Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 4, Flesh & Flesh
- ~ 4 ~ FLESH AND FLESH THERE are very few scriptural quotations or passages of spiritual wisdom that do not have a double meaning, the literal and the intuitive, spiritual, or mystical. Many words and statements in the Bible seem contradictory, although I doubt there is a real contradiction in the entire Bible. There may seem to be contradictions if statements are interpreted from the concept a person has of the word or even from the definition of the word the dictionary gives, but I have not come across any. Probably the most controversial word in Scripture is the word flesh, because in the Bible this word is used in two entirely different ways. Spirit, which is the original substance, is one form. It is the idea; and as it comes to us in our consciousness, it is the Word made flesh. When it becomes visible, it is the flesh that withers, the flesh we can enjoy today. But let us not hold on to the form tomorrow. Let us change our concept of being, body, or supply every day. Isaiah said, "All flesh is grass." 1 Jesus said, "The flesh profiteth nothing." 2 In the first chapter of John, it says, "And the Word was made flesh." 3 "The Word was made flesh" may be considered one of the major premises in the Master's teaching, just as it is a major premise in the teaching of The Infinite Way. The word of God within us becomes visible or tangible as expression: the Word becomes the son of God. In that sense, flesh must be taken as meaning spiritual form, activity, and reality. "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us": God became visible as man. God the Father became visible as the son, but no one will ever see that man with his eyes. That man we can behold only at the height of spiritual awareness. THE INVISIBLE WORD BECOMES TANGIBLE Spiritual healers bring out healing only in that second they behold spiritual man: the Word made flesh. Up to that moment of realization, meditation or treatment is only leading them to where the Word becomes flesh as spiritual man. A person ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 4, Flesh & Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 6, The Word & Words
- ~ 6 ~ THE WORD AND WORDS MANY persons believe what is written in Scripture and in metaphysical books is Truth, the Word. But it really is not that at all. It is merely a collection of statements about Truth. It is never Truth Itself. Truth is your consciousness of Truth; it is your awareness of Truth. That is the only Truth there is, and that is the Word. The Word is never an effect; it is cause. When the word of God comes to you, not from outside but from within yourself, then if you have a Red Sea to cross, It will open it. If you are in the desert, the desert will blossom; if you need rain, rain will fall; if you need sun, the sun will shine; if you need food, food will appear; if you need money, money will appear. These things will come about because the word of God is the substance of life, and out of this Word comes the flesh or form: your body, your business, your home, your profession, your ability, your customers, your clients, or your supply. Even though you read these words, they are not yet power insofar as you are concerned. Even if they sound reasonable to you and you can accept the message intellectually, it still is not power with you. It becomes power only when you have buried it in your consciousness and pondered it until from a depth within you the answer and an acceptance of it, which might be called a conviction or realization, comes. The statements in a book-the words, sentences, and paragraphs-represent the truth about the Truth, leading you back to the depths of your own withinness, where you make room for the Word to come forth. KNOWING THE TRUTH IN CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION If you were about to give a treatment or have a contemplative meditation, you would bring to conscious remembrance every thought and idea you could about God and spiritual creation-not about man, not about a patient, not about the disease, the sin, or the lack. There is no truth you can know about man except that of himself he is nothing. But you can know the truth about ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 6, The Word & Words.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 128K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 2, The Meaning of Living Spiritually
- ... Therefore, whatever we are seeking in life, we must stop seeking for and come into the agreement that it already exists within our own being. Then, as in the experience of the widow with the cruse of oil, the cruse never runs dry, even though in the beginning our material sense perceives that we have only a few drops.9 But the cruse of oil did not fail. A spiritual master sees what the materialist can never see, and that is the infinite unfailing source of supply once we begin to let it flow. This is true of every area of our experience. It is true of forgiveness. Let nobody expect forgiveness, because there is no God to give it to him. Forgiveness has to come from within a person's own being, and then it comes back to him. "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."10 There it is clear as a bell for everyone to see, to read, to hear. Our debts, or our sins, are