Consciousness Transformed: August 4,1963, Becoming the New Man
- ... It is only with the coming of the spiritual faculty-it is only when you have inner discernment-that you learn the great secret which the mind cannot believe. God is speaking, saying: "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 10 Only this can stop that mad rush to destruction, because now it is always possible to go to the source- that I within-for daily manna. Sometimes a stumbling block arises because when you do this, the flow starts very quickly and very abundantly. It is at this point that you fail to take time to discover the next bit of manna which is that you have not merely been given a sufficiency, you have been given twelve baskets to share with "the least of these my brethren." Are we doing it? What about the distribution of the twelve baskets? "What we surrender, we have; what we hold in the grasp of possession, we lose. Everything we release, we draw to us. Everything we loose, we have; everything we set free, we bind to us forever." This is spiritual law. If you receive forgiveness and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive love and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive gratitude and do not give it, you lose it because life- God-is an outflow, and only as we are letting the grace of God flow through us are we instruments of the divine. These are some of the points that you are apt to forget. You must be reminded of them, as eventually you will find it necessary to remind others, until they too have become fully acquainted with the new man which they have become and who is now able to live peacefully with the spiritual facts of life rather than with the material concepts. Do you not see why many of our students miss the way? When students begin to have some healings, some forgivings or some supplyings, they must quickly realize that these are not the demonstration-these are the fruits of the demonstration. The demonstration is the consciousness of the presence of that indwelling spirit, and all the "things" are added unto us ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...,1963, Becoming the New Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-09-07 14:12:48- 114K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 4, The Stature of Spiritual Manhood
- Chapter Four The Stature of Spiritual Manhood The original unfoldment or revelation given to me was that God is not in the human scene until God is admitted into our consciousness. In other words, all the evils that exist-individual, collective, national, and international-all these are possible because a human being as a branch of the Tree of Life is cut off and withers and dies. As human beings we are separate and apart from God. We are that "natural man"1 who knows not the things of God and cannot know them for they must be spiritually discerned. The things of God cannot be known with the mind; they cannot be known with the intellect; and this accounts for a great deal of the failure that many students experience in metaphysical work. Where there is failure, the reason is nearly always the same. It is not because of the particular message: it is that the individual is depending entirely on what he reads, on statements of truth and books, on hymns, or on church attendance, and none of these is God. None of these is spiritual power. The books, the teachers, and the churches, holy mountains, holy temples, and holy scriptures have their place, but they serve only as instruments whereby students develop the capacity of spiritual discernment. Spiritual Discernment Is Essential If the things of God could be known through the mind, everybody could read spiritual books and have access to God, but these do not provide that access. Access to God is attained only through spiritual discernment, and therefore, God does not enter your life or mine until we have developed some measure of spiritual discernment. True, just as the Master could heal, feed, and forgive, so today those of spiritual discernment can do some measure of healing work, some feeding and forgiving, and some breaking of bondage to karmic law. But that is only of temporary help. To be rid of one disease does not mean that a person will not have another one. To experience a demonstration of supply does not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tature of Spiritual Manhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 12, The Power & Dominion
- ~ 12 ~ THE POWER AND DOMINION THERE ARE TWO WORLDS: there is the world of the man of earth, who is not under the law of God; and then there is the world of the son of God, the world of the spiritual universe in which life is lived not by taking thought, but by divine Grace. While we already know about this outer world, we do not yet know enough about the life by Grace. God gave us dominion over everything there is between the skies and the bottom of the sea. But bit by bit, we have surrendered our dominion and become prodigal sons. We have turned our back on the kingdom of God and lived in a material sense of world made up of human beings, groveling at the feet of some unknown God, praying for crumbs, when all the time the true God in the midst of us made us heirs of the entire kingdom. In the recognition of our divine sonship, we must once again accept our dominion, and this means that we create our own world. The world does not create conditions for us; people do not create conditions for us. We are not the victims of politics, of war or dictators, of circumstances or conditions; we are not the victims of sin or disease: we are the victims of what we, ourselves, have created. Never again must we give dominion to man or circumstances, but henceforth, we must live under the laws revealed to us by the Master Christian. LIFE MORE ABUNDANT "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 1 The word "I" used in that statement does not mean Jesus. It does not mean your teacher or practitioner. This I is your very Self, the savior and redeemer at the center of your being, and therefore, you dare not go to God even for supply because you already have I, the Spirit of God, in the midst of you. "I am the resurrection." 