Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 8, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- ~ 8 ~ BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Religion is a thing of the heart, and yet, without some specific knowledge of the principles underlying a religious teaching, a knowledge of which must be an activity of the mind, it is impossible to have a full and complete religious life. It is possible to find the religious life in a church, but living the spiritual life is not dependent on a church, and there are many religious persons in places where there are no churches. Religion is of the heart, and no one is religious except as the heart motivates him. That is why it is impossible to give religion or a religious instinct to anyone. This is something that takes place within an individual when he is ready for the spiritual experience, or, as they say in the Orient, when he is "ripe." One can have this religious instinct and pursue it and yet not fulfill himself unless certain principles of the religious life are revealed in one way or another, principles which make it possible to attain illumination, fulfillment, and that peace that passes understanding. In the Infinite Way writings, many principles of life are set forth. No one of us can demonstrate all of them, but if we live with them and take them into meditation, those necessary for our experience will reveal themselves to us. It usually takes several years after we have received a spiritual idea or principle before it becomes a part of us and before we can demonstrate it. It is so with everyone. We hear a spiritual principle expounded, and we read about it. In fact, we read it over and over again, and we hear it on tape recordings or in lectures or classes, and because of this much reading and hearing, we think we know it and wonder why we cannot demonstrate it. This is normal and natural and true of all of us. Even principles that have come through my own consciousness and my own lips have not really become mine until several years later. They did not register in a demonstrable degree when they were first revealed to me, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 142K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 1, Pure Being
- ... We must love the Lord our God with all our heart and with all our soul in the realization that He is too pure to behold iniquity or to cause it. He is the very light of the world, and in Him is no darkness at all. ONENESS OF GOD AND MAN When that conviction becomes bone of our bone and flesh of our flesh and when we have a God wholly good, we ourselves then are wholly good, for "I and my Father are one. 4 . . . Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 5 All the qualities we now attribute to God-all the purity, goodness, justice, love, and forgiveness-are in reality qualities of man, for God and man are one, just as the glass and the tumbler are one. What is the nature of the tumbler? Is there a tumbler or is there just glass? Is the tumbler merely a name for the form as which the glass is appearing? Glass is the essence of the tumbler; glass is its quality. How strong is the tumbler? As strong as the glass of which it is made. How beautiful is the tumbler? As ... It is for this reason that the Master taught us to forgive seventy times seven, to pray for our enemies, and to do unto others as we would have others do unto us. The reason is that anything you do to another you are doing unto yourself because there is but one Self, and I am that Self. Be assured that even the money that you give to benevolences is only being transferred from your right-hand pocket to your left-hand pocket, because I is the only Selfhood, and therefore, what you give never leaves you. This is the bread that you cast on the water of life which comes back to you. The forgiveness that you give to those who have offended you is the forgiving of yourself because there is no other Self than I AM, and without the forgiving of others, there can be no forgiving of yourself, for I am the only other. When you pray for your enemies, you are praying for yourself. You are doing unto others as you would have others do unto you, and the reason is that the enemy is yourself. Therein ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ness_ Chapter 1, Pure Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 183K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 10, It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee
- 10) "It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee" If you have studied the preceding chapters carefully, you should be beginning to understand that the universal belief of good and evil operates hypnotically upon every person in the world. Every phase of discord that comes into any person's experience is a mesmeric influence from which he has not learned to protect himself. What with automobile collisions, sudden storms, and even coconuts falling from the trees, a person who leaves his home in the morning has no positive assurance that he will return safely at night. Every morning of the week, safety engineers forecast approximately how many accidental deaths will occur that day. They cannot tell who will be the victims, but those casualties could be you or me or anyone else. Man has become a statistic. But no one wants to be a statistic. No one wants to fall victim to an accident. How, then, can such mishaps and catastrophes be avoided? Is there a way? Yes, there most certainly is, if those who have been taught the principles of one power, impersonalization, and "nothingization" can break through their mental inertia in the morning to the extent of consciously realizing: There is but one Power operating in this universe. It is not a power of accident, death, disease, or sin. This Power is the same Power that causes the sun to rise and to set at its appointed time, and the tides to ebb and flow. The Power that is operating in this universe is the same Power that is operating in my consciousness, and It operates as the law unto my experience. There is no power in any mesmeric suggestion of accident. There is no power in any belief of infection or contagion. There is no power in the carnal mind, in any of its forms, or in any of its beliefs, individual or collective. "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." 