Conscious Union with God: Chapter 7, Making the Adjustment
- ~ 7 ~ MAKING THE ADJUSTMENT The readers of this book naturally represent varying states and stages of consciousness. Some may be widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of Christian Science or Unity, some from the standpoint of other metaphysical approaches, and others may be practically beginners and know nothing about the spiritual approach to life. Therefore, it is difficult to reach these different thought patterns and expect all of them to understand the same things in the same way. For that reason, this chapter is devoted to bringing about an understanding of the language used in the Infinite Way. While I do not claim that the truth expressed in the Infinite Way has not at some time or other been included in the teachings of the great sages and seers, it must be recognized that this particular approach-the particular meaning of the truth or the purpose of this teaching-is probably different from almost any other teaching. The Infinite Way stands wholly and completely on the revelation of Jesus as given in the Gospel according to John. There is no deviation from Jesus' teaching in one single particle, nor are we, in explaining or elucidating it, adding to it or taking from it in any way. It is accepted absolutely as it stands in the revelation of Jesus: I am life eternal; I am the way, the truth, and the light. I am the resurrection-not, I will be resurrected, not that there is some kind of a law of God which is going to act upon me, but I am the resurrection. I am the bread-not, I will be supplied with bread, but I am the bread; I am the water; I am the wine. When you stand on that, you stand on the revelation that you are infinite spiritual consciousness, infinite spiritual life itself, and being infinite, all inclusive and including within your own being every activity of Being. God Appears as Individual Being Those of you who are familiar with metaphysical teachings must realize that the Infinite Way is in contradistinction to most of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Making the Adjustment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 28, 1963, Two Covenants
- TWO COVENANTS September 28, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. There are two covenants: the human and the divine, the mental and the spiritual, and there is absolutely no way for the human being to pray to God or make contact with God. The only contact there can be with God is in silence, and that does not mean the absence of noise. It means the silencing of human will and personal desire. Spiritual silence, "be still and know," has no reference to sound. Be still means to have no will or desire of your own. Keep your humanhood still and then be willing that the grace of God fill your consciousness. How it will appear in the outer form you will have no possible way of knowing. It really is a mystery, and how it is accomplished is an even greater mystery. When the work of The Infinite Way started in California, none of us believed that it would ever extend outside of California. As a matter of fact it was a surprise when the work moved up as far as Northern California, and when we were functioning there none of us dreamed of going outside of that state. Actually it was a great surprise when I was invited to Portland, Oregon! And so it has been ever since-a surprise. Only an act of divine grace could have continued moving us from place to place to place, until the globe was circled. When you go to God it must be with no thoughts and with no desire. You go to God to attune yourself to God's grace and, whatever form it takes, that is what you must follow. There will always be a divided world and an unsuccessful world as long as people are praying for things, conditions, persons. I know through the healing work that you cannot pray for persons. It has always been horrible to me to think of God healing Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Smith, but not healing Mrs. Jones. No, in healing work the person who has asked for help has attuned to your consciousness and, when you are spiritually attuned, they are spiritually attuned and receive the benefits of that attuning. It is for this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ber 28, 1963, Two Covenants.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:21- 95K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 11, Infinite Uncircumscribed Being
- Chapter Eleven Infinite Uncircumscribed Being Most persons, regardless of their religious background, have the idea that God's grace, God's blessing, or the givingness of God is dependent on some thing. Often it has been taught that the receiving of God's benefits is dependent on our obedience to the Ten Commandments or to church rules, regular attendance in church, taking communion, fasting, sacrificing, tithing, being grateful, or having faith. Releasing God An important part of our work is releasing God in the sense of realizing that we do not need God for anything except for God to be God, which God always is. We stop looking to God to do something for us now or in the future, since whatever God does, God has been doing from everlasting to everlasting. God never changes. God never inaugurates something now; He could not heal us now; He could not heal us tomorrow. We come to this awareness through the progressive unfoldment of Infinite Way principles. First, must come the realization that God is not a withholding God; therefore, if God is not a withholding God, God cannot be a giving God, because giving something now would imply having withheld it up to now. In God there is no such thing as giving or withholding: there is only God being God. But God is being God eternally; God has been God eternally. Our function is not to reach out to God as if we wanted something of God, but rather to tune in to God as if we had been disconnected, and as if we are now reconnecting ourselves with God. Then, another step to help us gain this awareness is to see that God is responsible for the rising and the setting of the sun, and that these are not dependent on anything that man does or does not do. God is responsible for the laws of nature, which are constantly in operation, whether or not man does anything to deserve or be worthy of them. What God is, God is, regardless of man. God's rain falls "on the just and the unjust,"1 and there is no such thing as God's blessings being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inite Uncircumscribed Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 15, The New Discipleship
