The World Is New: Chapter 4, Conscious Oneness
- Therefore, the only way I can ever really know you is through spiritual consciousness. That is the real sense of communion, and that is where healing takes place-not in calling a person either a human being or a divine idea, but in reaching through the appearance to the reality. When through spiritual sense we have contacted the reality of a person, we find that God is all the reality there is to him. God, the universal Good, is his individual life, mind, and Soul. Beginning with God then, we come down to Its individualization and find it to be you and me. It is a great temptation, however, to look at people as human beings and find something in them that needs changing, altering, or improving. Oftentimes we become self-righteous when we find someone doing something we think is wrong and piously state, "I can forgive him." This is all part of the human picture and will heal nothing. But when we know that every person is the individualization of God, we can then apply the great law of forgiveness which is not sitting in judgment on a person, first finding him to be wrong and then deciding to be magnanimous and forgive him for being wrong. True forgiveness lies in closing our eyes and in going within to the spiritual sense of things, and there touching the reality of that individual and finding that all reality is God, and that there never has been a sin, a mistake, or anything to overcome. Even if we could correct the sins and faults of our friends or loved ones-and did-we still would not have accomplished much in a spiritual way. But when we blot out the picture of all humanhood, the good as well as the bad, and come close to the center of being, close to God, we find that sooner or later that friend or relative is no longer the erring individual he seems to be. In healing work, we have what appears to be a patient, a practitioner, and God. According to the popularly accepted idea, the patient goes to a practitioner, and the practitioner goes to God, and then God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 4, Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:43- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 10, Questions & Answers
- ... But when we get a state of receptivity so that when any case comes this ear is open and the impartation comes like a flash, telling you how to work or what to work or what truth to reveal, then you can call it God-healing. Question: Then you think that was God-healing? Answer: There is no question about it, because it came to you without any thought process; it was not conscious thinking. It was a state of receptivity which revealed that truth to you. I call that being "divinely led." It did not consist in sitting down and giving a treatment against a disease or a condition. I don't believe in those treatments. Turn to God and let God show you! Ask, "What is the need of this moment?" Can you imagine what a man wrongly imprisoned would feel if I said, "There is no injustice, man is perfect?" He would throw the words back at me. But the minute one is led to show him, say, the Book of Genesis, then he could commence to get the idea of what the spiritual sense of forgiveness is. Forgiveness does not mean saying to Adolph Hitler, "Go on! What you did was perfectly all right!" It isn't that at all. The higher sense of forgiveness is looking through the human activity and seeing that there, at the center of his being, sits God, which at the moment he is misinterpreting. So I say this: In all cases of treatment-and certainly I religiously follow this- never do I permit myself to think a thought, even to make a denial or to affirm a truth or to think a thought. I sit down when necessary and take the attitude, "Speak, Father, for thy servant heareth. . . . 7 I will listen for thy voice. . . . Be still and know that I am God. . . . 8 Let the imparting voice come in." Take the attitude that this is God's universe and let God do something about it. Let us be a witness to watching God in action, then usually we are led to say the right thing or think the right thing or to do the right thing. That's how all these "Letters" came to be in existence that have been out these many ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 10, Questions & Answers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 135K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 10, 1963, Beside God There Is No Other
- BESIDE GOD THERE IS NO OTHER February 10, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS from the tape that you heard this morning? Are there any points that need clarifying? I know it was a very important tape. (1960 Denver Closed Class: Advanced Spiritual Healing Class: Protective Work.) Question: I am interested in what you said about the Christian attitude towards business. You said that John Wanamaker of Philadelphia started pricing at a set price and that this was a Christian way of doing business. Can you explain? Answer: There isn't anyone in the world who is not affected by business. When we speak of the right way of doing business, we speak of business on the basis of the Golden Rule, on the Christian-conducted basis. Before Wanamaker, no store ever had a set price. Everything was bargaining ability, so at first he nearly went bankrupt. People saw the price tags and then started to bargain. At