forgiven in proportion as we learn to forgive. Do we need companionship? We cannot get it. There is no way under the sun to demonstrate companionship, because it ... The Master very clearly says, "I can of mine own self do nothing." So all the words and thoughts that we repeat have no effect whatsoever on the problem or on the condition. The effect is to lift us into a higher atmosphere where fear and concern disappear and we are then ready to enter that silence which is meditation. We are ready to listen for the "still small voice" to receive the inner assurance of God's grace. Then the healing takes place, harmony appears, employment is found, supply, the overcoming or the forgiveness of sin. It is not you or I as human beings who can forgive sin. It is not you or I who can ever counsel or give advice to anybody on his human problems. But we can be still and we can let the inner assurance of divine grace come, and then it will bring the advice or counsel needed, the guidance and direction. It will bring healing, harmony, and whatever form of good may be necessary at the moment. For too long, too many ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aning of Living Spiritually.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 122K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 11, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. Jeremiah 1:9, 10 That was not said to a man; that was said to a state of consciousness, a state of spiritual consciousness. That state of consciousness not only roots out, but it also plants; it destroys, but it builds. The only thing that it tears down and destroys is a false sense, a false sense of God, a false sense of the universe, a false sense of your individual being and body: What it builds up is the realization of true identity-a knowledge of the world as it really is and of all that is in the world. There are states and stages of consciousness, however, and when we are working in the human world with our human resources, with our human wisdom and physical strength, we are living in and through a material state of consciousness. The world as a whole was for the most part in a state of material consciousness until the middle of the nineteenth century when it advanced into a more mental state of consciousness. Always, there have been a few people who have to some extent known the mental realm-the artists, writers, and visionaries of all time. When the power of the mind was first brought to the attention of the world at large during the middle of the last century, the world seemed ready to advance into a mental state of consciousness, and it began to do mentally what had formerly been performed physically. In other words, healings of the body which had formerly been accomplished by means of medicines, herbs, or plasters now were being brought about by "thinking thoughts," by mental suggestion, at times even auto-suggestion. All types of healing by mental means came into being, from the out-and-out hypnotic to that which was just a mild form of suggestion or auto-suggestion. The Mystical State ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 6, Bringing Grace into Active Expression
- ... I will dwell in the Word, and let the Word dwell in me. All this must become a part of our consciousness, but in addition to that we have the obligation of adhering to the pattern given us by the Master by which we mold our lives in order to maintain the spiritual life. First of all, we must pray for forgiveness of our own sins. There is no one on this earth so righteous that he is not daily sinning against the Holy Ghost. Every time that we bear false witness against a neighbor, every time we indulge our hate, fear, jealousy, animosity, bigotry, or bias, we are sinning. Sins are not just those major offenses against society and individuals that most people have overcome before they enter the spiritual life, but sin is something that normally we do not even consider as sin. It is necessary, therefore, that we pray frequently and seriously to be forgiven those sins of omission and commission that may be soiling us and keeping us from being a transparency, those bits of darkness that accumulate and withhold the light. The second step is to engage in these periods of forgiveness for the dictators of the world, and especially for those who would personally harm us-persecute, lie, or cheat-realizing that it is but the carnal mind and that it exists only as the "arm of flesh" and is without power. Let us make sure that we are living in an atmosphere of continuous love and forgiveness, and even though we may thoughtlessly indulge at times in resentment or animosity, let us retire quickly into the silence and begin a period of self-forgiveness as well as forgiveness of all others. Life was not meant for the glorification of ourselves. We do not have the right to seek things for our self or for our personal glory. We must show forth the glory of God in service to man. We cannot live unto ourselves, or for ourselves. The wonderful things of life that are given to us-and they do come bountifully, abundantly, joyously-come not for us, but that God's grace may be witnessed and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...race into Active Expression.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 8, Special Lesson on Healing Work
