friends at all times because I have touched a place in their consciousness which makes this possible, and therefore I know them more or less as they really are. I can love everyone on this earth. In fact, I had a very hard time hating Adolph Hider-it was not easy for me to hold harsh feelings even toward him. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...w_ Chapter 6, Be a Beholder.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 124K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 11, Guidelines for Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Infinite Way
- Chapter Eleven Guidelines for Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Infinite Way In most organizations there are rules which must be obeyed, even if at times better results might be accomplished in some other way. Since there cannot be one rule for one person and a different rule for another person, there has to be one rule which everyone must obey. In the Infinite Way, although there is no organization in the sense of a set of rules, it is possible to have a minimum number of rules and at the same time be flexible so that there are occasions when the rules can be disobeyed. To illustrate this, I have suggested that tape group meetings should be opened and closed with a meditation, with no discussion before or after. That is a rule, and if the leader breaks it, it will mean that he has no interest in a successful tape group activity because it is impossible to discuss truth. Truth is a subject that does not lend itself to discussion because truth is not human; truth is not something that is dependent on your opinion or mine. Truth Is God Revealing Itself In the class work there are times when a message comes through that I knew nothing about until the moment it came through. It may have sounded strange to students who heard it, and they probably would have liked to discuss it with me. There was nothing to discuss, however, because I had nothing to do with the message coming through except to be a transparency for it. There are many principles in the Infinite Way, but not one of them lends itself to discussion. I, myself, would not discuss them with anyone. I state them; the students take them or leave them, but I permit no discussion. This is because from the beginning of my work the principles that have come through have been proved practical and workable with me as well as with students. How then can I permit any argument about them? At one time a publisher wanted to publish one of my books and after having it read by a member of his staff handed me a couple of pages ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nt Through the Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 112K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 12, Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience
- Chapter Twelve Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience The first coming of the Christ is the coming of the Christ to individual consciousness, the Christ expressed as Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Buddha, Lao-tzu, Jesus, John, Paul, and all who followed. With the evolution of consciousness, we are entering the period on earth which is referred to in scripture as the second coming of the Christ when that divine primal Consciousness will become the consciousness of all mankind, universally, and the new generation will not have to be taught metaphysics, mysticism, or religion, but will be born into it. That is about to take place. Up to now religion has been on an individual scale and has been taught with the hope of bringing individuals to spirituality. Then the next generation comes into being, and the people have to be taught all over again because they were born into the same belief in two powers. By the time they were brought to some measure of understanding, they died, and the next generation was born, and again they had to be taught. That is going to be ended. Even the children of the next generation will be born into spiritual consciousness because now that this consciousness is being revealed on earth, everyone who comes to earth will come into Christ-consciousness. Our Measure of Attained Spiritual Consciousness Becomes the Heritage of Future Generations Those of us on earth today and in times past were born into carnal consciousness because there was no other consciousness here. No matter of what religious persuasion we were, it was still a carnal consciousness, made up of good and evil, health and sickness, made up of the belief of a life-span of threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty. In other words, we were born into a material state of consciousness, even if it was what might be considered a perfect material state. What we are now establishing is spiritual consciousness on earth. Through our reading, study, meditation, and practice, we have entered ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s As a Universal Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 119K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 8, Infinite Way Protective Work