first, when they were told there was to be no bargaining, they walked out. The closer you get to a spiritual way of conducting business, the more just and equitable a type of business would be conducted. In this present era, business is about as un-Christian as it could be; we have reverted to cutthroat business. Once you start humanly manipulating prices, you will find a hundred ways of manipulating them. V ery few people are paying a fair price for the merchandise they buy; they are either paying too much or too little. The same thing is true in the stock market where some stocks are too high or too low. It all comes to this: that individually we may attempt to live our lives in accord with a principle but not be permitted to while we are in an era like this where prices are determined by outside factors. If it is the law, then we have to conform to it. That is unfortunate for those who would like to live by principles. However, it would not prevent an individual's spiritual development. Everything takes place in consciousness, not what you do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eside God There Is No Other.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 30, 1963, An Eternal Relationship
- AN ETERNAL RELATIONSHIP September 30, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center GOOD EVENING. You have an opportunity now to prove a major principle of The Infinite Way. Incidentally, reading about these principles or studying these principles is not of too much importance unless, in addition to the reading and the studying, you actually put them into practice, until you demonstrate principle by principle and very often one at a time. We have been together for ten months and we have seen a lot of each other. We have been in each other's consciousness and we have experienced a great deal of love, friendship, sharing, companionship, and truth. Now it would appear that we will be separated for a while. This always brings up feelings of sorrow or regret or sadness or some other negative emotion, and if you look at the situation humanly you might experience a day or two of sorrow. However, if you look at the situation spiritually, it really presents a tremendous opportunity. What you have experienced of me is my consciousness of truth. You have brought yourself to me, but not physically. You have brought your self to my consciousness. Therefore I have been in your consciousness and you have been in my consciousness and what we have experienced of each other is this consciousness, this spiritual companionship. If you have been receptive and responsive to what has taken place, you have benefitted by having been lifted higher into consciousness. Never forget this: I too have benefitted, because in the kingdom of God there is no such thing as a one- way traffic. In the kingdom of God there is a union. In the kingdom of God there is a oneness. In the kingdom of God there is a unitedness. Therefore, there has been a flow of consciousness among us and between us-from me to you and from you to me. If this were not so, if there was no receptivity on your part, the flow could not move out from within me because there would be nothing to draw it. It is for this reason that all of The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...63, An Eternal Relationship.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 8, Living the Life of Grace
- ~ 8 ~ LIVING THE LIFE OF GRACE God is infinite, and God manifests itself in infinite forms and in infinite ways. God is consciousness, and we therefore become aware of all those things necessary to our unfoldment through an activity of consciousness. We see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, but these are all activities of consciousness manifested at different levels. Often in meditation it is possible to see visions or to hear the still small voice; and then there are times when the presence makes itself known through the activity of smell, and even of touch. We may feel a touch on the shoulder, the head, or on the cheek. At other times, the fragrance of flowers may be noticed. There is no way to limit God and feel that he can appear in one way only. God can appear in any form, and probably we can understand that best by recalling that when Joan of Arc was asked, "Does God speak to you in French?" Her reply was, "I do not know in what language God speaks, but I hear him in French." Does God speak as perfume or odors, voices, or a touch? No! But we can comprehend God in these ways. That is our interpretation of God's presence. Let us learn to accept God in whatever way and in whatever form God may appear to us. How do we know that it is God? How do we know that it is not imagination? By the fruitage, by the results. When we are indulging in vain imaginings about our spiritual activities and spiritual work, it leaves us up in the air, dangling in space, with no tangible results. But when our experience is actually an experience of God, we can know it by its fruits, and the fruits of the spirit are joy, peace, prosperity, health, harmony, and love. When the presence announces itself, there comes with it a sense of serenity, tranquility, a peace which may translate itself into form. Everything has form: even thought. All substance must have a form although not a form always visible to our human sense, and the higher we go in spiritual realization and unfoldment, the more ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, Living the Life of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 3, The Christ Ministry
