A Message for the Ages: Chapter 5, Infinite Way Pearls
- Chapter Five Infinite Way Pearls Several major contributions have been made to the world through the Infinite Way. One of these does away with belief, faith, and hope in God as a word in the mind or as existing some place remote from us, and reveals instead that the illumined consciousness of an individual is God. When a person has the mind that was in Christ Jesus, he has the God-mind. When he does not have the mind that was in Christ Jesus, in reality he has no God, for there is no God separate and apart from the illumined consciousness of an individual. The unillumined consciousness is not God, but the illumined consciousness is. Is there any principle in the Infinite Way greater than the truth that God is individual consciousness, your consciousness and mine? This is the top secret because to my knowledge it is the first time it has been revealed. Everyone has a consciousness; therefore, everyone has God; but there are two states of consciousness: the illumined consciousness and the unillumined consciousness. Your consciousness and mine are either unillumined or illumined. It may not be wholly unillumined and it may not be wholly illumined, but it is at some stage in between. If the unillumined have a God at all, it is a God separate and apart from their own being. It may be something as paganistic as a man on a cross or a man who walked the streets of Galilee. But if a person has a man for a God, either the man of Galilee or an old gentleman up in the sky with a great big book, marking down a person's good days and his bad days, he is totally unillumined. The closer a person comes to the realization that the kingdom of God is within him, the more quickly he will go from the unillumined to the illumined, until he finally reaches the realization: God constitutes my individual consciousness; therefore, my consciousness is imbued with the quantities and qualities of God- not just a little bit but the fullness of God. The highest illumination involves an awareness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Infinite Way Pearls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 2, God Must Be an Experience, Not a Concept
- Chapter Two God Must Be an Experience, Not a Concept It is evident that whatever people have leaned or depended upon, whether material or mental, has not met their needs, and now the desperateness of the world situation is turning their attention to God. Many may seek in wrong directions, but in the end this will be of no major importance since it is not so much the way a person goes that counts, but the motive that impels him. Regardless of what path he chooses, be it ever so false, it will lead him to the kingdom of God if the motive behind his search is a true motive. If the motive that governs his life is a deep desire for truth or for God, he will find himself illumined and actually receiving the gift of the Christ Itself. In this age, however, students devote far too much attention to the demonstration of the joys and successes that are to come with illumination than they do to the illumination itself. Most truth-students are seeking the demonstration of forms of good, rather than the unfoldment of good. It is natural, normal, and right that we come into the realization and demonstration of spiritual harmony. But what determines the degree of our success is whether our motive is to leave our "nets"1 or to have our nets filled with fish. Every person can easily determine the integrity of his motive for himself. The continuous desire to increase the human sense of supply, the human sense of health, or the human sense of success is really an attempt to fill our nets with more fish, larger fish, or tastier fish; whereas the spiritual motive is to leave our nets and find the meaning of "My kingdom." Beyond Words to the Word There is a deep spiritual significance in the word My: "My kingdom is not of this world.2. . . My peace I give unto you.3. . My word. . . shall not return unto me void.4. . My thoughts are not your thoughts."5 My word, the word of power, is not your word or my word: it is nothing that you or I think, nothing that we have heard from another. My ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...n Experience, Not a Concept.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 123K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XIV, And They Shall All Be Taught of God
- CHAPTER XIV "AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD" All work on the spiritual path is directed toward the development of a consciousness higher than that of the intellect or human mind. In the beginning, when there was no awareness of good or of evil, man lived out from the divine Consciousness, but after what is known as the Fall of Man, he took unto himself a consciousness of his own. He no longer had an awareness of the Father- consciousness: he now had a mortal consciousness, a consciousness of death, as does everyone who is under the universal belief in two powers. The purpose of work on the spiritual path is to bring about the return to this divine state of consciousness. In some cases, the impartation of that mind which was in Christ Jesus takes place in an individual when, through some act of Grace within himself, the Master -I am not speaking now of a man: I am speaking of the Master, the divine Consciousness-touches an individual and operates in him without the help of a teacher or without the help of a teaching. Paul, who