Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 2, Releasing Spiritual Power
- ... The laws of God cannot function in a consciousness filled with false concepts. We must attune ourselves to the Divine. If we look at persons and see all their human differences, before long we will like some and dislike others; we are going to trust some and distrust others. We will have so many differences that our own minds will be confused. If, however, we can recognize that, regardless of appearances, Divinity is the nature of every person's being and that God made us in His own image and likeness, we are knowing the truth about all persons. Whether one is acting it out here on earth or not is none of our business; and if we are aware of any sin in another, instead of sitting in judgment, we should inwardly practice the New Testament principle: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." 18 Therefore, we will not judge: we will take the attitude: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 We are realizing that every person is a branch of the same tree, the Tree of Life. In that, there is no judgment, no criticism. There is forgiveness "seventy times seven," 20 forgiveness and a praying that their eyes be opened. This is attuning ourselves to the Divine, making ourselves receptive to divine healing, to divine Grace, to divine protection because we have wiped out our human concepts of persons and are seeing them as the image and likeness of God, seeing them spiritually as the very Christ of God. We are not using our human judgment; we are using our spiritual intuition to recognize that God made all of us in His own image and likeness and looked on us and found us good. There is nothing in us of criticism, of condemnation, of judgment; and, therefore, our consciousness is open to receive the grace of God. If we believe there are two powers, we are setting up a barrier in our own consciousness. If, however, we are realizing Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence, we are again attuning ourselves to the exercise of spiritual power, spiritual wisdom. In the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Releasing Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 1, The Atheism of Material Power
- ~ 1 ~ THE ATHEISM OF MATERIAL POWER FEAR grips humanity because fear, implanted in the mind of man, has made man forget God is the life of man and that life cannot be destroyed, not by a bomb or by the will of tyrants. Mesmeric world suggestion makes man think he has a life of his own and it can be lost. Humanly, this is true. Spiritually, under the Christ, it is not. The Master let his human life be taken, and then he proved that neither his life nor his body could be destroyed. Neither our individual life nor our body can be destroyed by human will or deed when we know the truth about life. In the London blitz during World War II, one couple agreed that because they had accepted God as their life, their safety, and their security, they would not build a bombproof shelter as had all their neighbors. Each evening when the blitz began and their neighbors went to their shelters, they volunteered for fire watch and walked up and down the streets. Not only were they not touched, but neither was their home, even though all around it there was great destruction. It did not come near their dwelling place for the simple reason that their dwelling place was not London, a house, or a bombproof shelter. Their dwelling place was God; they lived and moved and had their being in God. "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress." 1 Many persons believe that means God will send them a brick or cement fortress. It does not mean that at all. It means what it says, that it is God in whom "we live, and move, and have our being." 2 But the human race has cut itself off from that fortress of God by seeking safety and security in pieces of matter. BEING A DISCIPLE OF THE CHRIST The disciples of the Christ were imprisoned, but they walked out of prison with an angel ministering to them. 3 The disciple of the Christ, who does not believe safety, security, health, and harmony are to be found in pieces of matter, mounts the cross and rises out of the tomb. That individual, reborn of the Spirit, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Atheism of Material Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 5, Steps on the Path of Illumination
- ~ 5 ~ STEPS ON THE PATH OF ILLUMINATION The goal of our work is the attainment of some measure of spiritual consciousness: to return to the Father's house and thereby attain some degree of that spiritual light which will result in our again becoming children of God. The human race, as we know it, is not the offspring of God. It would dishonor God to believe that He could create what confronts us as human beings; it would be a travesty on God to believe that the conditions existing in this world today were created by Him. The Master's message was very clearly one of dying daily in order to be reborn of the Spirit. Paul, too, made it clear that as creatures we are not under the law of God, "neither indeed can be," but that we can become children of God, we can return to the Father's house and once again be under the law of God, the protection and care of God. The Master's entire mission was to reveal how the transition from the man of earth to that man who has his being in Christ can be made; his entire mission was to reveal the nature of spiritual revelation, spiritual realization, spiritual attainment. Most of the great religious teachings of the world have adopted as their theme the idea that the man of Adam is outside the Garden of Eden, that is, outside the kingdom of God, and that through spiritual living, practice, and prayer, he can be returned to the Kingdom and again come under the grace of God. This process is known as illumination. Those who are illumined are those who have risen above mortal or material consciousness, those who have received light and, in some cases, initiation. Gaining Freedom from Material and Mental Laws There have been brotherhoods, mystical orders, many of which operated on the principle that the initiate could be prepared by degrees for further light, taken from one stage into another and another until eventually illumination took place, resulting in a transcending of material consciousness into a measure of consciousness whereby ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on the Path of Illumination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:38- 135K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 9, The Simplicity of the Healing Truth
