The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XIII, A New Concept of Supply
- This "giving away" has no relationship to amounts-to the number of dollars or of anything else: Giving has to do with the degree of givingness. It is the acknowledgment that supply is giving out, not gathering in. Giving need not necessarily begin with the giving of anything material, money or things-with giving anything. It may begin with the giving up of some things: the giving up of resentment, jealousy, and hate; the giving up of the desire to get recognition, reward, remuneration, gratitude, and cooperation. Simultaneously with this "giving up" will come the giving of patience, co-operation, love, and forgiveness. Give in the realization that it is not what you get that is your supply: It is what you give. It may be that you have been holding on too tightly to money. If so you will have to learn how to release it, and by turning it loose, set in motion the flow that inevitably returns to you. This is not to be construed as throwing money or any good thing away prodigally or ... Realize that God is infinite and that your supply is as infinite as God. And what about those who let their fruit stay on the tree, who do not pluck it? How quickly they learn that a tree can wither and give forth no more fruit: Only as you pluck the fruit and gather the blossoms from the flower bushes does the Life- force begin its work of multiplication, pushing out twice as much as before. Your supply becomes evident only in the proportion that you love your neighbor-give out love, give out forgiveness, give out co-operation-but give always without seeking a return. Only the gross materialist gives and then seeks a return. The true spiritual light gives out of the fullness of a heart of givingness, seeking no return. There is no need for any kind of a return: God is one's sufficient return. To understand this is to understand one of the major healing principles of The Infinite Way: Your consciousness of truth determines your supply, not a God somewhere, not a Christ somewhere, not a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...II, A New Concept of Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Two, The Unveiling
- CHAPTER TWO THE UNVEILING Moses was given a revelation of absolute truth. It was, in fact, a revelation of the final and ultimate truth, and the proof of this is that through this truth he was able to take the Hebrews out of slavery and lead them right up to the Promised Land, not by means of armies or with storehouses of food, but entirely under the grace of God. This is one of the most remarkable demonstrations of grace in all religious history. It was a mass freeing of people, completed under the grace of God, without force of arms and without even an organized activity. Only the unveiling of ultimate truth could yield such fruitage. But after that great experience the truth was again veiled, so that not until centuries later did the Master Christ Jesus remove the veil and again reveal the truth. This truth enabled him to heal, to supply, and also to pass on to his disciples and apostles the ability to heal and to give freedom, so that for three hundred years after Jesus' ministry on earth, the unveiled truth was known, and more and more people came into their freedom because they knew the truth. About 300 A.D., however, the truth was veiled again, and it has been kept so well veiled that no religion known to man has revealed that truth in the past nearly seventeen hundred years. True, in part, here and there in modern times, it has been known, but on the whole the truth has remained veiled. Truth can be known only by its fruitage. Only in that way can you know whether or not a teaching or a religion is truth. If it sets its followers free physically, mentally, morally, and financially, if it brings greater freedom and harmony in their human relationships, if it makes them less subject to the rule of man, to the sway of nature, or to the laws of matter and mind, then you can know that they are getting closer and closer to truth. "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 The Master made it very clear that under certain conditions man would bear fruit richly. Under ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter Two, The Unveiling.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 108K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter III, The Spiritual Adventure
- CHAPTER III THE SPIRITUAL ADVENTURE From earliest times this world with all its magnificence, yet punctuated by untold tragedy, has been a mystery, with man himself the greatest enigma of all. Here a man, and there a man, has sought to penetrate this mystery, but for the most part men have gone about their business, doing all that needed to be done humanly- some with great integrity and some with less, some with great ability and some with less, but all having one thing in common: all that existed for them was what they could see, hear, taste, touch, or smell, or could reason and think about. They might have looked up at the sky occasionally-a passing glance, a passing thought-but it had no meaning for them except that the sun was up there in the daytime, often very uncomfortable, and the stars and the moon were there at night, very beautiful. These things had no significance: they were just something they saw or felt, things they were aware of, but of which they had no knowledge, and in which, at the moment, no interest. To these people it was as if there were no world other than the one in which they lived. They saw the horizon, and it was so real that, to them, it represented the edge of the world, and they did not dare to go out to investigate. Had they only known the global nature of the earth and the laws of navigation, they could have sailed all around the world and found continents, islands, and unlimited wealth, but because of their ignorance, they were confined within the limits of their immediate environment. Similarly, is not the world today filled with people, educated and uneducated, yet knowing nothing beyond what they see, hear, taste, touch, smell, or feel? The human race, as we know it, is composed of men and women living completely shut off from divine aid, divine sustenance, and divine providence. From the most ancient of times up to modern days, man has not only lived by the sweat of his brow, but has engaged in strife to gain his ends, whether ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...II, The Spiritual Adventure.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 96K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 5, Our Real Identity
- ~ 5 ~ OUR REAL IDENTITY TODAY, with all the conflict, warfare, and turmoil, it appears the world is bent on destroying itself. In this overturning, people of themselves have no strength, intelligence, or love. "For by strength shall no man prevail." 1 This destruction or crucifixion going on throughout the world is really the crucifixion of the belief in personal power, personal will, and the sense of an identity separate and apart from the One. That is all that is being crucified. Anyone holding on to the belief that he has a personal life to save or lose, a personal fortune to protect, or a personal will and dominion may be crucified because those beliefs must be rooted out in order for God's glory to fill the earth and for man to stand forth in the fullness of Christhood. What can I desire besides Thee? If I had all the earth and Thee, I would have no more than if I just had Thee. But if I had all the earth and had not Thee, then I would have nothing except a void still waiting to be filled. I realize the uselessness of desiring, wishing, and hoping because in the stillness I know Thou art with me. Thou art the light of my being. Never can I feel God's presence until I am in the silence. But after I have attained a stillness and silence, I can carry it out into the world for a few hours, when again I must retire for renewal of the assurance. It is not that God is not omnipresent; but in the turmoil of the world and the activity of the human mind, I am apt to develop a sense of separation, a feeling of being apart. So I come back into this silence for a moment to reassure myself and feel that divine Presence. THE INVISIBILITY OF SPIRITUAL IDENTITY This life I am experiencing is not my life but God's life: infinite, eternal, and immortal. This body that is my vehicle of expression is God's body. If it were mine, it would be separate and apart from God; and how would I preserve it? But this is not my body; it is the body of God in one of Its infinite forms and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, Our Real Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 135K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 7, The Last Enemy
- ~ 7 ~ THE LAST ENEMY Everyone is interested in the subject of immortality-immortality here and now, in this body, not merely an immortality to be attained after death. It is in this very body that immortality must be experienced-this very body which we are now using as our instrument. We shall not lose our body, but we will lose our false sense of body and come into the realization of the true nature of body. By losing the sense of disease, accident, and old age, and coming into a higher realization of perfect body, there is no loss of body: There is just the loss of a false sense of body and the realization of the true nature of body. In the same way, experiencing immortality here and now involves no loss of body, but only the loss of a false sense of body. In our daily meditation, let us realize immortality here and now-the immortality of this body and this universe-in order that we may lose the false sense the world entertains of the body and of the universe. "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." 1 That may seem very discouraging to many people. Of this we can be sure, however, whether or not it is the last enemy to be overcome, it will never be overcome until we begin the overcoming, until we begin to do something about it. Just going on from one year to another, aimlessly saying, "Oh, well, death will be the last thing to be overcome," is not going to postpone it. If we want to postpone death and finally overcome it, we must begin now. What is death? Death appears to be a momentary cessation of consciousness. But consciousness cannot be or remain unconscious. In fact, consciousness can never become totally unconscious. What we call death is but an apparent lapse into deep unconsciousness, from which we become conscious again, usually upon the same level as that upon which we fell asleep. Body Expresses the Activity of Consciousness The first step in beginning the overcoming of death is the realization that the body does not have any intelligence ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 7, The Last Enemy.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Infinite Individual Consciousness
- INFINITE INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the world has within his own consciousness every invention, every art, that was ever known. We are the embodiment of every law in the universe. Through a process that we call learning we seem to be taking in a little metaphysics today, a little music tomorrow, while the truth is they are already a part of our consciousness, and our awareness of them is only unfolding by degrees. There are people who are able to grasp these things without going through the usual process. This is cosmic consciousness. This explains child prodigies. These people are universal Mind without any obstruction. The closer we get to the realization of this universal Consciousness, the more infinitude becomes apparent. Truth is not added to your consciousness - it comes through unfoldment. Our so-called human consciousness is a shutter. At one point, it admits very little light; opened a little more, it admits more light, and as we become more and more spiritually minded, the shutter opens wider and wider, until eventually all humanhood disappears. The full light then shines through. We cannot increase our consciousness, it is infinite already, but we can become aware of its infinite nature. You cannot add to yourself; you cannot even become more spiritual or more wise, but only more aware of the infinity of your own spiritual consciousness, in proportion as you realize that God is the Mind, substance and Spirit of you. We may come to the study of metaphysics or the Bible to gain better health; or we may come to the search for God to increase our wealth or business activity, but in the last analysis that is not what is going to happen to us. True, this increased sense of spiritual good will produce better humanhood, increase our ease in matter, and even prolong our human sense of existence a few years, but this is not the object of our study. The object of our search for Truth is to gain a spiritual sense of existence that we may live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual Consciousness....pdf
Modified: 2017-08-23 12:43:28- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XVI, Is
- CHAPTER XVI IS The basis of all spiritual teaching is that spiritual consciousness evolves in what is called "time." We may wonder why time enters into that which is eternity and which knows no such thing as time, but the element of time is involved because spiritual evolution is the unfolding of consciousness, which to our sense appears as time. However, there is a definite moment in time and space when each one of us makes the transition from law to grace. Up to that point, we are students of truth, seekers after God; and through our study and good works, we hope and expect to improve our human situation. The Hindus liken this process of spiritual evolution to the peeling away of the skins of an onion. The peeling away of one layer of skin is barely perceptible, but by the time ten or fifteen layers have been removed, a definite change is noticeable. As the skins are removed, layer by layer, eventually a place is reached where there are no more onion skins: There is only nothingness; the onion is no more. And so it is that human beings are born into this world, bringing with them numbers of layers of material sense to which they continually add, building up the onion-self, skin by skin, until they begin the return journey to the Father's house. When that spiritual impulse is felt, then we begin to study and meditate, always with the goal that one day we may actually feel God within us, realize the Presence, be touched by Him, and come to live under grace in that state of consciousness in which there is no longer any law-no longer a law of good and evil, no longer a law of cause and effect, no longer a law of punishment and reward: There is only a state of grace-and at a certain moment in our experience, it happens. Such an experience takes place in time. It may happen at ten o'clock in the morning, at midnight, or in the silence of the early morning hours, but at some time or other it does take place, and we feel that inner impulsion and know that we have felt it. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...al Healing_ Chapter XVI, Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 28, 1963, Above Karmic Law: Principles to Live by
- ABOVE KARMIC LAW: PRINCIPLES TO LIVE BY July 28, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When I had been in the healing practice for about five years, I was taken very ill and the practitioner who was taking care of me reached the conclusion that I was not being reached and would probably pass on that night. To me it was particularly strong that it would be that night. In the middle of the night my mother and a favorite aunt, both of whom had passed on some years before, came to my bedside and told me they had come to "make my way across an easy one." They said it was a joyous experience and I was not to fear it, but being something new for me they were there to help. Suddenly I said, "No, Mom, I am not going. I have done nothing in this world to justify even the birth pangs that you had to bring me here, and I cannot go that way. . . . I cannot go without fulfilling myself. I have healed a few hundred people of their ills, but even though it were ten thousand people or three million people, that is no accomplishment. No, I must stay