Realization of Oneness: Chapter 2, Release Man
- 2) Release Man Freedom is the normal and natural state of the son of God. The person who has realized his spiritual nature and identity and who lives by the Spirit cannot be limited in any way. There is no way to confine spiritual being. On the other hand, a human being can never escape slavery because slavery is the natural state of the human being. A human being is destined to be in slavery throughout all his days; he can never know freedom. Therefore, the only hope a human being has is to rise out of his humanhood. The dignity of the individual demands freedom-freedom from political and religious domination, wage domination, from every form of domination, including the most enslaving of all, the domination of the body. Even those who have achieved a measure of freedom from all other forms of slavery finally must acknowledge that they are slaves of the body. They live within its confines, and the body is a hard taskmaster. The body tells us when it is healthy and when it is sick. It tells us how much walking we can do and how much running. It tells us how many hours a day we can work. We seem to have no control over the body. It has control over us: we obey its mandates and are limited by its demands. This is not natural; this is not normal; and this is not the birthright of man. This condition has been imposed upon the human race that lives in ignorance of the principles that will make it free. Freedom, however, does not come by fighting evil. It does not come by overpowering error, nor does it come by appealing to some unknown God to come down out of the sky to rescue us from our vile prisons. It does not come through warfare of any name or nature. Freedom comes through enlightenment, and that enlightenment comes through opening our consciousness to that which cannot be seen, heard, tasted, touched, or smelled, to a Power invisible, a Power that does not war with other powers, but dissolves everything that appears in the nature of an enemy-whether without our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ess_ Chapter 2, Release Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 154K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter VIII, The Mystical I
- CHAPTER VIII THE MYSTICAL I The search for God must be conducted within, but this does not mean within our body because no amount of mental or physical probing has ever revealed the kingdom of God in any person's body. Therefore, we can quickly put aside any idea of searching for it in the spinal cord, stomach, heart, or even in the brain. The Kingdom is to be found within-within us. This leads us to the questions: Who are we? What are we? Where are we? Most of us already know that we are not confined to our body, and once we know that, we have taken a tremendous leap forward on the spiritual path, because if we are convinced that we are not in the body, it should not take very long or involve overmuch reasoning to establish the truth that being out of the body and invisible, we must be incorporeal and spiritual, something other than body. So, when we seek the kingdom of God within, we are not seeking for it inside the body, not even in the mind: we are seeking within ourselves. To understand the nature of life as consciousness reveals how it is possible for the kingdom of God to be within us, within our consciousness, within that part of us which knows, but within no particular part of our body. Consciousness alone constitutes the Self. When we have realized ourselves as consciousness and can look at our body in a mirror and thank God that we are not there, thank God that we have a body, but that we are not in the body-we are invisible-we shall begin to understand the Master's great teachings which are the "open sesame" to progress on the spiritual path. "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." How can the son of that Father be other than spiritual being, spiritual entity and identity, incorporeal and invisible being? How can that son of God be seen walking the earth? The truth is that our real Self is never seen by anybody: it is completely invisible. True, our body is visible, but we are not. We are hid with the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter VIII, The Mystical I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 12, The Revelation of Spiritual Sonship
- ... You can lose anything on the outer plane-your home, business, or bank account-but if you have your contact within, with the only real Substance, eventually all losses will be turned to profit. As you practice this, it will not be long before you discover the wisdom of it. Many persons write to tell how much happier they have been since studying the Infinite Way, even though their income has not increased. Perhaps they are not aware that doctor's bills are less, expenses for amusements have decreased, and money spent for practitioners is less because they have not had to call upon them so frequently. The income may not have vastly increased, but there are many places where money is not being spent. Money now fulfills a higher purpose because they are making contact with the only real substance there is: God. Whatever spiritual inspiration you receive within, adapt it to your human experience. This inner life manifests itself above all things in human relationships and at every level of life. In your conduct and attitude toward the stranger or those closest to you, there must be the same integrity, the same tolerance, the same patience, and the same forgiveness. This does not in any sense mean that you permit yourself to be taken advantage of. Your inner wisdom would quickly remove any such conditions from you. When you lead the contemplative life, you do not live for yourself only. Even if you go off to a cave, multitudes will find you, and through you they will find freedom. When you touch God, it does not mean that you will sit on Cloud Nine. In some measure, you will be called upon for your light so that others may also be set free. As part of the Infinite Way student group, you have a responsibility. You will be called upon to share your light with others. God will not let you store up spiritual treasures for your own benefit. Of those who have much, much will be demanded, and the more treasures you lay up, the more often will you be called upon. If you set ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lation of Spiritual Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 145K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 2, Before Abraham