- Chapter Eight Special Lesson on Healing Work Those who have not spent considerable time practicing spiritual principles will at times forget them, and thereby delay their experience of good. And what is it they will forget? They will forget that they are not to look to one another for anything, and that includes husbands and wives, parents and children. The very earliest time possible in the morning, we open ourselves to God's grace and consciously realize that we live, not by might or by power, but by the spirit. We live, not by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God; neither do we live by the favor of individuals, or the good will of individuals; nor do we live by our place or position in life. We live by the grace of God. Our Good Flows From the Center of Our Being If we are to live in the mystical consciousness, we must abide in the realization that our expectancy is always and only from the spiritual source within us. We must abide in the truth that "I have meat to eat that ye know not of," 1 and then be careful not to look to a person, a thing, an organization, or a relationship for it. When we thoroughly understand and realize this oneness, as if there were only one person in the world, God appearing as individual being, our good must flow from within us, not to us from anyone, but from us and through us. Our good may come to us through people, but there is no law that says it has to. There is no law or rule that says we must derive our income from our work. Within us must be the complete realization that our manna can fall from the sky or, if necessary, ravens can bring us food. Our supply can come through a thousand different directions. Therefore, we need not look to anyone. Of course, there must always be that sense of gratitude to those through whom it comes, but not the feeling that it comes from them: it comes through them; but it comes from the center of our being. I is infinite, and there is nothing and no one outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cial Lesson on Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXII, Address the World Silently with Peace
- ... How few of us realize the importance of the forgiving consciousness! Does not everyone carry with him the memory of some sin of omission or commission which, if he could, he would recall or undo? Do we not all have at least some small feeling of guilt? Are we not always hoping for our own forgiveness and trying to forgive ourselves, and often finding that very hard to do? That is why it is so necessary that each one of us develops the forgivingness side of his consciousness, so that everyone who ... What a blessing it is, when faced with a sense of guilt, to come into the presence of a person whose mind is not filled with criticism, judgment, and condemnation, but who understands, forgives and forgives, and whose gentleness is such that no thought enters his mind of any harsh nature! This is having that mind which was in Christ Jesus, and as we rise to that state of consciousness, everyone who comes within range of our consciousness feels what the world calls love. Forgiveness is an ... Silently and secretly, we shall find ourselves looking at every member of our household and rejoicing in the truth: "I know thee now who thou art. The life of God is your life; the Christ-life is your life"; and soon there will be changes in the mind and in the body of everyone around us. Now we are becoming the center from which this light is flowing, the center through which forgiveness, understanding, and truth will begin to pour. Then, as we read or learn of this mass hysteria, whether it is ... Once we can really see this, we become, not only the light unto our world, but the life unto our world. We resurrect our neighbor from the tomb of the belief that he has a life of his own and that it is in danger. We become the source of the peace that passes understanding; we become the source of forgiveness; we become the comforter, None of us was born just for the purpose of living threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty, accomplishing something for ourselves or for our families, and then ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e World Silently with Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 1, The Atheism of Material Power
- ~ 1 ~ THE ATHEISM OF MATERIAL POWER FEAR grips humanity because fear, implanted in the mind of man, has made man forget God is the life of man and that life cannot be destroyed, not by a bomb or by the will of tyrants. Mesmeric world suggestion makes man think he has a life of his own and it can be lost. Humanly, this is true. Spiritually, under the Christ, it is not. The Master let his human life be taken, and then he proved that neither his life nor his body could be destroyed. Neither our individual life nor our body can be destroyed by human will or deed when we know the truth about life. In the London blitz during World War II, one couple agreed that because they had accepted God as their life, their safety, and their security, they would not build a bombproof shelter as had all their neighbors. Each evening when the blitz began and their neighbors went to their shelters, they volunteered for fire watch and walked up and down the streets. Not only were they not touched, but neither was their home, even though all around it there was great destruction. It did not come near their dwelling place for the simple reason that their dwelling place was not London, a house, or a bombproof shelter. Their dwelling place was God; they lived and moved and had their being in God. "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress." 1 Many persons believe that means God will send them a brick or cement fortress. It does not mean that at all. It means what it says, that it is God in whom "we live, and move, and have our being." 