- Jesus said unto His disciples: Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. (Matthew 11:5) That is the will of God for man! Never let anyone tell you that God's will for man is not good! Never let anyone tell you that it is God's will that you be punished for any sin that you have committed. The Master's ministry was one of healing and forgiveness. He forgave the woman taken in adultery and the thief on the ... He taught that we must not pray until we have established peace with our fellowman. In other words, when you acknowledge that you love your neighbor as yourself, you are asking God's Grace not only for yourself, not only for your friends, but for all those who are reaching toward spiritual realization, whether they be friends or enemies. Christ's ministry was one of forgiveness. He condemned no man. It is not God's will that people be punished for their sins, but that they be forgiven. Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. (John 8:11) He that is without sin among you, let him cast the ... Each group within a community had a priest who would call them together twice a year. He would line them up in front of him and ask each one, "Have you had any trouble with anyone in this group in the past six months?" If the answer was, "Yes," he would instruct, "Make peace now. Begin forgiving him or asking for his forgiveness!" And then, "Have you entertained any jealousy or animosity? Begin now by asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" And, "Have you had lust or animality toward anyone? Start now asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" Thus, each person was compelled to purge himself and herself of these negative human emotions. They were then told, "Now the peace of God can begin to flow in your minds and bodies. Without this, you are blocking entrance to the Divine Grace." Is it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 3, The Christ Ministry.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 1, Living by the Word
- Chapter One Living by the Word There comes a certain moment in the experience of every person when a touch of the Spirit breaks through into consciousness, when a ray of light penetrates, not because of him, but in spite of him. From the moment that ray touches him, the end is inevitable: he is going to find his way to the very center of his being, right to the throne of God. For some, the way is long and difficult because of the many facets of humanhood which have been built up and from which we cannot free ourselves. We do not find it easy to let go of many of the qualities which hold us back; and I am not thinking only of the evil qualities. Some of the good ones, too, are positive deterrents to our spiritual progress. As this ray of light continues to penetrate, it pushes us, it leads us, even to the point of stumbling. We have periods of gradual growth toward spiritual consciousness, and then all of a sudden we get a wallop that sets us back about ten degrees, and we have to pick ourselves up and begin all over again. That happens to everybody on this path, who, like most of us, yields reluctantly to the spiritual impulse. There are a few gifted individuals who, before this present experience on earth, have been so wonderfully prepared that their way seems to be much easier than ours. They seem to perceive spiritual light quickly, and their progress appears always to be onward and upward. In that purity of consciousness, the childlike consciousness, which many adults have brought over with them from their previous development, the ascent into spiritual consciousness is a beautiful one, gradual and harmonious, and beset with very few problems, and even those few not of their own making but having to do mostly with their families, friends, and that which they have picked up on the journey. For most people, however, the path is up and down, and usually there comes the realization at the end of a year or two, and possibly at the end of every year or two, "Well, I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Living by the Word.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 11, Sowing and Reaping
- forgiveness, through praying for the enemy, through loving our neighbor as ourselves, through doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. Thereby we are sowing seeds of love and seeds of truth. In that sowing, the soil is being prepared for spiritual reaping, because with no devil to interfere and no God to give or withhold, we are going to reap what we have sown. Setting in Motion the Law of Love In Christian mysticism, this teaching is called the law of as-ye-sow-so-shall- ye-reap; in Oriental mysticism, it is called the law of karma. They both mean the same thing; the law of cause and effect. The cause that we set in motion through forgiveness ... The law came by Moses, but grace and truth came by the Christian dispensation of Christ Jesus. This means that at any moment that we repent, as we do in meditations of forgiveness, in retracting every bit of erroneous belief we have held about others, and in withdrawing from circulation all hate, envy, jealousy, malice, bias, ... Can you imagine the look