received his illumination thirty years after the Crucifixion, had no personal teacher to help bring about the spiritual transformation which took place in him. His religious teacher, Gamaliel, was a scholar with a thorough knowledge of Hebrew theology, but probably with little spiritual awareness, and spiritual power seems to have been completely absent from him. So, this Saul of Tarsus, who had been out on the mission of persecuting and helping to kill Christians, this Saul, one of the most highly educated and trained of religious scholars, but apparently without a trace of the spiritual, received his illumination from within himself without the help of a teacher or of a teaching on the outer plane. Paul may have received his teaching and illumination directly from the Spirit of the Christ Itself, but it may well be that because of his identification with the Judaic movement in the days of the Messiah, he attributed his illumination to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Shall All Be Taught of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 133K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XX, The Meaning of Initiation
- CHAPTER XX THE MEANING OF INITIATION Initiation is an act of Grace bestowed on individuals at a certain time in their unfoldment, lifting them into the master-state of consciousness. There is far less opportunity for a student to attain initiation in the Western World than in the Eastern because in the West we are brought up from childhood with the idea of equality. We are taught that we are all equal, and therefore we do not have the correct understanding of the role of a spiritual teacher, or what spiritual consciousness is. We do not realize that while we may have political and economic equality, we are far from being equal in spiritual development. We of the Western World do not lend ourselves to becoming students of a spiritual teaching. Oh yes, we are very eager in the first year or so to jump up from the status of a beginner into being at least a master, and then going on from there. Attaining the spiritual life, however, does not come so quickly: it is a life of continuous dedication to that which is greater than we are. Personally, I do not believe that a student can consciously prepare for initiation, nor have I ever seen anyone who had initiation as his goal achieve it. Rather the goal must always be the attainment of that mind that was in Christ Jesus without any thought of receiving initiation or experiencing the effects of initiation. As the student takes his first steps on the Path leading to illumination, he learns to meditate on the indwelling Spirit. Initiation carries him from one step to another into the awareness of the Presence, on and on and on, purifying him to the extent that he no longer wants God to destroy his enemies, but is willing always to forgive and love them because he knows that it is only through their ignorance that evil is being expressed. He is purified to such a degree that he no longer wishes to gain his ends by any personal sense of might or power. In way after way his life becomes so purified that it is lived in dedication ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Meaning of Initiation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 139K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 2, Rising into Spiritual Consciousness
- CHAPTER 2 RISING INTO SPIRITUAL CONSCIOUSNESS In our work we do not ask for loyal followers. Certainly I do not want any personal followers, and I am sure that those who get anywhere in this work will never want personal followers. Our only desire must be to share with others whatever God-given Grace we have so that they can find God too. But no one will ever find God by merely following a particular teaching and obeying its rules and regulations. You find God through the study of the letter of Truth combined with meditation, prayer, and a very humble desire to know God, "whom to know aright is life eternal." There have been Catholic mystics, Protestant mystics, Christian Science mystics, Unity mystics, and New Thought mystics who knew God aright. In any one of their teachings, there is enough Truth and light to lead you to the Kingdom of God although there are many errors in them. It makes no difference whether you are an Infinite Way student, a Christian Scientist, or some other. You will achieve results even if you are following a teaching that is not entirely correct in its statements of Truth as long as you are not merely concerned about glorifying the teaching. Any teaching must be considered only as an aid in your search for the light of revelation. Do not follow a teaching just to be thought of as some kind of loyal follower of the teaching or of the teacher. All you have to be concerned with is knowing God aright and with your relationship with God, and staying with it through the trials and tribulations until it brings you to the spiritual experience of knowing God. When that experience takes place, you will lose all anxiety and fear for yourself. Fear and responsibility will drop away. Your supply will begin to flow without your taking thought for your life. You will no longer have to support yourself by physical or mental means. You will know that you are the same infinite spiritual being that you now are no matter whether you are sick or well, or dead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nto Spiritual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1959, Prayer And Treatment Through The Spirit