- Chapter Nine The Simplicity of the Healing Truth The mystical approach to spiritual healing, as practiced in the Infinite Way, cannot be accomplished by anyone until the metaphysical principles of the Infinite Way are so much a part of him that they have become like his flesh and bones. In other words, the mystical consciousness is developed through the metaphysical aspects of the Infinite Way, because in it there are consistent specific principles which develop consciousness. The Infinite Way does not teach one day that a person's wrong thinking produced his troubles and then the next day teach that his wrong thinking is not the cause. The metaphysical principles of the Infinite Way are completely consistent and are based on the truth that God is infinite consciousness and that man and the universe are this Consciousness formed and expressed. You See Your Concept of a Thing or a Person Since God is incorporeal Spirit, man and the universe are incorporeal, and just as you have never seen God with your eyes, and never will, neither have you ever seen man or this universe with your eyes. With your physical sense of sight you have never seen a tree, nor have you ever seen flowers as they are in the consciousness of God. All that you see with your eyes is a finite concept of God's creation built on the universal belief in two powers. That is why you see concepts that are sometimes bad and sometimes good, sometimes young and sometimes old, sometimes sick and sometimes well, sometimes alive and sometimes dead. But these are not creations of God. These are creations of man; they are man-made concepts. When a student looks at me, he does not see me: he sees a concept he has formed in his mind of me. On the other hand, if I should ask my neighbor to describe me, that student would not recognize me because that is not the me he has formed in his mind. If it were possible to speak to my mother, it would still be a different concept of me. None of these has ever seen the real ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...licity of the Healing Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 124K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXII, Address the World Silently with Peace
- ... How few of us realize the importance of the forgiving consciousness! Does not everyone carry with him the memory of some sin of omission or commission which, if he could, he would recall or undo? Do we not all have at least some small feeling of guilt? Are we not always hoping for our own forgiveness and trying to forgive ourselves, and often finding that very hard to do? That is why it is so necessary that each one of us develops the forgivingness side of his consciousness, so that everyone who ... What a blessing it is, when faced with a sense of guilt, to come into the presence of a person whose mind is not filled with criticism, judgment, and condemnation, but who understands, forgives and forgives, and whose gentleness is such that no thought enters his mind of any harsh nature! This is having that mind which was in Christ Jesus, and as we rise to that state of consciousness, everyone who comes within range of our consciousness feels what the world calls love. Forgiveness is an ... Silently and secretly, we shall find ourselves looking at every member of our household and rejoicing in the truth: "I know thee now who thou art. The life of God is your life; the Christ-life is your life"; and soon there will be changes in the mind and in the body of everyone around us. Now we are becoming the center from which this light is flowing, the center through which forgiveness, understanding, and truth will begin to pour. Then, as we read or learn of this mass hysteria, whether it is ... Once we can really see this, we become, not only the light unto our world, but the life unto our world. We resurrect our neighbor from the tomb of the belief that he has a life of his own and that it is in danger. We become the source of the peace that passes understanding; we become the source of forgiveness; we become the comforter, None of us was born just for the purpose of living threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty, accomplishing something for ourselves or for our families, and then ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e World Silently with Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 10, Meditation on Life by Grace
- ~ 10 ~ MEDITATION ON LIFE BY GRACE The greatest spiritual blessings that come into your experience are not brought about so much by what you know of truth as by the degree of silence you can maintain. What you know of truth, that is, of the letter of truth, acts only as a foundation for the real demonstration of spiritual living. Beyond a few simple statements of truth which every truth student must understand and realize, there is little of an intricate or difficult nature that one has to know so far as knowing truth is concerned. The difficult part comes in developing a state of consciousness which enables him to be inwardly still. Except for the realization of the true nature of prayer, which carries with it the understanding that God does not have to be appealed to or used, and the understanding that all the presence, substance, power, and law of God are where you are, silence is far more valuable than all the speech and all the teaching that can be given. That is why a person can usually do far greater work as a practitioner than as a teacher because a teacher is constantly being called upon to speak, and what he says sometimes deflects from the inward realization that God is. To be able to abide in the is-ness of God is far better than all the teaching or talking in the world. It is not what a person says that does the greater works: it is the quiet, peaceful realization. The first and very simple rule is not to reach out to God for something, to be sure that you do not believe you need a God-power, and to realize constantly that your only need is for the realization of God's grace. Aside from that, the less talking you do about what you know the better for you and for those you are helping. This is especially true for those who are teachers because it is when they are not teaching that they are living closest to their spiritual center. Then, they are not thinking and speaking through the mind, saying things that oftentimes sound foolish. Words always sound ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Meditation on Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 142K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1955, Grace