- CHAPTER 2 "Before Abraham" IMPERSONALIZE GOD and what do you have? You have divine Being, universally expressing Itself, universally manifesting Itself; before Abraham was, and unto the end of the world. This is what you get when you impersonalize God: you get infinite, divine Being, from the so-called beginning to the so-called ending. You also discover that there was no beginning, as there will be no ending, for life is a circle. It never began. It never ends. It Is! Before Abraham, It Is; unto the end of the world, It Is. It Is I AM! I AM! Before Abraham was, I Am! As one mystic said, "Before God was, I am"; and this is Truth. Before there was such a thing as a God concept in anyone's mind, I am. Someone else has said, "If there were not a God, man would have to make one." Do you not see that this only promotes that we might live forever in darkness, that we have to make up a God, that we have to form a concept of God, that we have to have some image or idea, in our mind, of God? God is invisible, indescribable, incorporeal, infinite, from everlasting to everlasting, and who can draw a picture of that? Who can invent a word to encompass that? The only word that has ever been shown forth that set men free is that word I! Whenever it was revealed, the veil was removed. Whenever God was personalized and finitized, or made an image in this or that religion, the veil was on again. Why could the mystic see that God is closer than breathing, nearer than hands and feet, when there is nothing closer than breathing but I myself? We are to relax, to rest, in this consciousness, the creative Principle of life, the Reality of life, the Omnipresence, Omnipotence, and Omniscience that Is within me. Closer than breathing Is the Selfhood of me. Relax in It and let It perform Its work. This also shows you why it was said, "He performeth that which is given me to do, He perfecteth that which concerneth me." There is always this He, that is within me, that we identify as not a "He" ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 2, Before Abraham.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter X, Spiritual Unfoldment-Not Human Birth or Death
- CHAPTER X SPIRITUAL UNFOLDMENT-NOT HUMAN BIRTH OR DEATH In God's creation, there was light before there was a sun. In God's creation, there was a crop before there was a seed planted. In other words, there were no material processes. That is the secret of Melchizedek: Melchizedek had neither father nor mother-no physical process was involved in his coming into being. Do you not know that that is the true life of you and of me? Do you not know that, in our true identity, we are Melchizedek, having neither mother nor father? "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." In the Adam-dream, there is incarnation after incarnation, but in our true identity, there is no process of birth or death: There is always the I: I stand back of me, and I know all that is happening to this person called "me," and to this thing called "my body." But I am not identified with it. I am here, and I was here before I was conceived in my mother's womb, and I will be here if I should ever go through the experience of passing on. I will be out here witnessing it. It will be an experience that will be happening to my body, but not to the I, just as my birth was not to the I of me. I know that I am I, and I know that I took this form, transforming it from childhood to youth, youth to manhood, young manhood to maturity; and I know that this transforming process will continue until one of these days I shall evolve out of this sense of body into whatever the true identity or form of my body may be, because there is an I, and I am that I. I stand here as a witness. I am aware of myself as a person; I am aware of my body. I am aware of you as a person; I am aware that you as a person have a body, and in most cases I am aware of your true identity, I can almost feel the reality of you which lies behind your eyes: That is you; that is where you are. This other thing out here is only the form that you have assumed in this experience for the purpose of expression. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t--Not Human Birth or Death.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter II, Release God
- CHAPTER II RELEASE GOD Only the very courageous can embark on the spiritual journey, and only those of great strength and vision can hope to continue on this Path. Nearly twenty centuries ago, the Master made it clear that the way is straight and narrow and few there be that enter. That this is true is borne out by the fact that up to the present time very few have been able to remain on the spiritual path and continue to go forward. It is not easy to surmount superstition, ignorance, and fear, and, despite prejudice and previous failures, to set forth in search of new horizons. We cannot adopt new ideas while still clinging to the outworn beliefs of the past: we must be willing to relinquish our old concepts. That is where the courage comes in, and the daring. It takes courage to leave behind that which has proved to be unsatisfactory in our experience. It takes courage to look at ourselves objectively and ask: Have I sincerely worshiped God? Have I in some measure lived up to my convictions about God? When we turn to the search for God, we should be bold enough to ask ourselves: Am I satisfied with such answers to prayers as have been given to the world? Do I believe that such truth as has been revealed is all the truth there is, or am I seeking for something yet unknown except to those few mystics who have experienced the truth, tried to impart their knowledge, failed, and gone on their way? Man's heritage is spiritual freedom, and if the revelation of Jesus Christ has taught us nothing else, it is that we are entitled to live in the full freedom of the Spirit as children of God, not as prisoners of the mind and body. Freedom is not a condition of mind or of body: freedom is a condition of the Soul. If we do not find our freedom in Soul, we will find only limitation and bondage in our experience. Freedom cannot be given to a nation or to a race of people: freedom must first be realized in individual being, and then some measure of that freedom can be shared with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ty_ Chapter II, Release God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 135K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 6, Bringing Grace into Active Expression