1 To whom does that refer? To whom but the person who dwells "in the secret place of the most High" 2 -not one who ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Now remember that everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body. They are faced with the belief of physical supply. And right now, they are being faced with the belief of atomic bombs and rumors of wars. In the human picture there is no way of avoiding those experiences or of rising above them. The only way is the spiritual way, and the spiritual way is that way where the Christ becomes the reality of our being! And when we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, the sum total of all creation, then we are fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Jesus Christ-the law of forgiveness. There is no greater law than that of forgiveness. Remember, love God with all thy might and love your neighbor as yourself. That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, every plant! And there is no way you can love them while holding them in condemnation. In this meditation, then, see and understand that God is the life, soul, mind, not only of friends, but of all so-called enemies. And, in that way, you will eliminate all enemies. Jesus said to Pilate, "Thou canst have no power over me, unless it came from the Father in heaven." 8 That is our answer to enemies or enmity of every form whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack. Some of you who heard me in January will remember how many times I stressed this fact: that this law of forgiving, this law of forgiveness, is the real law of demonstration. This ability to see God as the mind, the life and soul of enemies as well as of friends. Why? Because not only in the Old Testament, but all the way through the teachings of Jesus, we have this reminder-the first commandment is the secret of life. Only one God, only one life; the life of every one of us; the life of our so-called enemies. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind of what we call enemies! Only one God, and only one creation-and all spiritual! In that meditation, can you not see that as long as your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 15, A Great Secret
- ... Since God Is from everlasting to everlasting, the nature of God must be eternity, infinity. There could be nothing in the nature of God that would shorten the life of man or the universe; therefore the life of man must be eternal and immortal. So right here you have no punishment -because all of our sins and diseases and deaths are supposed to be due to punishment. All our accidents, all the evils that befall us, are supposed to be due to punishment of one nature or another. "God's will" it is called-"God's will" that an airplane collapses with a hundred people on board, "God's will" that a steamship burns at sea or hits an iceberg. Do you not see that this was not in the original teaching of Jesus Christ? Do you not see that if you go back to the Gospels, you cannot find that God destroys life for any reason, since Jesus' mission was to raise the dead, to do the works of God, to show forth eternal life? His mission was to heal the sick and even to forgive the sinners. So God could not have provided both a punishment for sinners and forgiveness at the same time. Therefore if you go back to the basic teaching of Jesus Christ, you will discover that there is no punishment through God, no reward through God, and that it is "As you sow, so shall you reap." Of course, when you turn to the Oriental teachings where they have karma, you will also discover that it is your sowing that results in your reaping, and your reaping goes on until the sowing changes. If you can catch solidly and firmly this revelation in The Thunder of Silence and actually bear witness to the fact or come to a conviction within yourself, and can leave God right out of your calculations, out of your thinking, as far as your rewards and punishments are concerned, or your health or sickness, or your life and death-see if you cannot grasp this principle that "As ye sow, so shall ye reap." Then make the acknowledgment, "Regardless of where I am in life, regardless of what experience I may now be having: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 15, A Great Secret.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 12, Realizing the Principles
- ~ 12 ~ REALIZING THE PRINCIPLES Please remember, it is only in the first months or year that living the Infinite Way may seem a bit burdensome and difficult. Be willing, for the sake of its fruitage, to undertake some of the labor that goes with this work in the beginning. In living the Infinite Way you are doing two things all day long: You are doing protective work and you are doing treatment, or healing, work. You are engaged in those two activities throughout the day whether or not anybody asks you for help, and you are always using these three principles-the realization of one power, impersonalization, and nothingizing-as the major part of your work. From the moment you awaken in the morning, you are to do protective work. Now, don't think of protective work as protecting yourself from evil or protecting anybody else from evil. Remember, protective work is the realization that there is no power from which to protect one's self. Protective work is living in the realization that since there is only one power, there are no other powers to do anything or be anything. Any other suggestion is mesmeric influence, mortal mind, the arm of flesh, nothingness. Without protective work, even though you're not consciously thinking of accidents or discords or diseases or sins or temptations, you are permitting yourself to accept unconsciously, or subconsciously, the world's mesmerism, the world's hypnotic suggestions. In other words, this evil touches your life in very much the same way as subliminal perception operates. Something enters your consciousness which you do not see, hear, taste, touch, or smell; it enters in the form of suggestion, or mental imposition. You don't have to see a headline to know there is trouble in the world. You inwardly feel it. But even if you can't sense the trouble, you can tell it if you've awakened with a headache, or you've awakened with a dullness, or you've awakened with a sense of fear. None of this originates in you; none of this is part ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, Realizing the Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 107K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 4, Treatment - Its Meaning and Purpose