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Prayer and Treatment Through the Spirit PROBABLY one of the greatest differences between the message of The Infinite Way and most other religious teachings, whether orthodox or metaphysical, is that in The Infinite Way no power is given to any word that is spoken or thought. No confidence is placed in mere statements of truth, wordy prayers, affirmations, or denials, unless these are uttered out of a realized spiritual consciousness. No treatment or prayer can rise any higher than the consciousness from which it emanates. None of the truth read in books and none of the statements of truth made to a person-none of this is spiritual power unless it flows out of an attained spiritual consciousness, that is, unless the person making the statement is in the Spirit when he voices truth, writes, thinks, declares it, or prays. Unless he is in the Spirit, his prayer or his treatment will rise no higher than the level of his own mind. If you pray or treat with your three-dimensional human consciousness, some measure of human demonstration or human improvement can be expected, but the amount of that fruitage will only be in proportion to your human faith, or belief, or to your powers of mental concentration. It is somewhat like the fifteen people who are healed every year out of the hundred thousand or so who make pilgrimages to Lourdes. Those fifteen people are healed because of the intensity of their own faith and emotion, and their healing has nothing to do with God. Much metaphysical healing work is accomplished by the faith and emotion of the practitioner, as well as by that of the patient. Sometimes patients bring with them a great deal of hope and confidence when they turn to a practitioner for help -hope, faith, and confidence in God, in the practitioner, or sometimes in a particular approach to truth. But real spiritual demonstration-actual spiritual healing-is largely dependent upon the ability of the individual who is the practitioner to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...reatment Through The Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 144K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1958, Spiritual Unfoldment Through The Study of The Infinite Way
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Study of the Infinite Way UNLESS spiritual teaching uses the letter of truth as a foundation upon which to build, it frequently results in a blind faith in some kind of a power outside of ourselves, a power that we expect and hope will do something for us. An understanding of spiritual principles is gained, first, by learning the letter of truth and, then, by applying it to the everyday problems of human existence-to our human relationships and to our headaches, corns, bunions, and simple colds. Eventually, we shall learn to apply these principles to the major problems of individual existence and finally come to the realization that these principles, if accepted, would operate in national and international affairs. Merely as statements, truth is of no avail, but as we live with the letter of truth and continually abide in it, one day there comes a transitional experience. The mind is no longer repeating words, but words are coming to our awareness from within. The Bible, the writings of The Infinite Way, the tape recordings, the tape recording meetings, and the class work, if properly utilized, serve a twofold purpose. First, these implant the letter of truth in the mind and then they become the instruments by which truth becomes conscious awareness, a feeling in the heart. In the early stages of the development of spiritual consciousness, you fill yourself with truth by reading, by listening to recordings and attending tape recording meetings, by individual study with a teacher who had gone a step beyond you, and by attendance at classes. The more inspirational literature you read, the more classes you attend, and the more recordings you hear, the more does your thought become spiritualized, and the clearer transparency for truth do you become. Regardless of what path you may be following, you will find that there are certain disciplines to be observed : there is work to be done; there are periods when it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Study of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 154K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 8, Message to Teachers on the Spiritual Path
- CHAPTER 8 MESSAGE TO TEACHERS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH The ministry of Truth tempts many to enter the path to gratify their ego in being known as a practitioner or teacher or lecturer or leader or for some other desire for personal gratification. Be sure you have received the signal within, which is your passport on the journey. The greatest temptation above all others is having one's own concept of Truth. Complete discipleship comes only when all sense of personal knowledge of Truth disappears. While we are on earth, there is never a time when we are outside the range of temptation, because temptation is subtle. It can appear as the desire for prestige, wealth, or fame, or it can appear as the temptation to wield power. Once an individual has been touched by the Spirit, people believe that is not possible for them to sin. That is not true! The Bible is filled with those who succumbed to temptation. There was Judas. There was Lot's wife. There was Peter, who denied the Master. Even Jesus was tempted three times, although He did not succumb to these temptations. The person on the spiritual path, even if he is at the beginner's level, should become conscious of the fact that a wrong done by him or her is far more serious than a wrong done by others. A wrong done under the robe of the Spirit is a crime against the Spirit. There is only one Consciousness, so once God Consciousness has become the consciousness of the teacher and the teacher violates that God Consciousness, the penalty is great. That teacher loses the God Consciousness. It is of utmost importance, therefore, that everyone on the spiritual path, but especially those who would be teachers, maintain at all times a high degree of spiritual integrity. Coming into an Awareness of Spirit Healing work cannot be done with the mind, just as God cannot be reached through the mind. If you knew all the truth in metaphysical textbooks such as Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, or Lessons in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...chers on the Spiritual Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 167K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 2, Teacher & Student
- ... It has nothing to do with today. Today our consciousness is unfolding and disclosing itself in every new way, in every new form, and always increasing abundantly. This subject of God is an infinite one. We will come back to it over and over again, because it is the next most important part of our work. Without the knowledge of God, we would have no knowledge of the effect of God, which is our universe. I want to teach on living this Christ. In the Bible we have certain laws. We have known them mostly as quotations, without taking them seriously as something to be lived. But one of the greatest laws of the Bible is the law of forgiveness, of praying for one's enemies. You may take that very seriously, because it is a proven law. The idea of forgiveness does not mean looking at a human being and remembering the terrible offense he committed against us and then forgiving him for it. There is no virtue in that. The virtue lies in the ability to see through the human to the divinity of his being, realizing that in the divinity of his being there has never been an occasion for error of any nature. It is as if he were asking us for help and we would have to behold him as he really is-a spiritual being. Without their asking for help, we are called on every day to look upon those toward whom we have any negative feeling, and develop this act of forgiveness, which means to turn to the Christ of our own being and there know that nothing but love exists. There never has been a mortal and all that appears as a mortal is the Christ itself, incorrectly seen. That ability to forgive is one of the greatest laws of the Bible. Praying for our enemies is the same idea. It does not mean we are to believe that the other fellow can shoot us first; it means the ability to understand God as the life and the mind of individual man, and to know there is no other mind but that one. Appearances have nothing to do with it at all. We are dealing with the reality of being. In Spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 2, Teacher & Student.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 6, Steps to Union with God
- Those who may not believe it in this particular age may have believed it in some previous time, but by now they have outgrown it. Individual Consciousness Is Evolving Out of Spiritual Ignorance How great must be the transition in consciousness from the state of ignorance that believed God is responsible for mankind's ills to the state of consciousness where the teaching that God is too pure to behold iniquity is accepted, that God does not hold sinners in condemnation for their sins, or punish them, but that He sent His only begotten Son to earth to teach the forgiveness of sins, the overcoming of sin, and the destruction of sin! The teaching of Jesus Christ wipes out much of the teaching of the ancient Hebrew scripture, but remember that there are people on this earth today who are still living in the spiritual darkness of ancient times. When you realize that, you will understand why it takes some persons ten ... Praying for health, praying for wealth, praying for supply, praying for home, or praying for companionship is the surest way to lose it. But when you take no thought for those things in your life and pray only for the recognition, realization, and demonstration of conscious oneness with God, you awake and find that all things have been added unto you. The most difficult part of this entire path is giving up the habit and the desire to pray for things and conditions. A person wonders what would happen if he stopped praying for supply. Far better would it be to pray for forgiveness for all the thousands of years of spiritual ignorance that have been absorbed and assimilated. Far better would it be to pray for forgiveness for acts-conscious and unconscious acts-that have violated his spiritual integrity, even though they may not have violated the laws of the land. Much more profitable is it to pray that he be forgiven in proportion as he forgives. Once the idea is clear to you that praying for things is the materialistic sense of life, because it is praying ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 6, Steps to Union with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 128K
Find Similar Documents