The Heart of Mysticism: January 1956, Withinness
- ... If you abide in the Word of God, and let this Word abide in you, you will be as a branch that is one with the Vine, that is one with the Godhead, and you will bear much fruit. As you continue to dwell "in the secret place of the most High," you will find that it is not a matter of God's doing something for you-it is a matter of maintaining conscious oneness with God, keeping your mind stayed on God, acknowledging God in all your ways, abiding in the Word and letting the Word abide in you. In actual practice, this means awakening each morning and veritably bringing the presence of God right into the room with you in the realization that "This is the day the Lord hath made." Instead of bringing to consciousness your problems, sins, and inharmonies, bring God into your awareness in the realization that God is with you throughout the day. You can face any problem or task in the realization that you do not face it alone, "For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me." God is your supply, forgiveness, life, love. Emmanuel-God with us-is that which enables you to be, to do, to prosper. Consciously realize that God's presence goes before you, and when going about your affairs consciously know that the Christ is greeting you through every individual encountered. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and you will be obeying Paul's injunction to "pray without ceasing." In God you will have a friend, a big brother, the Father within; and you will come into the realization, as did Paul, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." As you persist in the practice of the Presence you are carried along by its beauty and harmony, and a day will dawn when "you" no longer exist. Then there will be no need to think about God-there will be only God, functioning as your individual being, thinking, being, knowing, living through you, and then it is literally true: ". . . I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ January 1956, Withinness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1959, The Secret of The Resurrection
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH The Secret of the Resurrection THE majority of people in this world believe that, because they wake up in the morning, manage to stay alive during the day, and finally are able to go to sleep at night, they are living. That is not living: That is merely existing, but the hopelessness of such existence is not apparent to the average person until he discovers what a real living of life is. Oriental philosophy refers to the endless routine of waking up in the morning, struggling through the day, and then being so grateful to get into bed at night, only in order to repeat the process the next day, as being on the wheel of life. It is like a merry-go-round-round and round it goes, but it never goes anywhere. Round and round, yet standing still! That is typical of the human being who lives a life of waking up in the morning, struggling through the day, and happily going back to bed at night. And why is he so happy to get into bed at night? Because he is going to wake up in the morning and go no place all over again. It is fruitless-an endless struggle for survival without any real purpose. There is a wholly different life that comes to the awakened soul, a life in which living is not just a succession of waking up and going to sleep, eating and drinking, but in which there is a succession of delights during both day and night. It is the life in which the "my peace I give unto you" 1 is not an idle dream, nor is it an impossible one. Some people imagine that "My peace" is merely a round of days and nights without pain or without lack, but it is more than that, much more. There may even be some problems after the state of consciousness known as "My peace" has been reached, but they are not too important when one has the vision of the new world -of "My kingdom," that Kingdom which is not of this world. As a matter of fact, even if a person's days were filled wholly with happy human experiences, that is not the spiritual kingdom. The spiritual kingdom is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Secret of The Resurrection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1957, Gratitude
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Gratitude FEW people understand the nature of gratitude. Just what is gratitude? Are human beings capable of gratitude? Actually, we should not expect gratitude from a person, and if we do expect it, we shall be disappointed because gratitude is beyond the capacity of a human being. Many people believe that money and gratitude are synonymous, but in reality, they have no relationship to each other. There are times when money can be a symbol of gratitude, but it is a mistake to tie them together because gratitude goes far beyond money. For example, if we should ask a practitioner for help for a headache and attempted to express our gratitude in a monetary form, we might well believe that a nominal payment would be a sufficient expression of gratitude; but on the other hand, if we were healed of a cancer, we might feel that even if we took our last dollar and ran into debt besides, it would be a very small token of gratitude for such a healing. In both cases, we would be wrong, because gratitude for spiritual healing has no relationship at all to what has been healed. Spiritual healing can only come through a realization of God. It can only take place when an individual has so dedicated himself to spiritual living that he becomes a transparency through which God can act; and when the Spirit of God flows through an individual, that Spirit of God can heal the headache or the cancer. There should be no difference in the degree of gratitude in either case because our gratitude should not be merely for the healing of a headache or for the healing of a cancer. No, we should be grateful because we have been privileged to be a living witness to the fact that God is as available on earth today as He was two thousand years ago. How, then, can we be more grateful for the presence of God in one case than in another? The world at large does not have access to God because it has cut itself off from contact with God. Many people believe that if they go to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ November 1957, Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 147K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: States and Stages of Consciousness
