Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 2, Unfolding Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING CONSCIOUSNESS THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF OUR CLASS YESTERDAY, a continuity of unfolding consciousness. We are taking up where we left off, and, as a matter of fact, carrying right on as we will for the rest of the week. When John was in prison he sent word to Jesus: "Art thou he that should come? 1 Is this the promised Messiah?" And Jesus did not tell him that he had been authorized or ordained, or had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and show John the things you have seen, that the sick are healed." 2 Our only authority for the work we are doing is its result, and that result must be healing, the healing of the problems of human existence! The work of healing through the spirit is never the healing of a body; never the healing of a physical condition. That is the result, but it is not the work. The work is the spiritualizing of consciousness. The work is spiritualizing consciousness, spiritualizing thought, opening consciousness to the receptivity of God. That is the work in healing. In the presence of God there are no problems, and so when you are standing, actually standing, in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, you have no sins or diseases to overcome. Of all of Jesus' statements, the greatest is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God . . . and all these other things shall be added unto you." 3 Now the kingdom of God, the realm of God, is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the kingdom and when you are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of this world, of heaven and of earth, are added unto you. The subject of healing work is a very interesting one and there are many approaches to this practice, but I can only speak of that which has revealed itself to me. Healing work is accomplished entirely through silence! The treatments, so called, of oral explanation or the written word, are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary, most often ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Unfolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Supply
- Supply PART I THE SECRET OF SUPPLY is to be found in Luke12:22-32. "And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. "The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. "Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? "And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? "If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? "Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. "If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? "And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. "For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." The question now arises: how is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to GIVE you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the Spirit of Confidence in this inspired message of Scripture, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s of Joel Goldsmith_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 4, We Cannot Solve a Problem on the Level of the Problem
- Chapter Four We Cannot Solve a Problem on the Level of the Problem The spiritual life is dedicated to the realization of God as the source, the cause of life, and even the effect itself. It is also a revelation of immortality. Immortality, however, does not mean longevity. In fact, longevity and immortality have no relationship whatsoever to each other. Longevity has to do with a little longer span of physical or human life, whereas immortality has to do with the complete circle of life, that is, pre-existence before you came to this plane, and your experience on this plane, as well as the completed circle of life which goes on after this human span and relates more to the life of the Spirit than to the physical sense of life. If you are to understand immortality-and you must understand it if you would enjoy health, harmony, vitality, and youth of mind and body-you must understand that it relates to your immortal life, the life that has no beginning, as well as the life that has no ending. You cannot think of immortality as merely the continuity of this life after death. Life Without Beginning and Without End To understand immortality means to understand the scriptural statement, "In the beginning God. . . ." 1 -in the beginning life, in the beginning your life-"God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him." 2 All creation has reference to the beginning, to God's own life as It is manifest or shown forth as the Son: God the Father and God the Son as one. Therefore, if you think of God as having no beginning and no ending, you must necessarily think of life as having no beginning and no ending, and if there is but one God, there is but one life. That one life, therefore, must be yours and mine, and it must be an immortal and eternal life. When you come to the teaching of the Master, you have it stated very clearly: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 3 . . . Before Abraham was, I am." 4 As a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on the Level of the Problem.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Wisdoms of the Infinite Way