- Chapter Eight Infinite Way Protective Work Until this past century the knowledge of the source, cause, and nature of evil and how to free oneself from it was not available to seekers. Heretofore the church had encouraged its people to pray to God to keep them safe while driving on the road or traveling in the air. Such prayers have not been effective, nor have prayers to God for the safety of their children at the front in wartime while they were being shot at or shooting at others. This failure to receive answers to prayers is due to the fact that religious teachings have not understood the nature or the cause of error and the protective work necessary to free oneself from it, all of which is incorporated in the message of the Infinite Way. There is no use in praying to God to give or to perpetuate our health, our wealth, our safety, or our security. There have been too many good people as well as bad people, religious people as well as irreligious people who have discovered that praying to God for their health does not give it to them unless they find the right doctor and can afford his services. The Three O's Are the Assurance of Safety When we discover and understand the meaning of omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence, we will have found the secret of safety and security. Because of omnipresence, can we ever be outside the presence of God? If we go up to heaven, He is there; if we go down to hell, He is there; and if we "walk through the valley of the shadow of death,"1 He is there. We are never outside the presence of God. The God that is omnipresent is also omniscient, all-knowing and all- wisdom, and knows our need before we do, making it unnecessary for us to pray for anything. Here where we are-up in an airplane, down in a submarine, or on the battle front-here where we are is omnipresence, and the nature of omnipresence is omniscience, all-knowing and all-wisdom. Omnipresence which is all-wisdom is omnipotent and all-power, so where we are there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nfinite Way Protective Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 125K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXIV, The Master Alchemist
- CHAPTER XXIV THE MASTER ALCHEMIST Too many Occidentals believe that the mystical life is not only impractical, but largely a figment of the imagination. In this age, however, the way of mysticism is being shown to be, not something mythical, mysterious, or occult, but spiritual, and a far more practical way of life than any yet devised in the human realm. It changes life from the everyday humdrum human experience with its trials and tribulations and its ups and downs to an entirely different kind of life, one lived from within, and yet not lived by us, but rather lived through us-a life in which we pass from living by taking thought and by our own effort to living by the Spirit. The Master Christ Jesus taught his followers to "resist not evil," to cease from strife of all kinds whether by the sword or the law, and to give twice as much in return if something were taken from them. Such a teaching sounds very impractical for this day and age, but as a matter of fact, it is far more practical than living a life dependent for its security and safety upon an army, navy, and air force: not only would we be relieved of the staggering expense of maintaining them, but we would also be relieved of any danger from an enemy because in this way of life there are no enemies. It would be as impossible to live with this transcendental Presence and have an enemy as it would be to live with It and then find oneself in danger from snakes, wild animals, starvation, or any other form of physical or mental discord. This is a very difficult idea for the human mind to grasp. What the unillumined mind sees, hears, tastes, touches, and smells seems so real, and the material and mental universe looks so real, that nothing could be considered quite as ridiculous as to stand before the highest temporal authority of the day and calmly state, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above," or to say, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XXIV, The Master Alchemist.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 12, Consciousness Unfolding as the Harmony of Our Experience
- ~ 12 ~ CONSCIOUSNESS UNFOLDING AS THE HARMONY OF OUR EXPERIENCE SOME time ago a poll was conducted across the United States on the question of what would contribute the most to peace. Thirty-eight percent of those interviewed felt uniting under one God would do more to ensure peace than a greater stockpile of bombs, more armaments, or disarmament. This indicates the beginning of a change of consciousness, and it is on this that valid prophecies can be made. With thirty-eight percent of a cross section of the population agreeing that spiritual values will do more for peace than atomic bombs, we can be assured that a change of consciousness, which will ensure ultimate peace, is evolving. Nearly every war that has not grown out of business rivalry has resulted from religious differences. Among religious groups, there are those who claim the Hebrews are God's chosen people, the Catholics have the only one true God, and the Protestants have the right way. Always there is the belief there is a God for each religion and this is the one and only God. But when thirty-eight percent of the persons interviewed agree there is only one God, bias, bigotry, and religious differences are being wiped out. The important thing is the recognition that whether we are Occidental or Oriental, white or black, Jew or Gentile, we are worshiping the same God. Then we have universality. Understanding there is but one God changes the nature of the individual. It changes the nature of our relationship with others because the greatest difference has been removed: believing there is one God for you and another God for me. At the beginning of every year, all kinds of predictions are made: predictions as to whether business will go forward or backward, as to the possibilities of peace, as to how the government will function. There are those, of course, who attempt to guess or make predictions based on astrological charts. As a rule, some of these come to pass, perhaps ten, twelve, or fifteen percent ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Harmony of Our Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 2, 1963, True Prayer-The Experience of God