- ... I will dwell in the Word, and let the Word dwell in me. All this must become a part of our consciousness, but in addition to that we have the obligation of adhering to the pattern given us by the Master by which we mold our lives in order to maintain the spiritual life. First of all, we must pray for forgiveness of our own sins. There is no one on this earth so righteous that he is not daily sinning against the Holy Ghost. Every time that we bear false witness against a neighbor, every time we indulge our hate, fear, jealousy, animosity, bigotry, or bias, we are sinning. Sins are not just those major offenses against society and individuals that most people have overcome before they enter the spiritual life, but sin is something that normally we do not even consider as sin. It is necessary, therefore, that we pray frequently and seriously to be forgiven those sins of omission and commission that may be soiling us and keeping us from being a transparency, those bits of darkness that accumulate and withhold the light. The second step is to engage in these periods of forgiveness for the dictators of the world, and especially for those who would personally harm us-persecute, lie, or cheat-realizing that it is but the carnal mind and that it exists only as the "arm of flesh" and is without power. Let us make sure that we are living in an atmosphere of continuous love and forgiveness, and even though we may thoughtlessly indulge at times in resentment or animosity, let us retire quickly into the silence and begin a period of self-forgiveness as well as forgiveness of all others. Life was not meant for the glorification of ourselves. We do not have the right to seek things for our self or for our personal glory. We must show forth the glory of God in service to man. We cannot live unto ourselves, or for ourselves. The wonderful things of life that are given to us-and they do come bountifully, abundantly, joyously-come not for us, but that God's grace may be witnessed and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...race into Active Expression.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 1, The Atheism of Material Power
- ~ 1 ~ THE ATHEISM OF MATERIAL POWER FEAR grips humanity because fear, implanted in the mind of man, has made man forget God is the life of man and that life cannot be destroyed, not by a bomb or by the will of tyrants. Mesmeric world suggestion makes man think he has a life of his own and it can be lost. Humanly, this is true. Spiritually, under the Christ, it is not. The Master let his human life be taken, and then he proved that neither his life nor his body could be destroyed. Neither our individual life nor our body can be destroyed by human will or deed when we know the truth about life. In the London blitz during World War II, one couple agreed that because they had accepted God as their life, their safety, and their security, they would not build a bombproof shelter as had all their neighbors. Each evening when the blitz began and their neighbors went to their shelters, they volunteered for fire watch and walked up and down the streets. Not only were they not touched, but neither was their home, even though all around it there was great destruction. It did not come near their dwelling place for the simple reason that their dwelling place was not London, a house, or a bombproof shelter. Their dwelling place was God; they lived and moved and had their being in God. "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress." 1 Many persons believe that means God will send them a brick or cement fortress. It does not mean that at all. It means what it says, that it is God in whom "we live, and move, and have our being." 2 But the human race has cut itself off from that fortress of God by seeking safety and security in pieces of matter. BEING A DISCIPLE OF THE CHRIST The disciples of the Christ were imprisoned, but they walked out of prison with an angel ministering to them. 3 The disciple of the Christ, who does not believe safety, security, health, and harmony are to be found in pieces of matter, mounts the cross and rises out of the tomb. That individual, reborn of the Spirit, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Atheism of Material Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 5, Our Real Identity
- ~ 5 ~ OUR REAL IDENTITY TODAY, with all the conflict, warfare, and turmoil, it appears the world is bent on destroying itself. In this overturning, people of themselves have no strength, intelligence, or love. "For by strength shall no man prevail." 1 This destruction or crucifixion going on throughout the world is really the crucifixion of the belief in personal power, personal will, and the sense of an identity separate and apart from the One. That is all that is being crucified. Anyone holding on to the belief that he has a personal life to save or lose, a personal fortune to protect, or a personal will and dominion may be crucified because those beliefs must be rooted out in order for God's glory to fill the earth and for man to stand forth in the fullness of Christhood. What can I desire besides Thee? If I had all the earth and Thee, I would have no more than if I just had Thee. But if I had all the earth and had not Thee, then I would have nothing except a void still waiting to be filled. I realize the uselessness of desiring, wishing, and hoping because in the stillness I know Thou art with me. Thou art the light of my being. Never can I feel God's presence until I am in the silence. But after I have attained a stillness and silence, I can carry it out into the world for a few hours, when again I must retire for renewal of the assurance. It is not that God is not omnipresent; but in the turmoil of the world and the activity of the human mind, I am apt to develop a sense of separation, a feeling of being apart. So I come back into this silence for a moment to reassure myself and feel that divine Presence. THE INVISIBILITY OF SPIRITUAL IDENTITY This life I am experiencing is not my life but God's life: infinite, eternal, and immortal. This body that is my vehicle of expression is God's body. If it were mine, it would be separate and apart from God; and how would I preserve it? But this is not my body; it is the body of God in one of Its infinite forms and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, Our Real Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 135K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents