Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXVI, My Kingdom Is Not of This World
- CHAPTER XXVI "MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD" To live in My kingdom is to live in the circle of eternity. "This world" is the world of mankind, but My kingdom is of an entirely different nature. My kingdom is not the realm of physical health. My kingdom is not the realm of material riches. We all know what constitutes physical health, but what is the health of My kingdom? What is the health of the spiritual kingdom? What is God's state of health, and the state of health of the son of God? We know of what material supply and material wealth are constituted, but what are heavenly riches? What does it mean to be "joint-heir to all the heavenly riches"? What are the heavenly riches to which we are heir, and yet which we are not enjoying in the human scene? They cannot have anything to do with such things as money, investments, or property because "My kingdom is not of this world." On the spiritual path, therefore, there is no use in going to "My kingdom" to get something for this world. We must seek first the kingdom of God; we must learn how to pray so that in praying to a God of Spirit we are praying only for heavenly riches, spiritual health, and spiritual companionship. As long as we are trying to get material riches, physical health, or human companionship, that is what we will get, and it will sometimes be good and sometimes evil, sometimes right and sometimes wrong, because all materiality is made up of the belief in two powers-good and evil. But if we keep our consciousness aligned with spiritual reality and keep our desires in the realm of spiritual form and spiritual well-being, we shall experience the joy and the peace of spiritual oneness. To seek to know the nature of heavenly riches, of spiritual health, and of spiritual companionship is not seeking for anything of a material or human nature: it is a resting in the Grace of the spiritual kingdom. The word "Grace" cannot be translated into such things as money, houses, or families. We have to leave the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ingdom Is Not of This World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:04- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 2, Releasing Spiritual Power
- ... The laws of God cannot function in a consciousness filled with false concepts. We must attune ourselves to the Divine. If we look at persons and see all their human differences, before long we will like some and dislike others; we are going to trust some and distrust others. We will have so many differences that our own minds will be confused. If, however, we can recognize that, regardless of appearances, Divinity is the nature of every person's being and that God made us in His own image and likeness, we are knowing the truth about all persons. Whether one is acting it out here on earth or not is none of our business; and if we are aware of any sin in another, instead of sitting in judgment, we should inwardly practice the New Testament principle: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." 18 Therefore, we will not judge: we will take the attitude: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 We are realizing that every person is a branch of the same tree, the Tree of Life. In that, there is no judgment, no criticism. There is forgiveness "seventy times seven," 20 forgiveness and a praying that their eyes be opened. This is attuning ourselves to the Divine, making ourselves receptive to divine healing, to divine Grace, to divine protection because we have wiped out our human concepts of persons and are seeing them as the image and likeness of God, seeing them spiritually as the very Christ of God. We are not using our human judgment; we are using our spiritual intuition to recognize that God made all of us in His own image and likeness and looked on us and found us good. There is nothing in us of criticism, of condemnation, of judgment; and, therefore, our consciousness is open to receive the grace of God. If we believe there are two powers, we are setting up a barrier in our own consciousness. If, however, we are realizing Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence, we are again attuning ourselves to the exercise of spiritual power, spiritual wisdom. In the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Releasing Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 8, Mind Imbued with Truth
- Chapter Eight Mind Imbued with Truth All spiritual healing depends on the degree of evolved or developed spiritual consciousness that a person has attained. To the medical way of thinking, a man or woman is a physical body, and a physician may go further and acknowledge that the mind has something to do with the body. The general conclusion is that if a person has the right mental attitude along with some medicine, he is going to be made well, which is correct from a materia medica point of view. On the material and mental level of life there must be specific remedies for the discords of sense. When you present yourself to a practitioner, however, he does not examine your mind or your body. Why? He has arrived at a state of evolved and developed consciousness that enables him to see you as you really are: spiritual. And not only are you spiritual but the entire universe, including your body, is spiritual. Because of the practitioner's evolved spiritual consciousness and your making yourself one with it, you respond to that higher consciousness and are lifted above the five physical senses. The Son of God, the Christ, is raised up in you. Material sense drops away, and with it the false images of physical sense which we call disease, unhappiness, or lack. Evolved Spiritual Consciousness Discerns True Being To the evolved and developed spiritual consciousness, you are not seen as a human being made up partly of good and partly of evil, partly of mind and partly of matter. This is because the evolved spiritual consciousness is not looking at your body; it is not looking at your mind: it is communing with you; it knows you as the child of God. Wherever there is an evolved spiritual awareness, there is a discernment of your true being, your true nature, and it is for this reason that healing at the spiritual level is without effort. No suggestions are thrown at you for the purpose of convincing you or changing your state of mind. Spiritual consciousness does not take you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 8, Mind Imbued with Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 5, Resting in Oneness