- ~ 4 ~ TREATMENT: ITS MEANING AND PURPOSE Good Morning. Sunday morning on Maui-one of those beautiful days Maui knows how to make! We have done an important work this week. If these tapes are properly studied they can prove to be the most important work you have undertaken in the message of the Infinite Way, but this depends on what you put into it. You won't get more out of these tapes than you put in because all these tapes have are words, and the words only take on importance as they become imbued in your consciousness and their meaning is realized. You may have to listen to these tapes many, many times before you begin to get the meaning that I put into them. That meaning is the direct result of thirty years of this work. They are important, that I'll tell you-and why? Because they deal with the subject of treatment. Why is the subject of treatment important, when it is a word that is never heard in the religious world? To understand that, you have to understand the purpose of treatment. The purpose of treatment, metaphysically understood, is the development of spiritual consciousness. Treatment isn't aimed at healing diseases or at getting supply; treatment isn't aimed at making better relationships. Treatment has one specific purpose, and that is developing spiritual consciousness. Now let me illustrate exactly how this is accomplished. In the material state of consciousness into which we were born, the greatest reality is matter and material force. That's what we fear the most and that's what we love the most. We love it most in forms of money, jewelry, property, and investments, and we fear it most in the forms of bullets, poisons, and germs. Matter in one form or another is the subject of our love, of our hate, and of our fear. In another sense, matter is something we use in the form of material force, whether it is water power or electrical power, to attain good in one way or another. But we also use material force for destructive purposes, to kill or to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t - Its Meaning and Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 138K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 4, When We Are Tempted By Good And Evil
- IV when we are tempted by good and evil I HAVE KNOWN FROM the beginning that we were deal- ing with a spiritual universe and that the evil in it wasn't real, but I never knew why, nor did I know how we came into this state of being out of Eden until the revelation came. The revelation came in those passages where God said, "Who told you that you were naked?" 1 And then I knew that something was wrong. Then, when it said, "the knowledge of good and evil," 2 and Adam and Eve were thrown out of Eden-that gave me the whole secret. Eden represents our spiritual domain. Eden represents the state of harmony or heaven. Eden represents our immortality, our state of divine being. What threw us out of that into what the Master called "this world"? 3 There it is, as plain as anyone can read: the knowledge of good and evil-that's what did it. For weeks I didn't get over the shaking that I got from the intensity of that revelation-that the cause of all the trouble on the face of the earth is the belief in good and evil; nobody can stay in the Garden of Eden, of harmony, of perfection, while they are accepting in their mind the belief of good and evil. But everybody can go back into Eden and be pure, and have lives by grace, not by the sweat of the brow; by grace, by the gift of God, by giving up the belief of good and evil; by being willing to concede that there's no good man on earth and no bad one; no good woman on earth, no bad one; no good child on earth, no bad one. There is neither good nor bad. Thinking would make it so. Yes, you can decide that this is good, and the other one can decide that is good. You can decide this is evil, and the other one can decide that is evil. But you withdraw your estimate, your opinion, your concept, and declare that "in all of heaven and earth, nothing is good or evil-only God Itself, the Invisible, is the all-good; nothing visible, nothing that you can see, hear, taste, touch, or smell is good, nor is it evil, nor has it any qualities like ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 4.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 139K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 6, The Divine Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ THE DIVINE CONSCIOUSNESS "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." 1 "I am with you alway." That I is God. I, God, the divine Consciousness of my individual being, is ever with me. It could not be any other place and still be the consciousness of my own being; nor could I be separate or apart from consciousness, since without consciousness there would be no being; there would be no "I" or "me." I, divine Consciousness, will be with me, as long as I exist as an individual. As long as there is continuity to my own being, God, divine Consciousness, will be with me. In fact, I is all there is to me, manifesting Itself, Its glory, as my individual being. There is no It and "me." There is only It, manifesting Itself, expressing Itself as me. The Word, divine Consciousness, becomes flesh as individual me. This oneness is the secret of immortality, of eternal life; probably, it is the reason for the word "always": "Lo, I am with you always"; I will be with you "unto the end of the world"-the world which Jesus overcame. "I have overcome the world." 2 There is an end to the world: the world is not immortal; the world is not eternal; the world will not last forever. What is this world that comes to an end? It is really not a world at all. The things that are of God are eternal and immortal, this world that "I have overcome" is not a world, but a false sense of the world, a false image, a belief about the world. Jesus, not even as the Christ, ever overcame anything that actually existed. He could only overcome a false sense about reality, a false belief about it. Therefore, until all false beliefs are eradicated, until the world has been overcome within ourselves, this Christ will be present to overcome it. When the world has been overcome, then it will be discovered, not that there was a Christ present to overcome it, but that I am that Christ. Wherever we go, under all circumstances and conditions, remember that "I am with you always." I, your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, The Divine Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents