A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XI, The Nature of Spiritual Power
- CHAPTER XI THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL POWER The development of spiritual consciousness is possible when we learn that there is only one power. If we can rise in spiritual vision to the apprehension of the one truth that God is, that God is infinite and omnipotent, and therefore nothing else or nobody else is power, that is enough. This is spiritual discernment. To the world, there are great powers and little powers, but he who is anchored in spiritual consciousness knows that no weapon that is formed against him shall prosper. If we accepted that literally, we would believe that there is a deadly weapon that could prosper except that God in some way is going to save us from it. To the uninitiated, that passage would indicate, "I have an enemy who has a deadly atomic bomb, and I know what it can do to me, but fortunately God says that no weapon that is formed against me shall prosper, and therefore I am now immune, and this deadly weapon can no longer harm me." But the weapon does do harm when it is let loose in the world. And this is because people do not understand the real meaning of no weapon having power over them. The truth is that no deadly weapon has power because Life is God; and God has never made anything to destroy His own immortality and eternality. God is our life: we are eternal and immortal. If we look out at this life through our mind, we are subject to every manner of deadly weapon: germs, bullets, bombs, and so many other things we need not rehearse them. Even an automobile on the road can be a very deadly weapon, and, above all, the calendar is so deadly that all we have to do is to keep looking at it for threescore years and ten, and then any day we are due for extinction. But the deadliest weapon of all is the mind of man that believes in two powers, and therefore accepts a mind of its own in which evil is a power. Neither bullet-proof vests nor bomb-proof shelters can save us from that weapon. Only in the understanding that we are life eternal, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Nature of Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1955, The Comforter
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Comforter "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (I Cor. 3:16.) THE time is approaching when the world will be so filled with the conscious realization of the Presence of God that all evil or error will be dispelled by the very presence of man. The great secret of life is this: God is incarnated in man. God is manifest as man. God is in the midst of you-". . . the place where thou standest is holy ground." There is just as much of God in you, right where you are, as there would be if the heavens could open and God Itself come into you. If this were not true Jesus could not have healed, neither could the disciples nor the apostles, nor the metaphysical and spiritual practitioners of this day. You are divine, because the Spirit of God is manifest as your very being. God has embodied Itself as your Soul, Mind and Spirit. God, in Its essence, is invisible, God, in Its expression, is visible as you and as me. In the days of old the Hebrews thought the Messiah was a man, but the One whom they thought was the Messiah said, "Before Abraham was, I am." Messiah is the Spirit of God in man, and the Hebrews who prophesied the coming of the Messiah were absolutely correct, except that they put it in time and space. The Messiah does not come in time and space: It comes in consciousness. The Christ, or Messiah, is born when you recognize the Presence of the Spirit of God in you. Never is this external: always it is within you, but the effect is external. Love goes before you and is felt by all whom you touch. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you . . . I will send him unto you." The Comforter is your divine state of consciousness; that area of your consciousness which is the Christ, the Spirit of Truth the Savior, the Messiah. All of this is within you, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ May 1955, The Comforter.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 8, Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding
- Chapter Eight Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding The Infinite Way is a revelation of specific principles, each of which is startling, radical, and so contrary to what has been accepted for centuries that there is little wonder that many do not understand the importance of them, and therefore the fruitage is not forthcoming. So the question must naturally arise: Do I understand the principles of the Infinite Way, and am I practicing them? With the understanding and practice of them will come the realization that is necessary before the student on this path can experience the fulfillment inherent in the principles. Surrendering Concepts Whatever good is to appear in your outer experience must first be experienced within. There can be no change in the outer experience without an inner spiritual experience. There could be some healings of a mental, moral, physical, or financial nature due to the consciousness of a teacher, but that would not really be your demonstration. A teacher is only a help on the way. The real demonstration comes with your own experience, and in the beginning that experience can be difficult, sometimes even painful, because it means the surrender of many preconceived beliefs, opinions, and theories. Conditioned as you and I have been for so many centuries it is not easy to give up our cherished beliefs and to strip ourselves of them. Therein lies the difficulty. Students can accept the new, but they cannot surrender the old; and thereby they set up a warfare within themselves, the warfare between the flesh and the Spirit, which really means a warfare between truth and ignorance. Ignorance is the barrier to the spiritual life, and what a person has accepted in mind, in thought, or in belief constitutes the barrier. So before anything else, the light of truth must have the opportunity of dispelling the darkness, the ignorance that he has held in mind. Seeking Spiritual Fruitage One of the most difficult places in your spiritual journey is to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage through Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 124K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 4, God Formed Man for His Glory
- Chapter Four God Formed Man for His Glory But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. I Corinthians 2:14 If a spiritual message such as the Infinite Way sounds like foolishness to you, it is because you are seeing and hearing as a human being and can be counted among those of whom Jesus spoke, "Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not?"1 If, on the other hand, this message makes sense to you, it is because your human sense of life is becoming fainter and your spiritual discernment is being awakened and aroused to perceive it. In a colloquy with his disciples the Master asked: Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. . . . But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 16:13-17 It was as if Jesus had said to the disciples: "The mind did not tell you that; your eyes did not see it; your ears did not hear it: the Father within you, your spiritual sense, revealed it to you." So it is with a spiritual message. You will never learn a spiritual message merely through the physical senses, not by seeing or by hearing. You will learn a spiritual message when your heavenly Father, that is, your spiritual consciousness, is awake and reveals to you that this is truth, this is the Christ, this is reality. Then are you able to accept it, receive it, respond to it, and demonstrate it. Thought Is Not Power Some persons have accepted the belief that their human mind is God and that by thinking good thoughts they will come true. There are some who believe that if you send them a good thought it will benefit them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...od Formed Man for His Glory.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1958, Security Through God-Realization
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE Security Through God-Realization STUDENTS of The Infinite Way often ask if there is any specific daily prayer, treatment, or protective work in which they should engage. If they will remember that nothing takes place except as the activity of consciousness, they will understand the importance of a daily, specific practice which may be termed "knowing the truth." Unless students consciously know the truth, that is, the correct letter of truth, they will never attain the spirit or consciousness of truth. The Infinite Way is an absolute principle, but The Infinite Way does not close its eyes to the discords and errors of this world. It looks fearlessly at error and realizes that it comes from its father, the devil-hypnotism, illusion, nothingness. One of the most important subjects in our entire work is understanding the nature of error-not looking to find some physical, emotional, or mental cause for disease, but knowing the nature of error, that is, the understanding of what lies behind error. Never for a moment believe that you can arrive at a state where you can ignore error. You must learn to face the situation which confronts you and, in facing it, realize the nature, not only of the specific error with which you are dealing, but the nature of all error, which is nothing more nor less than that ancient knowledge of the tree of good and evil. To the person of spiritual perception, good and evil do not exist as powers in the world-not in men or in conditions. Begin to sit down quietly each day until you can bring yourself to a realization that there is now no condemnation to anything in this world. Through this process of meditation, cogitation, and contemplation, eventually you will come to see that God is all, and this will be not merely a statement but a realization: "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 1 Whether you are faced with sin, disease, poverty, lack, or limitation, whether you are faced with an overwhelming ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ity Through God-Realization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:04- 147K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 9, Meditation on Nonpower
- Chapter Nine Meditation on Nonpower The normal, natural thing for human beings to do is to think of the way in which they would like good to unfold, but this often proves to be a barrier to receiving their good. Whenever possible, a person must stop thinking in terms of some form of good and return to the idea of omnipresence. One way in which it is possible to turn away from seeking forms of good is to close your eyes and notice that there is a black void in front of you, an emptiness. Begin to realize that right there in that black emptiness is the presence of God. I am looking into this immense space which is filled with God. The kingdom of God is within me, and I am opening out a way for the glory of that kingdom to escape. But the space which you see with your eyes closed may not always be a black space. Sometimes it is a bright light; sometimes colors come into it. It really makes no difference, however, whether it is a white light, a rainbow of colors, or a deep black. You are looking into it with closed eyes and realizing that it is the infinity of God within you and without, filling all space. The infinity of my good is here within. The infinite substance, law, life, and activity of my good are here where I am. Out of this silent Infinite Invisible, my good appears each day, each hour of each day, in whatever form may be necessary. I do not know what my good should be an hour from now. I do not know where it should take place; I do not know what form my good should assume; but I do know that right here where I am, right here in this great silence in which I am, my good is. Just as the Spirit is working silently all night to bring daylight in the morning, just as this great Silence is working invisibly to bring forth leaves and buds and blossoms on the trees, so this Light, Life, or Presence is working silently to bring forth my good. I am contemplating God in the midst of me, keeping my mind stayed on God, on this all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 9, Meditation on Nonpower.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 8, Infinite Way Protective Work
- Chapter Eight Infinite Way Protective Work Until this past century the knowledge of the source, cause, and nature of evil and how to free oneself from it was not available to seekers. Heretofore the church had encouraged its people to pray to God to keep them safe while driving on the road or traveling in the air. Such prayers have not been effective, nor have prayers to God for the safety of their children at the front in wartime while they were being shot at or shooting at others. This failure to receive answers to prayers is due to the fact that religious teachings have not understood the nature or the cause of error and the protective work necessary to free oneself from it, all of which is incorporated in the message of the Infinite Way. There is no use in praying to God to give or to perpetuate our health, our wealth, our safety, or our security. There have been too many good people as well as bad people, religious people as well as irreligious people who have discovered that praying to God for their health does not give it to them unless they find the right doctor and can afford his services. The Three O's Are the Assurance of Safety When we discover and understand the meaning of omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence, we will have found the secret of safety and security. Because of omnipresence, can we ever be outside the presence of God? If we go up to heaven, He is there; if we go down to hell, He is there; and if we "walk through the valley of the shadow of death,"1 He is there. We are never outside the presence of God. The God that is omnipresent is also omniscient, all-knowing and all- wisdom, and knows our need before we do, making it unnecessary for us to pray for anything. Here where we are-up in an airplane, down in a submarine, or on the battle front-here where we are is omnipresence, and the nature of omnipresence is omniscience, all-knowing and all-wisdom. Omnipresence which is all-wisdom is omnipotent and all-power, so where we are there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nfinite Way Protective Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Six, Dominion Over Mind, Body, and Purse
- CHAPTER SIX DOMINION OVER MIND, BODY, AND PURSE A thorough understanding and practice of the subject of treatment is one way of rising into the true atmosphere of prayer and God-consciousness. Treatment means consciously knowing the truth and applying the principles of truth through the instrument of the mind, and the first step is to establish yourself in your true identity as I, that I which has dominion over mind and body. Until you do that, you cannot give or receive a correct treatment. You were given both a mind and a body. The mind is not you, nor is the body: I am you, the I which is your true identity. Your mind and your body are something that you possess. The mind is the instrument which you use for thinking or reasoning purposes or for any purpose of awareness, and it is through your mind that you are able to judge and make decisions. The body is also an instrument, a physical instrument, which takes its orders from you through the mind. You say to your hand, "Up," and the mind communicates that to the hand; the hand obeys the mind which in its turn obeys you, indicating that you must have control over both mind and body. The mind and the body were given to you, and dominion over both of them was also given to you. If, however, you do not exercise that God-given dominion, you soon find yourself in all kinds of trouble. When you sit down in meditation, the mind usually is far from still, not because it has a wish or will of its own, but because you have not assumed dominion, and the mind is conditioned to becoming a prey to any and every universal belief floating about in the atmosphere. It is much like the horses that I have ridden. They do not acknowledge my control a bit. Instead, they take me where they want to go, but that is only because I do not know how to assume dominion over a horse-and so he has his fun with me. So it is true that the mind also has its fun with us, but only because we have not learned how to exercise dominion over it. In some ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Over Mind, Body, and Purse.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 2, Spiritual Discernment of the Bible
- Chapter Two Spiritual Discernment of the Bible The Bible, which is given to us as the word of spiritual wisdom, as revelations concerning the kingdom of God, must be spiritually discerned, but today even twenty centuries after the time of the Master, some religionists are still trying to interpret this hidden word of the kingdom literally, and, of course, are failing. There is a spiritual kingdom. There is also the son of God who spiritually discerns the nature of this kingdom, the things of God, the laws of God, and who knows how to live a God-centered life. This kingdom can never be entered with the human mind or human body. It must be spiritually discerned. If the kingdom of God were attained, if the things of God were understood, and if God were known aright, there would be none of the evils so evident on every hand: none of the sins, none of man's inhumanity to man, none of the diseases. All this would be wiped out in the understanding of God, because the understanding of God would leave no trace of sin or disease. Letting Go of the Man of Earth The statement, "My kingdom is not of this world," 1 sets forth very clearly that there is a difference between "My kingdom" and "this world." Later, Paul revealed that there are two men: There is the son of God, and there is "the natural man [who] receiveth not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 2 "The natural man" does not have the ability to discern spiritually. And so it is that we are living partly in the world of sense, "this world," and partly in the kingdom of God, but certainly those of us who are on the path are striving to "die" to our humanhood, to "the creature," 3 to "the natural man," in order that we may be reborn spiritually as children of God with spiritual discernment. To all sincere seekers, the question arises: Is there a way for us to drop the man of earth? Can we "die" to it? Can we be reborn of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...al Discernment of the Bible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 124K
Find Similar Documents