Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 4, Consciousness
- ... In the mystical life, you do not disdain the physical realm, nor do you belittle the mental realm. You realize that to be a whole man, in addition to the physical and mental, there must be that infinite, divine Consciousness which gives you your soul integrity and your love for your neighbor. Did you ever stop to think that as a human being a person cannot love his neighbor as himself? Have you ever stopped to think how impossible that is? A person might be able to love the neighbor he likes, but he would be very "choosey" about the neighbor that he is going to love as himself. Do you not see that only as the Soul of God is your Soul can you love your neighbor as yourself and not care whether he is a friendly or an unfriendly neighbor, but love in the sense that God loves? Have you ever stopped to think that, as a human being, it is impossible to pray for your enemies, and if you do, it is only lip service? Do you not know that humanly you cannot forgive "seventy times seven"? 3 Even if you could forgive seventy times seven, it would never be forgiveness until you forgave through that part of you which is divine, that part of you which knows that humanly you have enough faults of your own, and as you would be forgiven, so you forgive. Whether individual consciousness is aware at the physical or mental level, behind both must be the Consciousness that is aware, and that Consciousness is God. Now bring that down to the truth that the Consciousness that is God is the consciousness that you are, and you have oneness. Then you can relax your personal efforts; you can relax from taking thought for your life. Why should you take thought when the Consciousness that formed you is responsible for maintaining and sustaining you? You can relax in His Spirit and His wisdom, because His Spirit and His wisdom are yours. If you live merely as a physical being, people will speak of you as being strong or weak, meaning that you have a strong or a weak body. If you have risen into the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ Chapter 4, Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 3, God Revealing the Infinity of Being
- ~ 3 ~ GOD REVEALING THE INFINITY OF BEING The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools. Ecclesiastes 9:17 We are surrounded at all times by what Scripture calls "angels," which hover about us always. Within us are those divine ideas or spiritual impulses which guide, lead, and direct us, even though as human beings we are not aware of them. As human beings, brought up with the ordinary church experience or with no church at all, we are not aware of the fact that we are constantly under divine government, divine guidance. In reality we are under the law of the Spirit of God, and under the spirit of the law of God. In practice, we walk around like the Prodigal, thinking, "I, of mine own self, am something and I am going out into the world to make a name for myself, to earn a living for myself, and to become something great of and by myself." Thereby, we set up a counterfeit identity and develop concern about the health, wealth, success, and contacts of this counterfeit identity. Yet, all the time, even though probably we have never thought of it, we have been completely surrounded by an atmosphere of love and completely enveloped in divine Being. As a matter of fact, we are divine Being. We are the Father-consciousness Itself, but we have walked about in the world, believing that consciousness to be something small, finite, insignificant, and unimportant. The purpose of this ministry is to bring us back to the Father's house, back to a consciousness of the presence and power of God. We are in this work but for one purpose-to be led back to the kingdom of our own consciousness in which God is manifested as divine wisdom, as divine love, as life, truth, permanence, immortality, and eternality. Synonyms for God For a moment, let us consider the synonyms for God, taking just a few with which we are familiar. We know God as infinite being, and therefore, we take each of the synonyms for God as representing the allness and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aling the Infinity of Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 146K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 11, Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness
- Chapter Eleven Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness Throughout the history of the world, there have been some few hundred persons who by the grace of God have received spiritual illumination to a sufficient extent for them to be considered mystics. There also have been a few thousand persons or possibly tens of thousands who by the grace of God have received a touch of the Spirit but, because they did not understand or grasp the meaning or significance of it when it came, could never again regain it or have the experience repeated. These represent one of the saddest elements of society. It is not necessary for a person to go through life without illumination however, because with an understanding of the truth of being and a consistent living with the principles, the spiritual centers are opened, and it is possible for anyone who earnestly turns to a spiritual teaching to receive a tremendous measure of light. The degree of that illumination varies with the individual and with the use he makes of it after he receives it. Impersonalization Illumination is possible only in proportion to our realization of the nature of God as omnipresence and infinity, thereby enabling us to look upon any and every form of discord not as a condition or a person but as a mental imposition, a malpractice, a temptation, a state of hypnotism, a nothingness. It is virtually impossible to receive spiritual light or illumination and to attain the heights possible through meditation when the mind is divided against itself. If we entertain the belief that God can do something to or for something or somebody, our mind is a house divided against itself. As long as we entertain a belief in two powers, illumination is impossible because that is the barrier that separates us from being that man who has his being in Christ. We think of each other as having certain qualities, some good and some bad, some spiritual and some material. That is the barrier. We cannot deny that some of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter VII, Meditation