- CHAPTER TWO: FEBRUARY Grace THERE is an area of consciousness through which you are instantly one with God, and with all spiritual being and creation, and through which you find instantly available all forms of good. This has been described as a Sea of Spirit, and it is as well the universal or divine Soul. In achieving conscious contact with this Sea of Spirit (or the Father within) you find divine Love pouring Itself into expression, so that you no longer live by personal effort alone, but by Grace. Rather than to seek your good from persons or things, tap this universal Soul and become a beholder as It pours forth as ideas, manifest as the human forms of good so necessary to your present experience. It is only as you learn to look to this Infinite Invisible that you begin to understand the nature of Grace. Instead of seeking or desiring something already existing as form or effect, learn to turn within and let your good unfold from this divine Source, the Infinite Unseen. Let the practitioner and teacher seek activity from this inner source. Let the business and professional man look to the divine within. Let the sick and the sinner seek healing and perfection from within. Be ever alert, expectant of Consciousness unfolding as new and richer and lovelier forms of good, and you will experience the abundance of life-by Grace. To understand that your Soul is the eternal storehouse of all good is permitting the activity of the Christ to function in your experience through Grace. What is "the Father"? The Father is universal Consciousness; the Substance of all form; divine Mind acting as your mind and manifesting as limitless ideas; immortal Life appearing as the harmonies of individual life. Seek everything in life from the kingdom within. Draw your good from the infinity of your own being. Touch that center, the kingdom within, and let the Father reveal your heritage. This is to live by Grace. Grace is the gift of God. The Children of God live by Grace: we are heirs ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icism_ February 1955, Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 13, Mysticism
- ... I personally believe that. I believe that since life is eternal, we have always lived, and inasmuch as we have always lived, we must have lived in, or out of, some particular state of consciousness, and therefore some people are very, very much further developed than others. For example, suppose you, who have reached at least a high enough state of consciousness to be reading and studying truth, were at this moment to pass on. You would not find yourself having to experience all the things you had to go through before you came to this spiritual awareness. You would very likely begin on the next plane where you are at this minute as a spiritually developed Soul-in some cases even much further ahead because often the act of transition is a freeing one. Our particular concern at this moment, however, is not to speculate as to why one person gets healed quickly and another one does not. Our particular problem is the development of some measure of Christ-consciousness-that divine universal Love, that sense of forgiveness and gratitude-the development of our consciousness to that point where we neither fear, hate, nor love error. Do not forget that the command of the Master was, "Love thy neighbor." 9 It was not only a command to love God, but to love your neighbor, to love your neighbor as yourself. Sometimes some of us become so absolute about our love for God that we forget our neighbor. But we cannot do that in this work. We want the full measure of the Christ; and therefore, we must not only love God with all our heart and with all our soul, but we must love our neighbor also; and that love must be shown forth in compassion, patience, justice, kindness, forbearance, and joy-a willingness to share all of the good that God has given us. Above all, we must give up our egotistic belief that we have personal powers as practitioners. Our healings will be in proportion as we realize that all power is given to us through God, through the Christ which strengthens us. And that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... God_ Chapter 13, Mysticism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 160K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 2, The Meaning of Living Spiritually
- ... Therefore, whatever we are seeking in life, we must stop seeking for and come into the agreement that it already exists within our own being. Then, as in the experience of the widow with the cruse of oil, the cruse never runs dry, even though in the beginning our material sense perceives that we have only a few drops.9 But the cruse of oil did not fail. A spiritual master sees what the materialist can never see, and that is the infinite unfailing source of supply once we begin to let it flow. This is true of every area of our experience. It is true of forgiveness. Let nobody expect forgiveness, because there is no God to give it to him. Forgiveness has to come from within a person's own being, and then it comes back to him. "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."10 There it is clear as a bell for everyone to see, to read, to hear. Our debts, or our sins, are forgiven in proportion as we learn to forgive. Do we need companionship? We cannot get it. There is no way under the sun to demonstrate companionship, because it ... The Master very clearly says, "I can of mine own self do nothing." So all the words and thoughts that we repeat have no effect whatsoever on the problem or on the condition. The effect is to lift us into a higher atmosphere where fear and concern disappear and we are then ready to enter that silence which is meditation. We are ready to listen for the "still small voice" to receive the inner assurance of God's grace. Then the healing takes place, harmony appears, employment is found, supply, the overcoming or the forgiveness of sin. It is not you or I as human beings who can forgive sin. It is not you or I who can ever counsel or give advice to anybody on his human problems. But we can be still and we can let the inner assurance of divine grace come, and then it will bring the advice or counsel needed, the guidance and direction. It will bring healing, harmony, and whatever form of good may be necessary at the moment. For too long, too many ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aning of Living Spiritually.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 122K
Find Similar Documents