here and find a reason and a purpose for living." The following morning I wakened so much better that I was able to go to my office. Then I discovered why I was not pleased for having healed a few hundred people, and why I would not have been satisfied had I healed ten thousand people. No, because I have never been interested in that phase of life. All my life my interest has been in principles, the principles whereby men can live more joyously. Not only the people who find my religion, but all men: the whites and the blacks and the yellows and the browns, the rich and the poor, the literate and the illiterate. I realized the only thing that can benefit people in the long run are principles to live by and from that time on, more than ever before I was consciously awake to the seeking of principles. So it was, in late 1938 or 1939, the V oice told me that I must seek the secret of the impersonal Christ and impersonal healing. In ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Law_ Principles to Live by.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 22, 1964, The Bread You Cast Upon the Waters
- THE BREAD YOU CAST ON THE WATERS March 22, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii PROBABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST revelations of The Infinite Way is this: No amount of truth can benefit you, no matter how profound it is. You are benefitted only by your realization and your utilization of truth. Truth will not set you free. "Ye shall know the truth," and this means know. In the same way, every effort you make towards acquiring truth brings truth nearer home to you. I try to tell students not to depend on my books and not to depend on my tapes, because in and of themselves they have no effect. I have seen this happen in the lives of thousands of people who have read the books and heard the tapes. On the other hand, with hundreds of students I have witnessed a wonderful effect. What is the difference? Do you practice it? I know of people who receive gifts of books and write to me and say: "I have read your book and it is beautiful!" The effort you put into acquiring truth determines what you will get from it. "The bread you cast on the waters is the bread that will return unto you." 1 I never want to see an Infinite Way student turned away for lack of money, but neither do I want to see students continued in charity, because it will not demonstrate the principle of The Infinite Way. The Infinite Way is very clear that the secret of supply is giving, and I am not talking only about money. You do not get from The Infinite Way what you do not give. In our capitalistic days anyone could be successful by working hard enough, because life gives back what you put into it. In The Infinite Way I have witnessed so many people listening to lectures, reading books, going to classes, and accomplishing nothing. Why? Because they put nothing into it. I know that the whole secret of life is outpouring. This is true in any branch of life, whether you are studying an academic subject or whether you are studying a spiritual subject. Throughout my Infinite Way experience I have tried to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ad You Cast Upon the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 7, God, The Source and Substance
- CHAPTER 7 GOD, THE SOURCE AND SUBSTANCE Regardless of the degree of spiritual consciousness we have, some around us may not respond. Even the Master, Christ Jesus, could not avoid his Judas, or his doubting Thomas, or his denying Peter, or his disciples asleep in the garden. Peter eventually awakened and undoubtedly atoned in a measure, and probably Thomas did as well. Of Judas's eventual awakening to the spiritual Light we have no record. We do know there must have been a time when Saul of Tarsus could not respond to this spiritual impetus, yet eventually at a certain moment he not only responded to it but he also became a living witness to it. There are moments in the lives of many when they cannot respond to the spiritual influence that is about them. But eventually they will respond, in their time. With some it may take days, weeks, months, or years. With others it may take many lifetimes. But sooner or later, at some time, every knee will bend- every knee! So we need not despair if we find some in our families, in our church groups, or in our national or international life who are not at this moment responding to the spiritual impulse. That brings us to a very important point. In our experience, we are apt to believe that we are being held back by the lack of demonstration on the part of someone around us or that, for one reason or another, their lack of demonstration may be having an adverse influence on us. That would be true only in the degree that we permit it. If we are not yet ready to leave those who are holding back our demonstration, the blame is ours for clinging to the universal belief that our good comes from others or that their good comes from us. To understand how and why this is so, you need to know your true identity and your relationship to God. Your True Identity and Your Relationship to God The Master Jesus tells us that in order to attain the heights of Christhood, we must leave mother, father, brother, and sister for His sake. We must ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...d, The Source and Substance.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 105K
Find Similar Documents