- ~ 15 ~ THE NEW DISCIPLESHIP There must come a time in the experience of every seeker when he no longer tries to gain anything for himself but rather tries to help reveal this Christ that he has beheld to those now seeking it who have not yet seen it. All those who are teachers or leaders have in a measure beheld the Christ, and the only reason they have turned to teaching or to the healing ministry is to reveal that Christ to the rest of the world. That is the function of everyone on this path. But it is not through the human mind that the revelation comes. There must be a deeper intuition, a deeper consciousness that says to us: "I behold the Christ. I behold the Christ, even though the world tried to crucify and place it in a tomb, put a stone there, and seal that tomb. Yet I see the Christ walking the streets." That is inner vision; that is spiritual vision; and that is the vision necessary for a complete and an utter reliance on the Christ. Nothing less will bring about healing, but when we have that, the Christ performs its function in the consciousness of both the teacher and the student. We cannot go out and give to the world what we have found of spiritual healing or spiritual living by talking or preaching it. The offering of the wine, the water, and the meat must be done gently and sparingly, permitting the other person to come in his own good time to his spiritual good. We cannot through preaching save the world, even though we have a principle that could and would save the world if the world could accept it. What we can give to the world, however, is our demonstration of God. By our fruits not only will we be judged, but will we create a hunger in the world for what we have: not by offering it to others, but by letting them see how we bear witness to it. If our faces show forth just a little bit of the glory of God, if our lives attest to the fact that we have found a principle to live by, then we may be assured that in the years to come we will reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 15, The New Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 9, The Nature of Consciousness
- ... You are Melchizedek, never born and never dying. This, you will understand when you realize that you are using this body as your instrument just as you use your automobile to travel around in. And, just as you get a new automobile when you need one, so some day when this body has served its full purpose for you, you will discard it and take on a new one. As your body in this experience has served different purposes and functions, so will your new body have its function and develop whatever is necessary for its activity because your consciousness will fit your body to its needs, visibly or invisibly. The Consciousness from which you derive everything is God-consciousness, and It is infinite: It is eternal life, immortality, harmony, wholeness, and completeness. Therefore, turn within and seek for Grace, for the Grace that is your sufficiency, for the fullness of Allness within. You do not have to go outside yourself for peace, health, or wealth because all these are embodied in your consciousness. Forgiveness and Love As Activities of Consciousness The ministry of the Christ reveals that the divine Consciousness within you is come that you might have life and that you might have it more abundantly: It is come that you might be fed and have twelve baskets full left over. It is come that you might forgive and be forgiven for past ignorance and stupidities. It is come that you might have peace on earth. Forgive; forgive. Forgive all men, because you cannot enter the spiritual life until you have forgiven them their past offenses, and have also forgiven yourself. You have to close your eyes, look back on the years, and realize, "Yes, those years were full of insults to God and to my fellow man. They were just filled with sin, but now at last I know it, and I know it was wrong. It may be that I can never right the particular wrongs to the particular persons involved, but at least I can recognize the nature of my sins and be done with them. I have control over this minute ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Nature of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 141K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 12, The Message of the Bible
- Chapter Twelve The Message of the Bible The state of consciousness you are, the elevation of consciousness you attain, this determines what manner of life you lead. It determines whether you live the life of a grub-worm, of a slave, or a free man, or the life of a spiritual entity. It all depends upon what your state of consciousness is. In one state of consciousness, you could very well have been a slave and had everybody ordering you about. But as, through Grace, a higher realization came, you asserted your dominion and became a free man-still human, but free. As greater light came and your consciousness changed, you realized, "I am not merely a free man. I am a spiritual man. I have God-given strength, God-given dominion, and God-given freedom." Eventually you will reach the place in consciousness where Jesus was when he said, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Jesus had not always been at that stage. At one time he was at the state of other Hebrew rabbis in the temple, but he grew until he came to the passage where he read from the book of Isaiah and said, "The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised. . . . This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." 2 With that, he realized, "Why, no, I'm not going to stand on a platform just reading out of a book." So he stepped down from that platform and went out into the world, not as a temple rabbi but as a world rabbi. Later, all that passed from him, and he was no longer a rabbi: he was a Master. So it is that one day you are addressed as housewife or businessman, then one day as a practitioner, and later as teacher. If you keep ascending in consciousness, one day you will be addressed as Master. It all depends on your state of consciousness. If you have advanced to this point, you are already ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, The Message of the Bible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Two, Begin Prayer with the Word God
- ... A person can be the most unregenerate sinner in the world, but he will be made as white as snow in the moment that he contacts God. It makes no difference what his fears or sins may be today. Do not sit in judgment on him; do not criticize or condemn him. Remember that your function is to reveal the Christ, and instead of sitting in judgment on the Magdalenes and thieves and alcoholics, turn around and love them, forgive them, understand them, and place them in God's keeping where God's love and God's forgiveness and God's grace can reach them. One second of God-realization will dispel any sin, any disease, or any fear that has ever existed on the face of the earth-but it must be God-realization and not just talk about God or preaching about God. God-experience must come to you, and that experience is what dispels the sins, diseases, and illusions of the world. Keep your consciousness attuned to God, never bringing your thought down to the level of a patient, a discord, or an ... Out of the spiritualized individual consciousness come the great works of the masters, and in proportion to this deepening and enriching of consciousness will come forth the great works given you to do. I do not expect that the day will ever come when there will be one church on earth, since for many generations to come there will be varying states and stages of consciousness, but this need not in any way interfere with the ultimate realization of the great truth that there is but one God, and this God is the God of all churches, and therefore, regardless of our affiliation or nonaffiliation, we are brothers to one another. And now a final word: If you find it difficult to forgive those who have offended you or yours, pray daily that God forgive them. Forgiveness is one of the great spiritual qualities, but personal sense does make it difficult at times for us to understand and demonstrate the true nature of forgiveness. Nevertheless, we can always turn to God and ask that God forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...in Prayer with the Word God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter V, Love Thy Neighbor
- ... If we are harboring within us personal animosity, or if we are indulging in national or religious hatred, prejudice, or bigotry, our prayers are worthless. We must go to God with clean hands in order to pray, and to approach God with clean hands, we must relinquish our animosities. Within ourselves, we must first of all pray the prayer of forgiveness for those who have offended us, since they know not what they do; and secondly, acknowledge within ourselves: "I stand in relationship to God as a son, and therefore, I stand in relationship to every man as a brother." When we have established that state of purity within ourselves, then we can ask the Father: Give me grace; give me understanding; give me peace; give me this day my daily bread-give me this day spiritual bread, spiritual understanding. Give me forgiveness, even for those harmless trespasses which I have unwittingly committed. The person who turns within for light, for grace, for understanding, and for forgiveness never fails in his prayers. The law of God is the law of love, the law of loving our enemies-not fearing them, not hating them, but loving them. No matter what an individual does to us, we are not to strike back. To resist evil, to retaliate, or to seek revenge is to acknowledge evil as reality. If we resist evil, if we refute ... Let us never accept a human being into our consciousness who needs healing, employing, or enriching because if we do, we are his enemy instead of his friend. If there is any man, woman, or child we believe to be sick, sinning, or dying, let us do no praying until we have made peace with that brother. The peace we must make with that brother is to ask forgiveness for making the mistake of sitting in judgment on any individual because everyone is God in expression. All is God manifested. God alone constitutes this universe; God constitutes the life, the mind, and the Soul of every individual. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor" has a much broader ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter V, Love Thy Neighbor.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter VI, To Him That Hath
- ... Just the recognition of this principle may open the way for us to experience all good, but, on the other hand, it may be necessary for us consciously to open out specific ways for it to flow. If we need supply, we must begin expressing it, and there are many ways of doing that. People may give part of what they have to some charitable enterprise, or they may even make some unnecessary expenditure just to prove that they have. Money is not the only way to start the flow. We can begin spending love, forgiveness, co-operation, and service. Any bestowal that is meant for God or God's children is a giving of oneself. This is the application of the principle that no good can come to us; good must flow out from us. Is it not clear that the expectation of receiving good from any source outside of our own being would be the very attitude which would separate us from that good, but that a constant seeking within for greater opportunities to release the good already established in us, to let it flow, to express it, to share it, would open the windows of heaven? We should give because we have-give because we have an abundance, give because we have love and gratitude to overflowing. Gratitude is not related to an expectancy of what we may receive tomorrow. Gratitude is the sharing or expressing of joy for the good already received. It is a giving without a single sign, without a single trace of desire for a return. Any form of giving, whether it is the giving of the tangibles, such as money, food, or clothing, or the giving of the intangibles, such as forgiveness, understanding, consideration, kindness, generosity, love, peace, or harmony, should be because we have an abundance. Then comes the transformation in consciousness which reveals our Christhood. Christhood never seeks to receive. There is no record in the entire New Testament of the Master's seeking health, wealth, recognition, reward, fame, payment, or gratitude. The Christ shines; Its complete activity is that of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter VI, To Him That Hath.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 95K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 8, Harmony Through Oneness with God
- ... You see what it was, don't you? He probably had a higher sense of love than she did and he was looking to carry love somewhere but not to someone who was just seeking ten dollars a week. He was looking for someone who was ready to express love. Now this love which you and I express is not only for each other, for even the Scribes and the Pharisees expressed love to each other and to their families and their friends. No, this love that we are called on to express must be given to our enemies, to those who despitefully use us, as well as to those who come within the range of our friendships and our families. That is, of course, the power of love; that oneness with God. Oneness with God is the conscious expression of the qualities of God, therefore it isn't a mysterious factor; it isn't an occult factor; it isn't something you have to do in the "wilds" somewhere or out in the woods. You can do it right here in the room. You can do it in the streetcar. As long as you are looking out on this world with love, with forgiveness, and with great joy for the fact that all who open their consciousness to the presence of God will in some manner bring it forth, that is all that is necessary. It is a reality that there is within you greater capacities for joy than any you ever have known in the external world. I myself have always been a voracious reader from the time I was a child. I have read books almost as fast as they could print them. But I can tell you that today I can find just as great a joy welling up within me as I can find outside in a book. Though I still enjoy beautiful books, I also find that if I were in a place where there were no books, all that could be found in books can be found in my individual consciousness and yours. Peace-joy-power! "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth!" 24 You know the peace that the world gives? Oh, that peace is money, home, automobiles, theaters, dances, good food-that is the kind of peace that you get from the world. But ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ny Through Oneness with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:07- 128K
Find Similar Documents