2 But the human race has cut itself off from that fortress of God by seeking safety and security in pieces of matter. BEING A DISCIPLE OF THE CHRIST The disciples of the Christ were imprisoned, but they walked out of prison with an angel ministering to them. 3 The disciple of the Christ, who does not believe safety, security, health, and harmony are to be found in pieces of matter, mounts the cross and rises out of the tomb. That individual, reborn of the Spirit, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Atheism of Material Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 4, The Hidden Kingdom
- Chapter Four The Hidden Kingdom We have been erroneously taught to pray to God for things like money, automobiles, homes, companionship, marriage, or divorce, and that, under certain circumstances, God will grant our requests. We have also been taught that we can pray for peace on earth, while at the same time our armies are out fighting, using the most sophisticated and deadly weapons. When the metaphysical movement began, this type of petitionary prayer was changed into an affirmative type by which we hoped to accomplish better results. We became convinced that if we just made the right declarations, we not only could get an automobile, but we could name the particular make of car we wanted. We not only could get a home, but we could select the climate in which the home should be located. We could pray for a wife or a husband and could even pray for a divorce. All things, we were told, are possible to God, if we just used the right combination of words and thoughts. To a God of Spirit, Pray Only for Spiritual Things Certainly, this new type of prayer has not been any more successful than the old form of prayer. One element was forgotten, one! "God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." 1 We must take no thought for anything of a material nature, not for what we should eat, what we should drink, or with what we should be clothed. That includes taking no thought for money, because it is money that brings us food, clothing, and housing. When we pray, let it be "Give us this day our daily bread," 2 meaning, give us Grace for today, give us Thy substance, Thy truth, Thy word. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 3 So we must pray for that Word. The Word is incorporeal and spiritual, but somehow, when we pray for the Word, the bread comes, and the meat, the wine, the water, the clothing, and the housing. God is spirit, and if we ask anything of God-not in the name of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, The Hidden Kingdom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 13, Mysticism
- ... I personally believe that. I believe that since life is eternal, we have always lived, and inasmuch as we have always lived, we must have lived in, or out of, some particular state of consciousness, and therefore some people are very, very much further developed than others. For example, suppose you, who have reached at least a high enough state of consciousness to be reading and studying truth, were at this moment to pass on. You would not find yourself having to experience all the things you had to go through before you came to this spiritual awareness. You would very likely begin on the next plane where you are at this minute as a spiritually developed Soul-in some cases even much further ahead because often the act of transition is a freeing one. Our particular concern at this moment, however, is not to speculate as to why one person gets healed quickly and another one does not. Our particular problem is the development of some measure of Christ-consciousness-that divine universal Love, that sense of forgiveness and gratitude-the development of our consciousness to that point where we neither fear, hate, nor love error. Do not forget that the command of the Master was, "Love thy neighbor." 9 It was not only a command to love God, but to love your neighbor, to love your neighbor as yourself. Sometimes some of us become so absolute about our love for God that we forget our neighbor. But we cannot do that in this work. We want the full measure of the Christ; and therefore, we must not only love God with all our heart and with all our soul, but we must love our neighbor also; and that love must be shown forth in compassion, patience, justice, kindness, forbearance, and joy-a willingness to share all of the good that God has given us. Above all, we must give up our egotistic belief that we have personal powers as practitioners. Our healings will be in proportion as we realize that all power is given to us through God, through the Christ which strengthens us. And that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... God_ Chapter 13, Mysticism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 160K
Find Similar Documents