- States and Stages of Consciousness Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes of the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the power of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work and became ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 156K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 11, Spiritual Freedom
- ~ 11 ~ SPIRITUAL FREEDOM YOU KNOW THIS IS NOT THE EASIEST SUBJECT in the world to talk about, and I approach it always with a little bit of hesitancy. Always we have been talking about the spiritual way of living and of course, the subject "spiritual freedom" is a part of the spiritual way of life. Spiritual freedom is a result of the spiritual way of living; it is one of the results, but it has to be understood in order to be demonstrated. It has to be understood in order to be lived. In our material sense of life we are in bondage to hundreds of different thoughts and things-there is no denying it. We are so apt in the metaphysical world just to say, "There is no accident in divine mind," or "There is no bondage in divine mind." Of course it is true. There isn't bondage in divine mind. It is also true that if we were living in divine mind we would not be here speaking or listening to this subject. It is only because we haven't yet reached the life of divine mind that we are interested in a way or a path to achieve it. The term "path" or "way" is an interesting one. Jesus said: "I am the way." 1 But 600 years before Jesus, Lao Tzu's teaching in China was called "The Way." The term "way" refers to that spiritual path that gives us freedom. If we are to achieve freedom, it must be freedom from some form of bondage. Actually you know there is no freedom in spirit or soul because there isn't anything to be free of. There is only divine being. When we talk about spiritual freedom, we are talking really about a quality or condition of being that results from our search for and attainment of truth itself. I am coming to this very, very slowly, because I am-and I know that I am-on a delicate subject. You will appreciate as I go along, how delicate it is. What I am leading up to is the fact that there is a power greater than any of the powers you are familiar with in the human sense of life and yet a power that you never will see, never hear, taste, touch or smell. It is a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 11, Spiritual Freedom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:07- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 3, Attaining the Christ-Mind
- ... The laws governing the airplane always existed, only awaiting man's discovery. Releasing Infinity The infinite abundance of God has always been in every individual who ever existed, but he could not demonstrate it until someone could come along and reveal that within him is the kingdom of God, within him is all that the Father has. All the music is there, all the art, all the literature, all the spiritual truth, all the inventions, all the sciences. All these are within, but to experience them a person must begin to open out a way for the infinity of God to escape. Truth is within. The truth, which is bread, meat, wine, and water, is not to be found outside, but is within, and a way must be found for "the imprisoned splendor" to escape. Begin to pour now. There is no better way to begin to pour than to set aside periods each day to pray for those whom you know need prayers, those within your family, your community, within your nation, and eventually within the entire world. Begin to pray the prayer of forgiveness, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 Release everyone from condemnation and punishment. Know every bit of spiritual truth you can about all those who are within your consciousness. Know that the voice is saying to them, "Son, all that I have is thine. . . . Neither death, nor life. . . can separate you from the love and care of God." This is giving. You are sharing out of that infinite storehouse; you are pouring out the water of life even without a bucket. Through such meditation, you are developing more and more of that spiritual or fourth dimensional transcendental consciousness. Attaining the Fourth Dimensional Consciousness The many ways that have been revealed to me of attaining the fourth dimensional consciousness are incorporated in the writings. Those wishing to make a real study of this should begin with Living the Infinite Way. 20 In this book certain principles are presented and clarified. Follow this book with Practicing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Attaining the Christ-Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 13, Individual Consciousness
- ~ 13 ~ INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS The principle of life, which we all must learn, is that we cannot have anything until we first have the consciousness of that thing. If we were given a million dollars, we probably could not hold on to it, unless, in some way, we had developed the consciousness of a million dollars. That is one of the reasons why fortunes are lost. Those who inherit fortunes, even some of the people who earn them, cannot keep them, because if there is not a consciousness of wealth behind the inheritance or the amassing of a fortune, it will be dissipated, sooner or later, in one way or another. The same principle applies to every situation. In order to have a beautiful home, it is necessary to have the consciousness of a beautiful home. Without that, a home would be only a house, and either its owner might or might not decorate and furnish it in good taste, or it might be furnished by someone else in conformity with the prevailing fashion of the day. The principle of life-the principle of life-is consciousness. We must have the consciousness of a thing in order to have the thing itself. The first step in this work is attaining the conscious awareness of the presence of God. There are many ways of doing this. One method is outlined in The Infinite Way in the chapter on "Meditation," in which, upon awakening in the morning, you fill yourself with the consciousness of truth, with the realization of God's presence. Then, throughout the day, you should continue to recognize and realize the presence and the allness of God. Whether you are receiving or disbursing money, whether you are eating or drinking, always recognize God as the source. Acknowledge God, acknowledge Christ as the reality of your being. If you persist in that throughout the day and evening, even if for only brief periods, you will find that within a short time, your thought will become so spiritualized that your outer experience will be transformed. The statement, "I live; yet not I, but ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Individual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 128K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 7, The Cornerstone of Spiritual Healing and Living