- WISDOMS OF THE INFINITE WAY BEGIN YOUR spiritual life with the understanding that all conflicts must be settled within your consciousness. There is never a conflict with person or condition, but rather a false concept mentally entertained about person, thing, circumstance, or condition. Therefore, make the correction within yourself, rather than attempting to change anyone or anything in the without. Acknowledge God as the substance, law, cause, and activity of all that is, and immediately refrain from meddling physically or mentally in the without. Get back inside yourself, and there resolve all appearances. When living out from the center of Being, you are untouched by the thoughts, opinions, laws, and theories of the world. Nothing acts upon you because you do not react to the world of appearances. In the spiritual life, you place no labels on the world. You do not judge as to good or evil, sick or well, rich or poor. While appearances may show forth harmony or discord, by not judging, you merely know IS, and let that which truly IS. define Itself. To live spiritually is to know that all is; then do not name, label, define, or judge what is. Be content to know IS, and let what IS. reveal Its being, nature, and character to you. Prayer is the inner vision of harmony. This vision is attained by giving up the desire to change or improve anyone or anything. Never seek anything or any condition in prayer. Let harmony define and reveal itself. Let your prayer be letting the IS. appear. Prayer is an awareness of that which IS. by "seeing" it - not making it so. To pray is to become aware of the harmony without a mental effort on your part. Prayer is the absence of desire in the recognition of IS. Spiritual wisdom reveals the deep, clear, cool well of contentment within you through your recognition of IS. Be sure that your prayer is not an attempt to influence God. Be sure that your prayer is not a desire to improve God's universe. Be at peace: God IS. Rest in the deep, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Wisdoms of the Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:16- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Eight, Meditation
- CHAPTER EIGHT MEDITATION Meditation is the way by which we attain the kingdom of God, and then life is lived by Grace. The ultimate of meditation is a state of complete silence within. The question naturally arises: For one who has not learned the art of inner silence, how is meditation accomplished? Certain it is that it is not a simple thing to achieve, because it is difficult to still the thinking mind. There is a way of meditating, however, which eventually will lead to a cessation of thought, leaving one in a sublime state of inner quiet. In this sacred and secret sanctuary of one's own being, only those thoughts which are of God enter. There are many ways of meditating, but it is important for the beginner to avoid trying to accomplish something beyond his immediate understanding. In order to meditate successfully and without having disturbing, extraneous thoughts intrude, the mode of contemplative meditation is simple and will lead the student, step by step, into higher forms of meditation. In contemplative meditation, the student transcends the desire to tell God anything or to ask God for anything. He contemplates the sun, moon, stars, and tides, and all growing and living things, remembering that the heavens and the earth are filled with everything of which man has need. He beholds all things as emanations of God, showing forth God's glory, God's law, and God's love for His children. In this quiet, peaceful state, the reassuring words of Scripture are fulfilled: "Thou wilt keep Him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee.... In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." When we are in a peaceful, quiet, reflective mood in the country, in the mountains, or by the sea, we become aware of the wonder and beauty of the earth. "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handy work." Often in the evening, out on the lanai, I contemplate the number and brilliance of the millions of stars overhead, noticing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter Eight, Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 2, Unfolding the Healing Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING THE HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN JOHN WAS IN PRISON, he sent word to Jesus, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" 1 In other words, he was asking, "Is this the promised Messiah?" Jesus did not answer him by saying that he had been authorized or ordained or that he had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them." 2 The work of healing through the Spirit, however, is never the healing of a body or of any physical condition, even though it appears as the healing of the problems of human existence. That is the result, but it is not the work. The real work is the spiritualizing of consciousness and of thought, and the opening of consciousness to the receptivity of God. The Infinite Way does not teach that there are no human problems: it teaches that in the presence of God there are no problems, and so when we stand in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, there is no poverty, sin, disease, or death to overcome. One of the greatest of all Jesus' statements is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 3 The kingdom of God-the realm of God-is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the Kingdom, and when we are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of heaven and of earth are added unto us. There are many approaches to the subject and practice of healing work, but I can speak only of that which has revealed itself to me, which is that healing is accomplished entirely through silence. Treatments, oral explanations, and the written word are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary; more often they are not. After one has been in this work for a while, it is almost ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g the Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Supply
- SUPPLY PART I THE SECRET of supply is to be found in the twelfth chapter of Luke: And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will be clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. The question now arises: How is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing, or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the spirit of confidence of this inspired message of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 9, The Mystic & Healing