in the eyes of the woman taken in adultery as she stood before her accusers, that look directed at the Master that demanded, asked for, and pleaded for understanding and forgiveness, even without saying a word? And the Master answered, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 1 Just her look convinced the Master of her repentance, and the past was wiped out. Instantly! No period of sorrow, no period of grief, no period of going through Hades, but wiped out in a moment, because there was no condemnation, nor is there ever any condemnation from the Christ. There is forgiveness, and with it a warning: "Go, and sin no more." In ... You must find it by realizing that I in the midst of you is the Christ. Loving Restores US to the Divine Consciousness We have prayed spiritually when we have prayed the prayer of love, truth, and forgiveness; and in doing this, we have sown to the Spirit. We have made sure that now we will reap the Spirit. As we sow tonight, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 5, Transforming the Unillumined Human Mind
- Chapter Five Transforming the Unillumined Human Mind We are born into a state of spiritual ignorance, and in that state we do not have the benefit of truth operating for us. It is for this reason that some of us come into the world physically or mentally handicapped, and it is possible for anything to happen to us of either a good or an evil nature. Because personal experience is the result of what is taken into the mind, as long as our mind is the human mind with its good and evil, we will live the experience of the human mind, which is a false sense of mind, both good and evil. The mind, however, in and of itself, is neither good nor evil: it is merely an instrument of awareness. A mind imbued with truth will bring forth harmony of mind, body, business, home, or family, but only in proportion to the degree in which that mind is stayed on truth. A mind imbued with ignorance, that is, one that accepts a materialistic view of life, must bring forth a life after its own image and likeness, which is also material, and therefore, both good and evil. Until we are led to some truth- teaching, however, we do not have the capacity to choose whether our mind is to be imbued with truth or whether it will remain under the domination of world beliefs. Up to that time we are in ignorance of the truth that our mind, when it is imbued with truth, will bring forth harmony, but when it is ignorant of truth and accepting the world's materialistic beliefs, it brings forth discord and inharmony. Abiding in Truth Leads to the Illumined Consciousness As we come to a truth-teaching, we learn that there is a truth which is contrary to human belief and also contrary to some orthodox religious teachings. First of all, we discover that there is no God sitting around in heaven worrying about whether we have an accident, become enmeshed in sin, or succumb to a disease. Our prayers to this unknown God are of no avail. Truth-teachings reveal that the reason these prayers have not been effective ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Unillumined Human Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 11, Teacher and Student On the Path
- Chapter Eleven Teacher and Student On the Path It has been said that whatever a person keeps his mind fastened upon, that eventually he tends to become. What he desires, what he seeks, what he wants with all his heart and soul, he draws to himself. To a certain extent that is true on the human plane, but in the spiritual world, it is an absolute principle. It is true that desire is prayer. That does not mean, however, desire for a home, desire for health, or desire for an automobile: it means a desire for God, a desire for truth, for spiritual realization, a desire that the hunger of the heart be satisfied. Spiritual desire is really a deep form of prayer: it is to hunger and thirst after God. Find Your Path Each one must determine the message that is right for him and who his teacher is. Do not think for a moment that everyone is going to derive the same measure of benefit from any and every teaching or teacher. There are some persons who respond naturally to the mystical teaching of the Infinite Way. That then becomes their path, and once they determine that this is their way, it is up to them to give it the utmost devotion that they have. For others, this may not be their path. That is why I am happy that in the Infinite Way we have never been led to form any kind of an organization; I do not want anybody held to this Way by membership. Everybody must feel free. If this message is not for you, keep on searching and seeking until you find the one that is. Do not think because somebody you know has had a beautiful healing in the Infinite Way or has benefitted from it that it necessarily means it is for you. Each one must have his teaching and his teacher, something to which he responds. Until he finds it, he must continue to search. When he finds it, something within him says, "This is my way." After that, he abandons all others and gives himself wholeheartedly to the one. As he continues to do this, he discovers that something from the beginning has been building ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...her and Student On the Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 121K
Find Similar Documents