- ... We are spiritual revelators of the truth that God constitutes individual being, your being and mine. Your being, therefore, is spiritual and governed by spiritual law, not material law. There are no material laws governing you once you have come out from under the law and have accepted divine grace. But you have accepted divine grace only when you have accepted God as constituting your being and mine. When you see a sinner, you have to remain steadfast to the truth that God constitutes individual being. When you can do that, you become a successful practitioner. The success of a practitioner cannot be measured by the number of sick people made well. The true achievement is revealing individual Christhood in its perfection as individual being. On that point you will need a great deal of study, reflection, and meditation. The more intense study you give to it, the greater will be the development of your spiritual consciousness, which will ultimately enable you to be an instrument for healing without going through hours of treatments. Forgiveness, the Evidence of a Healing Consciousness A healing consciousness is that consciousness which prays for its enemies. How do you pray for your enemies if you do not take cognizance of error in prayer? First of all, you have to do as Jesus directed his disciples to do: put up your sword.2 Do not use any human means of protection or retaliation, because then you are acknowledging a power apart from God. Put up your sword in the realization that "the battle is not yours, but God's."3 You have nothing to do but stand still in the realization of God. Do not fight physically; do not fight mentally; do not wish to see vengeance heaped upon your enemies; and do not wish to see them punished. Instead take the second step, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."4 If you are able to realize the infinite nature of your being, recognize God as constituting your being, go to the center of your being, and have an experience ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...piritual Healing and Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter III, God the Only Power
- CHAPTER III GOD THE ONLY POWER Thus saith the Lord, the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. ISAIAH 44:6 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. DEUTERONOMY 6:5 Throughout all time, scripture has revealed that God is the only power, but who has accepted this literally? Even in the Bible, there are accounts of people fighting, one against another. The teaching of most religionists of the world has been that there are two powers, the power of God and the power of the devil: The power of God is good and blesses; the power of the devil is evil and damns. Always there are these two powers; always God is battling the devil for control of man's soul; and always the question is: Who is going to win? Today it is the same story. Accidents, disasters, and sickness are explained either on the basis of two powers, or by making God responsible for these evils. How can God be held responsible for any evil in the light of the message and mission of the Master, which was the healing of the sick, the raising of the dead, the feeding of the hungry, and the overcoming of every kind of disaster. The Master said, "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill," so none of these things can possibly be the will of God. In the presence of God, there is no evil. If God tolerates the sin, disease, and death that we are experiencing, what chance have we to survive or overcome them? If God is permitting these evils, or if God is a human parent teaching us a lesson, how can we rise above them and return to the Father's house? From the very beginning of our spiritual study, we have learned that God is the one power, the all-power, and not only the all-power, but the all-good power. Is it then possible for an all-good power to create, permit, tolerate, or send forth evil? In The Infinite Way, we engage in what is called spiritual healing so we must have a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter III, God the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 11, Transcending Karmic Law
- ... The word of God that is received in my consciousness is sufficient for my every need of the moment, whether it be a moment of work, a moment of rest, a moment of feasting or fasting, or a moment of play. Every moment of every day and of every night is filled with a sufficiency of Thy grace to meet every need, and always with those twelve baskets full left over to share with even "the least of these my brethren." 17 As I go to my rest I remember: This night will rapidly pass into day, with Thy grace continuing always throughout every moment, because I am receiving Thy manna when I sleep, as well as when I am awake. I am receiving Thy manna at rest, at work, or at play, for Thy grace is a continuing experience, and there is this sufficiency of manna unto every moment. If knowingly or unknowingly, human temptation has touched me, nevertheless, I offer myself as I am, knowing that Thy grace forgives and resurrects into newness of life, and Thy manna nourishes that life. I cannot wait to be better than I am to offer myself to Thee, and I need not be better than I am to receive forgiveness, Grace, manna. It is now, here, just as I am, that I relax in Thee and receive Thee: Thy word, Thy presence. ACROSS THE DESK Have you ever been faced with a problem and wondered how to meet it? In that moment, then, you forgot that there was only one power, and that your understanding of that made it unnecessary to meet anything. Have you ever been called upon to meet some problem for someone and wondered if you had sufficient understanding, or if you had sufficient God-power? If so, in that moment, you revealed that you did not know the truth. It is not your knowledge of truth that meets problems or is God-power: it is the realization that God is the only power. In that realization, there are no problems to be met, there are no laws to be overcome, there are no evils to be surmounted. All these constitute the illusion of sense. If you have been reading Infinite Way writings even for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...11, Transcending Karmic Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 149K
Find Similar Documents