- ~ 9 ~ THE MYSTIC AND HEALING MANY persons wonder if attaining the awareness of God makes one an instrument for healing. There is no categorical answer to this question. Attainment of awareness may bring forth a healing consciousness, but it does not necessarily do so. If the awareness attained is deep enough, it can be a mystical experience, which means conscious union or a conscious at-onement with God; but even that does not always enable a person to do healing work. The healing consciousness is the consciousness that has the spiritual discernment to see through "this world" to "My kingdom." This discernment or ability to perceive Reality is not reserved for those who have had mystical illumination. It is possible for almost anyone who is willing to become a student of spiritual truth to attain a measure of spiritual discernment. There are those who achieve it in one day; there are those who achieve it in a few weeks or a few months; and there are others who work for years to achieve it. One deciding factor in the length of time it takes to develop this awareness is the desire for it. Spiritual discernment is not to be had for spare change or spare time. It requires a greater devotion than would be necessary in trying to learn a new language or to play a musical instrument. There must be the desire of the heart. Given that, and the willingness to study and practice, it will be only a short time before a person can achieve some measure of spiritual awareness and show it in actual work. THE DEARTH OF SPIRITUAL HEALING It should surprise everyone that more religious leaders are not doing spiritual healing work because there can be no question but that the vast majority of them are honest and sincere lovers of God, seekers of God who live their life close to God, at least as close to God as their understanding permits. That, in most cases, is in a great measure. If God, as God is usually understood, were a healer of disease, why in these hundreds of years since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 9, The Mystic & Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1959, Prayer And Treatment Through The Spirit
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Prayer and Treatment Through the Spirit PROBABLY one of the greatest differences between the message of The Infinite Way and most other religious teachings, whether orthodox or metaphysical, is that in The Infinite Way no power is given to any word that is spoken or thought. No confidence is placed in mere statements of truth, wordy prayers, affirmations, or denials, unless these are uttered out of a realized spiritual consciousness. No treatment or prayer can rise any higher than the consciousness from which it emanates. None of the truth read in books and none of the statements of truth made to a person-none of this is spiritual power unless it flows out of an attained spiritual consciousness, that is, unless the person making the statement is in the Spirit when he voices truth, writes, thinks, declares it, or prays. Unless he is in the Spirit, his prayer or his treatment will rise no higher than the level of his own mind. If you pray or treat with your three-dimensional human consciousness, some measure of human demonstration or human improvement can be expected, but the amount of that fruitage will only be in proportion to your human faith, or belief, or to your powers of mental concentration. It is somewhat like the fifteen people who are healed every year out of the hundred thousand or so who make pilgrimages to Lourdes. Those fifteen people are healed because of the intensity of their own faith and emotion, and their healing has nothing to do with God. Much metaphysical healing work is accomplished by the faith and emotion of the practitioner, as well as by that of the patient. Sometimes patients bring with them a great deal of hope and confidence when they turn to a practitioner for help -hope, faith, and confidence in God, in the practitioner, or sometimes in a particular approach to truth. But real spiritual demonstration-actual spiritual healing-is largely dependent upon the ability of the individual who is the practitioner to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...reatment Through The Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 144K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 19, The Infinite Invisible
- ~ 19 ~ THE INFINITE INVISIBLE Meditation is our preparation for the inflow of the Spirit. It is the period during which we realize our oneness with the Infinite. That realization gives us the very presence of Spirit, Itself, with which to face the day. We have been inclined to believe that since God is omnipresent, always and everywhere present, that that is all there is to spiritual living and to the assurance of God's being at hand. But any such assumption is contradicted by a study of the history of the world. The omnipresence of God is of no avail to any one except in proportion to his conscious oneness with it, his conscious attunement, his conscious feeling and realization of it. Without that we go out on the street as human beings: we may reach our destination or we may not; we may catch cold or we may not; we may get sick or we may not. All these things are happening to people all over the world; but they are happening to people because they are going out into the world without making a conscious contact with the infinite Source, with the infinite Power. The promise is: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High" 1 - dwelleth, dwelleth, dwelleth in the secret place of the most High. He who dwells there, he who lives and moves and has his being in Spirit, is protected from the so-called evils of the world. "Pray without ceasing." 2 Go into the inner sanctuary and there find your communion or oneness with God. A study of scripture on the subject of prayer will show you how important prayer is; and then a study of modern metaphysical writings will show you the nature of prayer. I suppose we know more about prayer in this age than did most of those who were responsible for writing the Bible; at least, we know more about how to reveal the nature of prayer. Many of them may have known about true prayer within their own being, but their concept of prayer, praying to God for something, has not done the world much good. The modern idea of prayer, which is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 19, The Infinite Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 129K
Find Similar Documents