2 This truth would be of no avail to you if it applied only to Jesus. The truth is that the power of resurrection-the resurrection of your body, of your health, your wealth, your marriage, your home, or your family-is within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, The Power & Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 2, The Nature Of Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT IN MAN'S EARLY EXPERIENCE ON THIS EARTH, all his activities were on the physical level of life: farming, road building, fighting, fishing, and hunting; and he was living purely on the physical and emotional level. Gradually, however, the world groped toward an understanding of the mind and eventually discovered its potentialities, and along with the discovery and development of the mental realm, access to the cosmic realm was also found. That is why during the less than one hundred years just past such great strides have been made in invention, science, discovery, and knowledge. These discoveries in science and the new forms of art, literature, and music have come forth from the cosmic storehouse, and, as access is gained to that storehouse, the universal mind gives up its wisdom and reveals what men are seeking, whether a way to the North or South Pole, a way to fly in the air or to travel under water, or whether they are seeking new machinery for further automation. The entire nature of human living has been changed because we are no longer confined to what our ancestors knew. Now we have access to Infinity, and there is no limit to what can be achieved through our understanding of the truth that we can reach the universal storehouse of the laws of life: physical or material laws, mental laws, laws of nature, all those laws governing automobiles and airplanes, and laws governing new ways of raising crops. So we come to the age in which we will be able to live without limitation. When man recognizes that he has access to the entire cosmic realm, he will bring to light a whole new world, glimpses of which we have already seen in what has been accomplished in the last fifty years and which is only the beginning of a still greater era. THE FRUITAGE OF THE MIND, AN UNCERTAIN QUANTITY But while the world was progressing from the physical realm of life to the mental, the religious life of man remained in status quo. True, during ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure Of Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 1, Living by the Word
- Chapter One Living by the Word There comes a certain moment in the experience of every person when a touch of the Spirit breaks through into consciousness, when a ray of light penetrates, not because of him, but in spite of him. From the moment that ray touches him, the end is inevitable: he is going to find his way to the very center of his being, right to the throne of God. For some, the way is long and difficult because of the many facets of humanhood which have been built up and from which we cannot free ourselves. We do not find it easy to let go of many of the qualities which hold us back; and I am not thinking only of the evil qualities. Some of the good ones, too, are positive deterrents to our spiritual progress. As this ray of light continues to penetrate, it pushes us, it leads us, even to the point of stumbling. We have periods of gradual growth toward spiritual consciousness, and then all of a sudden we get a wallop that sets us back about ten degrees, and we have to pick ourselves up and begin all over again. That happens to everybody on this path, who, like most of us, yields reluctantly to the spiritual impulse. There are a few gifted individuals who, before this present experience on earth, have been so wonderfully prepared that their way seems to be much easier than ours. They seem to perceive spiritual light quickly, and their progress appears always to be onward and upward. In that purity of consciousness, the childlike consciousness, which many adults have brought over with them from their previous development, the ascent into spiritual consciousness is a beautiful one, gradual and harmonious, and beset with very few problems, and even those few not of their own making but having to do mostly with their families, friends, and that which they have picked up on the journey. For most people, however, the path is up and down, and usually there comes the realization at the end of a year or two, and possibly at the end of every year or two, "Well, I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Living by the Word.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 4, Christ Raised from the Tomb
- ~ 4 ~ CHRIST RAISED FROM THE TOMB The Hebrews of old foresaw the coming of the Messiah, but because they believed that the Messiah would be some kind of great king or general, someone who could lead them to victory over Caesar or perhaps even over their own Sanhedrin, a man who would turn the evil conditions of their day into good conditions, they were unable to accept the gentle Master. Instead of understanding that "My kingdom" is not of this world, they accepted the God of the Forty- seventh Psalm: O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph. For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet. From the time of the Hebrews under Pharaoh unto this very day, the same prayer has gone up, the same psalms have been sung, and the same hope expressed that God will subdue nations, remove tyrants, and overcome the armies of the aliens. Should not thousands of years of such praying have proved that God has done none of these things up to now, and that there is no likelihood of his doing them at any future date? In the Forty-sixth Psalm there is an indication that the nature of God has been misunderstood, and that that is one reason peace on earth and good will to men have not been experienced. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Come, behold the works ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Christ Raised from the Tomb.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 16, Wholeness of Spirit
- ~ 16 ~ WHOLENESS OF SPIRIT AS LONG AS WE ARE SPEAKING TODAY, not about the parts of the spirit, but about the wholeness of the spirit, I want to sum up the entire subject by bringing forth, as much as I can, the subject of "the Christ." You will remember that we have used the term "the Christ," as the Christian term for the presence of God; and the Hebrew word "Immanuel," meaning the same thing. And we also referred to the Chinese word, "Tao," meaning the same thing. So we gained a sense of universality in this subject of the spirit of God, or presence of God, or what we in the Christian world term "the Christ." It is necessary that we understand the universality of the Christ, otherwise we get back into orthodox religion in which one church is better or nearer the kingdom of God than another church, or that belonging to this group or this sect or this organization in some way entitles us to benefits of God which our less fortunate brothers do not have. Now, in our enlightened state, that is really ridiculous. As a matter of fact, it isn't even honest, although the people who teach it are sincere in believing it since they were taught it as children when they had no defense against it. You know the old saying that if you are given a child up to five years of age, the world can take over after that because you have already indoctrinated the child with whatever teaching you wanted him to have. Anything that can be taught a child still in its earlier years, can, of course, be accepted by him with all sincerity and honesty even though it is the most vicious lie. There isn't any teaching in the world more harmful or more destructive to one's own soul than the belief that the Christ knows anything about a church or a religion or a creed or a sect or any particular group. It is sinful to believe that the Christ is not available to saint and to sinner-please remember that. The most difficult thing for people to believe is that the church did not teach them correctly when it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 16, Wholeness of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 5, God, the Substance of Universal Being
- Chapter Five God, the Substance of Universal Being Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 must be ingrained in your hearts and minds as one truth never to be forgotten. Otherwise, you will have a God separate and apart from your own being, and you will be attempting to contact It, trying to be worthy of It, or praying to It. In the Infinite Way you begin your real unfoldment when you can understand not only that God is life, but that God is your individual life. Unless you understand that, you will always be meditating to get health, whereas the life which is God needs no healing. The life which is God can never age or change. One Individual Mind and Consciousness All the error, all the mistakes, all your ills come from the ancient belief that there is God and man, that there is God, eternal life, and your life. The only reason a person has mental upsets or a nervous disease is because of the universal belief that God is mind but that man has a mind separate and apart from God. The mind of God is indivisible and is a facet or instrument of the God- consciousness you are. Understanding that, your mind and mine would continuously show forth the glory of infinite intelligence. If you accept the universal, world belief that there is a God somewhere to be reached, to be prayed to, or to become at-one with, you lose your demonstration. I and the Father are one. I and the Father have been one "since before Abraham was."2 I and the Father will be one until eternity. I and the Father are one, now, always, and throughout all time. Whatever there is of treatment or prayer in our work is the realization of the truth of that I Am-ness. To forget that would be to lose the entire sense of spiritual demonstration because it would leave you in a state of having to achieve that oneness or attain it; whereas it is already the truth. Your World, an Expression of Your State of Consciousness God is the substance of which this universe is formed, but when you understand that God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ubstance of Universal Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 6, Pray Without Ceasing
- ~ 6 ~ PRAY WITHOUT CEASING EVERY HUMAN BEING is born under the law, not under Grace, but under the law of matter, the law of mind, the law of human happenstance, the law of accident, chance, and change. Parents do not know what kind of a child they may bring forth, and no one can guarantee that any newborn child will be perfect. No parents, regardless of how much love they give their child, can be certain that he will reach manhood or that he will be a person of morals and integrity. Why? Because in their hearts they believe that everything depends on chance, luck, circumstances, or conditions. Who knows when an accident will take place? Who knows when a bomb will be dropped, a call come to go to war; and death, accident, or insanity follow? Who knows? This is the story of humanhood and this is the story of the human race. Because of our spiritual sonship, however, we can make the transition from being under the law to being under the Christ. Life then is no longer lived under the law of matter or mind: life is then lived under the Christian rule of Grace. Can you understand what it would mean to go through life under a Grace that would feed, clothe, and house you, that would prevent illness and accidents, and if they occurred, immediately heal them? How would it be to go through life, knowing that you no longer needed to take thought for your life and that you were living under a Grace that could bring forth for you the heritage of heaven? Can you for a moment imagine living in the spiritual kingdom under My peace in which you would live "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit"? 1 Can you conceive of life lived with a divine Presence going before you to make straight the way and to prepare mansions for you? That is the life the Master proclaimed and taught, and the life he promised to those who follow his teachings. Such a life is possible, but how can the transition be made? From the very beginning of modern metaphysics, over a hundred years ago, there have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, Pray Without Ceasing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 4, Treatment - Its Meaning and Purpose
- ~ 4 ~ TREATMENT: ITS MEANING AND PURPOSE Good Morning. Sunday morning on Maui-one of those beautiful days Maui knows how to make! We have done an important work this week. If these tapes are properly studied they can prove to be the most important work you have undertaken in the message of the Infinite Way, but this depends on what you put into it. You won't get more out of these tapes than you put in because all these tapes have are words, and the words only take on importance as they become imbued in your consciousness and their meaning is realized. You may have to listen to these tapes many, many times before you begin to get the meaning that I put into them. That meaning is the direct result of thirty years of this work. They are important, that I'll tell you-and why? Because they deal with the subject of treatment. Why is the subject of treatment important, when it is a word that is never heard in the religious world? To understand that, you have to understand the purpose of treatment. The purpose of treatment, metaphysically understood, is the development of spiritual consciousness. Treatment isn't aimed at healing diseases or at getting supply; treatment isn't aimed at making better relationships. Treatment has one specific purpose, and that is developing spiritual consciousness. Now let me illustrate exactly how this is accomplished. In the material state of consciousness into which we were born, the greatest reality is matter and material force. That's what we fear the most and that's what we love the most. We love it most in forms of money, jewelry, property, and investments, and we fear it most in the forms of bullets, poisons, and germs. Matter in one form or another is the subject of our love, of our hate, and of our fear. In another sense, matter is something we use in the form of material force, whether it is water power or electrical power, to attain good in one way or another. But we also use material force for destructive purposes, to kill or to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t - Its Meaning and Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 138K
Find Similar Documents