- ... To come to this place in consciousness means that a great part of your spiritual journey is behind you, because you cannot attain this lightly, easily or quickly. You have been led up to this, as you will discover when others come to you for spiritual wisdom. You will learn that it is not an easy matter to say to them: "We are not going to God to have your fever reduced, and we are not going to God to get increased supply," for the answer you will receive is: "What then is the use of going to God?" When you have arrived at the place where you can accept such a statement, you have arrived at the place where you have given up human aspirations for spiritual revelations. We do not become ascetics. In giving up the world it is not in the mistaken sense of asceticism in which, by depriving ourselves of everything pleasant, we believe we are pleasing God. On the contrary, be assured that God is only pleased in our joys-in our fruitage. We know this from Christ Jesus, who was sent to earth to "do the will of the Father," and the will of the Father is that we have health and happiness and forgiveness of sins and life eternal. There is no asceticism in the Master's teachings. He took only their sins-never did he take from anyone any form of good. Once you stop seeking in your prayers "what ye shall eat, what ye shall drink and wherewithal ye shall be clothed," you will find they are being added unto you. "Thy grace is my sufficiency in all things," 18 only I must not seek sufficiency, I must seek grace. For thousands of years men have prayed for an end of war, for an end of injustice, for an end of slavery, and disease. All of these human conditions are still going on, and those that are not going on have not been overcome by prayer but by men. Many diseases have been overcome and lost from the world because of medical and surgical discoveries, but you recognize the fact that Christ Jesus revealed that this could be accomplished without human aid. So we are not to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ayer--The Experience of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 10, The Ministry of the Christ
- ~ 10 ~ THE MINISTRY OF THE CHRIST We should never undertake anything, even so unimportant a thing as going to the corner for a loaf of bread, without first making our conscious contact with God. The reason is that while we may seem to be out only for the purpose of buying a loaf of bread, we, actually, may be out on some God-mission without knowing it. If we have not made our contact, we may never know what that mission was and so fail to recognize an opportunity to lend ourselves consciously to this work. Nothing is ever what it appears to be in the human picture. We often think that we are doing something for a normal, natural, human reason and, later on, find that this was not at all the real purpose of what we did. The human reason is sometimes only the decoy that sends us on the real mission, and the true purpose was perhaps not apparent to us at all. We should know by now that as human beings, we are only a transparency for the Divine. Actually, our purpose in studying spiritual wisdom is to find out, through meditation, what the spiritual plan is, and what our part in it is. As we make our contact, we become the visible transparency for the inner, divine, spiritual plan. Then, God, infinite Spirit, is able to use us and to manifest Itself as our individual being, working out Its plan on what we humanly call the earth. It is the earth, but it is more than just the earth: It is both heaven and earth. Heaven and earth are not two different and separate places, except in the human sense of time and place. Reality knows no such thing as "time," no such thing as "place." Time is really now; place is here. Whether or not this earth is a hell or a heaven is dependent upon your view of it, because where some find heaven, others find hell. Some of us find enjoyment in many places right here on earth; others find suffering in the very same places. It is all in the point of view, in the attitude of the individual. Heaven is not a place, and hell is not a place. They are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Ministry of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 9, The Christ
- ... When once we acknowledge God to be the reality of being, we have done away with the need for observing rituals, ceremonies, or creeds, or for celebrating holy days. All we have to do is to learn to live in the consciousness of our present perfection. Let us live in the constant realization of our true identity. After we have done that, there is only one other step, and that is to realize that the errors of the world, all of those things that the world is fighting, are not errors at all; they are illusions. And then, let us learn not to fight them, not to try to subdue or overcome them, or even try to get rid of them. Let us learn to live in a beautiful state of peace, the peace that comes from the understanding of God as the only reality of being. Effects of the Christ The Christ is always a gentle influence. From the moment It appears in our lives, we lose the ability to be very angry or very selfish. The Christ is made manifest in a gentleness of attitude toward those with whom we come in contact. The Christ is the greatest sense of forgiveness the world has yet known. That is the reason Jesus places so much stress on forgiving our enemies, praying for our enemies, forgiving and praying for those who despitefully use us, forgiving seventy times seven, forgiving every day those who seek it. The Christ, once It is received, cannot bear ill will, or hold enmity or antagonism even toward those who hate It. Do you remember Jesus' response to human hate: " 'Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.' 5 No one can destroy or hurt me, since I am life eternal. This is an opportunity to prove that anyone or anything calling himself or itself a hater of truth, a hater of love, is not a power. It is a balloon, ready for a pin to be stuck into it. So put up your sword. I will prove that they can do nothing. Those that live by the sword shall perish by the sword. Those who believe that error is so real that they must go ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 9, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 150K
Find Similar Documents