- CHAPTER VII MEDITATION To him that hath shall be given . . . love the Lord thy God with all thy heart . . . love thy neighbor as thyself . . . I and my Father are one": These are important principles for any aspirant on the spiritual path. But how are these principles to be realized? It is one thing to state what is, but it is another thing to achieve it or accomplish it. Granted that there is this Father within of whom Jesus spoke, this Christ through which we can do all things, how then do we individually achieve the experience of the Christ, that is, how do we bring that divine Presence into our affairs? That is the important point. In The Infinite Way, the age-old theme of meditation and inner communion is emphasized, the practice of which enables a person to come out and be separate -whether he is sitting reverently in a church, whether he has retired to some quiet corner of his own home, or whether he is basking in the sunshine of a garden -and, forgetting the things of this world, to turn within and make contact with his inner forces, with that which we call God, the Father within, the Christ. The experience of the Christ is a present possibility; the way to that experience is through meditation. Far too many aspirants to the spiritual way of life know the letter of truth and are satisfied to stop there. "I and my Father are one" is the correct letter of truth. Does repeating these words or does an intellectual knowledge of them help us in any way? How often do we say: "I am God's perfect child; I am spiritual; I am divine"; and then find that we are just as poor as we were before, or in just as much trouble. These are only statements. It is similar to sitting in a dark room and saying over and over again, "Electricity gives light." That is a correct statement, but we shall still be sitting in the dark until, by turning on the switch, a connection is made with the source of electricity. So nothing is going to happen to us, regardless of how many affirmations ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce_ Chapter VII, Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 4, Immortality Unveiled
- Chapter Four Immortality Unveiled It is not possible to enter into the Christ-consciousness while you are trying to change appearances. Evil becomes less operative in your life, however, as you rise to a place in consciousness where you recognize that God is Spirit, that Spirit alone is power, and that there is no power aside from Spirit-not that there is not a claim of material and mental power in the human world. But you cannot change that until you rise above the material and mental levels into the spiritual, and it is there that you will recognize the illusory nature of all so-called powers. Actually, it is impossible for an illusion to create any real thing. All it can create is a mental image in thought. The world is the temple of God. It is not an illusion even though some Oriental teachings claim it is. The illusion is in our sense of the world. But what has happened to those who have accepted this world as an illusion? "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 Has there been clearly identifiable fruitage? God never created an illusion, and God did create the world which to human sense is seen "through a glass darkly."2 If only it could be seen face to face, this very universe would be the temple of God, as your individual body would be. Your body is the temple of God, but you are seeing it through the universal belief in two powers, and the sooner you come to some measure of realization of one power, the sooner will your body begin to respond. As you learn this principle of the Infinite Way, you will disregard appearances, knowing that you are witnessing these appearances through the illusory sense of the belief in two powers. Impersonal Nature of Error Makes Healing Relatively Easy Infinite Way work is carried on entirely from the standpoint that all evil, regardless of its name or nature, is impersonal and has its source in a universal belief in two powers. It is for this reason that you never take the name of the patient or the disease into your treatment. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Immortality Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XVI, The Fruit of the Spirit
- CHAPTER XVI THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT In the life of every seeker after God there comes a time when he feels the Presence and becomes aware, in one way or another, of an actual transcendental Presence and Power. Then he will have done with reading books about the God- experience or with hearing people talk about it. We do not know in what form that experience will come to us. To each one it comes in a different way, but this much is certain: When it comes, and the Spirit of the Lord is a realized Presence, "there is liberty"-a liberty and a freedom from the thoughts and things of this world, its fears, doubts, cares, and problems. The very moment that the Spirit of the Lord touches a person, he is transformed. He begins to understand the meaning of rebirth or of being "born again." He senses a difference within himself and he knows that he is not the same person he was yesterday or last week. The degree of the transformation may not at once be apparent in the visible realm, but, bit by bit, it becomes evident to the outer world. Sometimes in the very beginning it may become evident in negative appearances. Loss often precedes gain: "He that findeth his life, shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake, shall find it." The present sense of life must be sacrificed that the spiritual sense of life may be gained. Before the full and complete realization of this new life has taken place, the breaking up of the old forms may appear as a problem of some sort, either economic, emotional, or physical. There is the sense of losing something, giving up or sacrificing something. Actually, this is not true. Once the Spirit of the Lord has really touched a person, he is not disturbed or affected by outer appearances, because he recognizes them as part of a transitional experience. The early Christian martyrs who turned from the pagan gods to the one God did not think in terms of a human sense of life. The persecution they were forced to endure was as nothing in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...VI, The Fruit of the Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:30- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1955, Essential Points in Infinite Way Practice
- ... Although outwardly it may seem that you have but one dollar, in the recognition of the infinite nature of your own being you can take at least one coin and say, "Out of the visible evidence of my infinity, I will share that which I have." On the scale of the Spirit, money is the least of that which we have to give, so let us not look to the purse to see how many dollars we have. "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee." Turn to the infinite consciousness within and see how much of forgiveness, justice, kindness, freedom, harmony and wholeness you can bestow. Count your wealth by the realization of your Sonship with God. Every truth that has been revealed from the beginning of time is given as living scripture, to be embodied within you, lived and practiced. "I and my Father are one. . . . All things that the Father hath are mine," does not mean anything unless you are willing to take that truth into consciousness, and practice it daily by beginning to give and to ... A teacher who has learned spiritual wisdom has a responsibility far beyond teaching A-B-Cs and 1- 2-3s, and that is to realize that