- 5) Resting in Oneness It is a grave responsibility when someone comes to you for spiritual help. He is coming to be fed, spiritually fed; he expects help, and you cannot give him a stone. If, at the moment, however, you are not living out from that high consciousness which enables you to give that help, you may reach that state through the process of a contemplative meditation. This contemplative meditation should consist of every statement that you can bring to conscious remembrance that has to do with the truth that Spirit is the only power-not matter and not mind. Spirit, divine Consciousness, is the only power; invisible Cause is the only power. Dwell upon every truth that will establish in you the conviction that all power is spiritual, all power is invisible, and that there is no power in effect. The truth is that no effect is power, whether that effect appears as a person or a thing. Many persons wonder how long this meditation should be. The answer is quite simple. It should continue until you have lost all fear of the condition that has been brought to you for healing. You must continue working with these truths until you feel an inner release, a "click," an inner feeling that tells you that this appearance is only the "arm of flesh," 1 only temporal power, nothingness; and since it is not of God, it has no power. Since it is not of God, it has no life; since it is not of God, it has no continuity, no substance, no being, no externalized form. When you are able to rest in that realization in complete silence, your meditation is at an end. That does not necessarily mean that your patient is going to be instantaneously healed. True, it is possible for him to be instantaneously healed, but on the other hand his lack of receptivity may not enable him to accept a healing through one realization, two, or even a hundred. FERTILE SOIL Many factors enter into the healing that have to do, not so much with you as a practitioner, but with your patients. Sometimes they ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 5, Resting in Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 163K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 3, Spiritual Power Unveiled
- ... The protection that is necessary is not more or better bombs. I am not a pacifist and am not trying to stop anyone from manufacturing bombs. But the world will be saved by spiritual power alone, and spiritual power comes only through the consciousness of individuals. There has always been spiritual power; but until it comes through a Moses, an Elijah, a Jesus, a Paul, or anyone else who attains this understanding, it is not in evidence. Spiritual power will govern this earth through our individual consciousness in proportion to our not fearing the error and not using spiritual power against the error, just declaring within ourselves "Spiritual power." Someday we will have a body of people in this world touched by the Spirit; they will meet; and peace will be. Peace will come through the activity of the Spirit that is now abroad in the world, touching people of all lands. Those who have been touched by the Spirit are helping and can further help to awaken humanity to this touch of the Spirit by their prayers, by fulfilling acts of Grace- forgiveness, praying for the enemy-but above all, by an understanding of the nature of the Messiah. The Messiah taught, "My kingdom is not of this world." 17 "Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." 18 Most people think of God as an almighty King; they even sing hymns to the almighty King, the King that goes out before them to slay their enemies, the King that conquers lands for them. The result has been that when conquerors have gone out with armies, there has always been a minister or priest to bless them, as if God sanctioned or could bless the conquering of other peoples. Armies and navies go out to slay, and somebody can always be found to say a prayer for them. All this is based on the erroneous ancient Hebrew teaching that God is an almighty King and that His function is to see that our enemies are slain and that we are victorious. We must always be victorious, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Spiritual Power Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 1, Living the Spiritual Life
- Chapter One Living the Spiritual Life The spiritual way of life is a practical way of life, perhaps the most practical way that has ever been known. It can be lived in the midst of war, in the midst of shifting economic conditions, and in a world filled with a great deal of suffering and lack in some parts, and in others filled with too much prosperity for the good of those who are seemingly enjoying it. It has been thought by some that the spiritual life can be lived successfully only by those who are in a position to retire from active business or professional life, those who would live away from the world in the mountains or by the sea. But contrary to popular belief the spiritual life is not only most necessary but also most practical and profitable during the stresses and strains of everyday living. The spiritual life is in no way dependent upon a religious life in the church sense. It has no greater connection with the religious life than it has with business or professional life. Yet by its very nature it can be lived in the church, in the business or professional world, or in a combination of these. The Presence of God Realized Is Your Security Spiritual living has to do with man and his relationship with God. A person can have that relationship with God on a battlefield, in an airplane, or on a barren desert island. What is necessary is a person's ability to find his center in God, whether he finds it in or out of church. If he has not found God within himself, all the churches in the universe cannot save him. The spiritual life can be thought of as a person's individual experience of God. If you cannot find the kingdom of God within yourself, wherever you may be -in your home, in your automobile, or on a holiday-you will not find it in your house of worship because a church, a temple, a mosque, or a synagogue is merely a building, a place. The kingdom of God is within you, and in order to find God wherever you are you must bring the awareness of God there, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Living the Spiritual Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1957, Gratitude
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Gratitude FEW people understand the nature of gratitude. Just what is gratitude? Are human beings capable of gratitude? Actually, we should not expect gratitude from a person, and if we do expect it, we shall be disappointed because gratitude is beyond the capacity of a human being. Many people believe that money and gratitude are synonymous, but in reality, they have no relationship to each other. There are times when money can be a symbol of gratitude, but it is a mistake to tie them together because gratitude goes far beyond money. For example, if we should ask a practitioner for help for a headache and attempted to express our gratitude in a monetary form, we might well believe that a nominal payment would be a sufficient expression of gratitude; but on the other hand, if we were healed of a cancer, we might feel that even if we took our last dollar and ran into debt besides, it would be a very small token of gratitude for such a healing. In both cases, we would be wrong, because gratitude for spiritual healing has no relationship at all to what has been healed. Spiritual healing can only come through a realization of God. It can only take place when an individual has so dedicated himself to spiritual living that he becomes a transparency through which God can act; and when the Spirit of God flows through an individual, that Spirit of God can heal the headache or the cancer. There should be no difference in the degree of gratitude in either case because our gratitude should not be merely for the healing of a headache or for the healing of a cancer. No, we should be grateful because we have been privileged to be a living witness to the fact that God is as available on earth today as He was two thousand years ago. How, then, can we be more grateful for the presence of God in one case than in another? The world at large does not have access to God because it has cut itself off from contact with God. Many people believe that if they go to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ November 1957, Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 147K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 10, Let the Tares and the Wheat Grow Together
- ... Your problems exist only in the same way that the mirage exists on the desert, as a misperception of what actually is. "I will behold thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." 10 You are not told that when you awaken you will heal anybody, but that you will see Him as He is, and that is perfect, perfect now. The way to prove this and to pray in such a way as to honor God is to know that His kingdom is come on earth, as it is in heaven. His kingdom is established on earth, not will be in the future. God would not be God if He had a kingdom and kept it away from this earth now, and then was going to restore it later. God could not be God if God knew any harmony in the future tense. The only way God can be God is for His kingdom to be established where He is and when He is: now. Instantaneous Healing, the Fruitage of Nowness If you hearken well, you will also learn that in the kingdom of God there is neither time nor space. That is what makes instantaneous healing possible; that is what makes instantaneous reformation possible; that is what makes instantaneous forgiveness possible. There is no such thing as waiting in hell until your sins have been washed out; there is no such thing as waiting until you become pure; there is no such thing as waiting somewhere for something to happen, for that would take away from the instantaneity of God. That would take away from the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Anything that has to do with a future tense would degrade our sense of God, for God cannot be God except now, and this now must be infinite, this now must be the omnipresence of God, nothing less and nothing else. You honor God only in your realization of a timeless and ageless God. For this, you find authority in Scripture in such passages as "Thou art the same" 11 yesterday, today and forever. "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 12 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." 13 None of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and the Wheat Grow Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 126K
Find Similar Documents