these are not child-minds and child-bodies, but that each is the Mind of God, disclosing and revealing Itself; each is the Temple of the living God, unfolding normally, joyfully, innocently and harmoniously. Philosophy and religion teach that we are poor, weak mortals, and yet they acknowledge that God is our Father. Is that not a sin? God is our Father, therefore we are divine sons, subject only to the government of the Father! We are Children of God, and we have the infinite spiritual storehouse of the Father to draw upon for life and love, for forgiveness, justice and mercy, for integrity, loyalty and fidelity. The very Soul of God is your individual Soul, and it is out of that Soul (the kingdom of God within you) that your good flows. However, it is available only in the degree of your knowing the truth, consciously realizing it, practicing and making ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts in Infinite Way Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 137K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 13, Solving Individual Problems
- ~ 13 ~ SOLVING INDIVIDUAL PROBLEMS WITHOUT A KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, and there is no spiritual life. Throughout the ages, the worship of God as something or someone far-off and the worship of a God who must be appealed to, petitioned, or told our needs has prevented us from experiencing the presence and power of God. Today, we have made a real advance spiritually because we are beginning to understand that God is divine consciousness, life eternal, and even more than this, that God is the life and the consciousness of individual you and me. God is not only principle, Soul, or consciousness, but the consciousness and Soul of each and every one of us, the very Spirit, animating principle, and law of our being. Unless a person clearly perceives the truth of Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 he will not understand why and how it is that all that the Father has is his. The longer we perpetuate God as something separate and apart from ourselves, the longer will we be seeking to get our allness from a God somewhere outside of us. In proportion, however, as we realize that God is closer to us than breathing, and that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you 2 . . . I and my Father are one 3 . . . Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine," 4 will we understand that all that the Father has is ours. In that realization, we are able to give up fear. We all know the terrors of fear, so it is natural to ask, "How can I lose fear? How can I give up my fear?" There is only one way, and that is to know God as the very reality of our being. If we know God to be our life, how then can we fear for our life, for our supply, or for our security? It is our realization of our oneness with God which constitutes our safety and security, our health, longevity, immortality and eternality. In no way can we overcome fear as long as we believe that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Solving Individual Problems.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 1, The Basis of Spiritual Healing
- ~ 1 ~ THE BASIS OF SPIRITUAL HEALING Spiritual healing is brought about through the realization of the Christ in individual consciousness. God, the individual Consciousness of this universe, is the one and only consciousness. However, since God is the consciousness of me and God is the consciousness of you, and because there is only this one consciousness, truth becomes effective in the consciousness of anyone who tunes in to it. Therefore, any truth that reveals itself within our consciousness instantaneously reveals itself to the person appearing as our patient. Sometimes, people who are not associated with us in any way, either as friends, relatives, students, or patients-someone in a hospital or a prison, someone on a desert island, someone who is reaching out for help to his highest concept of God-may be healed even though they do not know us and we do not know them; or even if they do know us, they may not know that we are on this path, and, therefore, would not know why they were healed. There is only one Life, one Consciousness, one Soul; but that One is the consciousness of you and the consciousness of me. That is why we do not have to try to reach anyone. When we are in this conscious oneness, we become so much a part of one another that what one is thinking about Truth, or God, the other is hearing, but no transference of thought is involved and should not be so construed. We are not one in our humanhood: We are one in the Christ, and all that is being imparted is the divine idea flowing in consciousness. For that reason, those who are aware of the principle of one power need never be concerned about suffering from other people's thoughts. All the suffering on earth, regardless of its form or nature, is a product of the universal belief in two powers; and therefore, universal harmony will only be restored when God is revealed as Omnipotence. There is only one mind and that mind is the instrument of the one Spirit, or God. Human thinking, which is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Basis of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 132K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 4, God Formed Man for His Glory
- Chapter Four God Formed Man for His Glory But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. I Corinthians 2:14 If a spiritual message such as the Infinite Way sounds like foolishness to you, it is because you are seeing and hearing as a human being and can be counted among those of whom Jesus spoke, "Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not?"1 If, on the other hand, this message makes sense to you, it is because your human sense of life is becoming fainter and your spiritual discernment is being awakened and aroused to perceive it. In a colloquy with his disciples the Master asked: Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. . . . But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 16:13-17 It was as if Jesus had said to the disciples: "The mind did not tell you that; your eyes did not see it; your ears did not hear it: the Father within you, your spiritual sense, revealed it to you." So it is with a spiritual message. You will never learn a spiritual message merely through the physical senses, not by seeing or by hearing. You will learn a spiritual message when your heavenly Father, that is, your spiritual consciousness, is awake and reveals to you that this is truth, this is the Christ, this is reality. Then are you able to accept it, receive it, respond to it, and demonstrate it. Thought Is Not Power Some persons have accepted the belief that their human mind is God and that by thinking good thoughts they will come true. There are some who believe that if you send them a good thought it will benefit them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...od Formed Man for His Glory.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 120K
Find Similar Documents