A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter II, Release God
- CHAPTER II RELEASE GOD Only the very courageous can embark on the spiritual journey, and only those of great strength and vision can hope to continue on this Path. Nearly twenty centuries ago, the Master made it clear that the way is straight and narrow and few there be that enter. That this is true is borne out by the fact that up to the present time very few have been able to remain on the spiritual path and continue to go forward. It is not easy to surmount superstition, ignorance, and fear, and, despite prejudice and previous failures, to set forth in search of new horizons. We cannot adopt new ideas while still clinging to the outworn beliefs of the past: we must be willing to relinquish our old concepts. That is where the courage comes in, and the daring. It takes courage to leave behind that which has proved to be unsatisfactory in our experience. It takes courage to look at ourselves objectively and ask: Have I sincerely worshiped God? Have I in some measure lived up to my convictions about God? When we turn to the search for God, we should be bold enough to ask ourselves: Am I satisfied with such answers to prayers as have been given to the world? Do I believe that such truth as has been revealed is all the truth there is, or am I seeking for something yet unknown except to those few mystics who have experienced the truth, tried to impart their knowledge, failed, and gone on their way? Man's heritage is spiritual freedom, and if the revelation of Jesus Christ has taught us nothing else, it is that we are entitled to live in the full freedom of the Spirit as children of God, not as prisoners of the mind and body. Freedom is not a condition of mind or of body: freedom is a condition of the Soul. If we do not find our freedom in Soul, we will find only limitation and bondage in our experience. Freedom cannot be given to a nation or to a race of people: freedom must first be realized in individual being, and then some measure of that freedom can be shared with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ty_ Chapter II, Release God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 135K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 8, The Way of Grace
- ~ 8 ~ THE WAY OF GRACE In the metaphysical world, the attention given the subject of supply is almost equal to the attention given the subject of health. Sometimes, however, spiritual freedom in the area of supply is not as easily attained as is freedom in the area of health. But because the basic truth about health is also the truth about supply, there should be no difference in attaining the consciousness of either supply or health. Nevertheless there seems to be; and often it is not easy to convince the human mind of the ever-availability of supply. A person may have been on the metaphysical path ten, twenty, or thirty years, but when the thought of supply comes to his mind, with it comes the thought of money, also, because to him supply and money are synonymous. Of course, they are not the same at all, but because they seem to be the same to the human mind, it is difficult to separate the one from the other. Contrary to all human belief, supply is the word of God, and unless we are receiving the word of God, we are not receiving supply. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Bread alone does not suffice. No, we live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Daily we pray for bread, but not for baker's bread. We pray for the bread that is the word of God, and the way in which we receive it is to open our consciousness to receive that Word which is the bread of life, the meat, the wine and the water. Anyone who believes that he is going to be fed permanently and abundantly by any other means than by receiving the word of God has entirely missed the way. No matter how much money a person might temporarily have, without the word of God he does not have supply: he merely has money, and it has been truly said that money has wings. Receptivity to God's Grace, Essential We do not live by money but by the grace of God, and that Grace is already within our consciousness because God constitutes our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, The Way of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 16, 1963, I-That Is All
- I - THAT IS ALL June 16, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. First of all, to those of you who are here with us today for the first time, may I welcome you for myself and for all of us in this group. You may perhaps know that we of The Infinite Way activity do not advertise or proselyte in any way, and there is a reason for this. We recognize the fact that we really have nothing to give, except to those who are led to receive it. In other words, whether or not you receive anything at all from the message of The Infinite Way is not up to us; it is strictly a matter of your own consciousness. You either recognize, receive, and respond to this message, or you do not. There is no power in the message itself, the power is in your consciousness. If the power were in the message itself, the entire world could be saved. We have been offered a gift of ten million dollars to put this message on television across the whole of the United States, but I cannot accept the gift because I do not believe the message in and of itself has that power. Only the consciousness of the individual is power, and whether a message meets your need depends upon whether or not you are receptive or responsive to it. In the same way we could take the music of Beethoven, Brahms, or Bach, or the literature of Shakespeare. They are masterpieces, but does the world enjoy them? No, only those persons in the world can enjoy them who are responsive to that level of consciousness. To others these masters have no value. We have great religious masters-Gautama the Buddha, Nanak, Christ Jesus-and we have many modern mystics from the 12th century to the present. You will notice that they are not saving the world, but they are contributing towards saving thousands of individuals who can receive them. You who may be young students of The Infinite Way will certainly find us pleasant to associate with, although we are disciplinarians. We have no rules set down for the conduct of others, but we are very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne 16, 1963, I--That Is All.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 8, The Principle
- ~ 8 ~ THE PRINCIPLE Some of you are becoming aware of the fact that a principle of spiritual living and spiritual healing, different from any of the approaches that have been given to you before, is being presented to you. That does not mean that the principle involved is something new. There is nothing new about it; it is the principle revealed by Jesus Christ, as set forth particularly in the Gospel of John. In this principle, it becomes clear to us that we do not judge the spiritual world by looking out upon the human world. Rather, we come into an awareness of what the spiritual world is, through looking out from God. "My kingdom is not of this world." 1 There is no way to judge the spiritual kingdom by looking at the appearance. When Jesus spoke of "the meat to eat that ye know not of," 2 and of the living water, we know that he was showing forth an inner principle; one which those of the world know not, for "having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not?" 3 Yet this is the principle which is capable of feeding, protecting, sustaining, and maintaining us. In this approach to spiritual living and demonstration, we stay with the word God whenever we are called upon for help. We forget, immediately, the name, the body, and the disease of the so-called patient and jump at once to the word God and then go on from there. When we turn to the word God, we say, "What is God?" The answer may come back, "God is life eternal. God is Spirit, therefore incorporeal, and without material embodiment. God is Soul. God is law." The moment that we begin to catch a slight vision of what God is, we go out from there and realize: All that God is, I am. Therefore, am I not as incorporeal-as un-material-as God? I am as immortal and as eternal in my present embodiment as God is, since God does not cast off any embodiment or body. If you stay in that line of consciousness, how can you accept any teaching which believes that there is a body left behind to be buried, while it- ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g_ Chapter 8, The Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 131K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 10, The New Dispensation
- Chapter Ten The New Dispensation The only place man has to go for anything is to the consciousness of his own being. The reason is that God is consciousness, infinite consciousness, and that Consciousness is the consciousness of individual man: yours and mine, saint and sinner, anywhere, any time. Some few have learned to go to the kingdom of God within themselves, not for things but for spiritual grace, for the things of God, for the kingdom of God. And they have found their peace, not the peace found in the things of the world or the peace that you can find on earth. The Infinite Way has revealed that God is consciousness, that Consciousness is the substance of all form, and that this infinite consciousness is your individual consciousness. You do not have a piece of It: you have all of It. The fact that you do not draw forth all of It means that you draw forth only enough to satisfy your immediate needs. Meditation Reveals Infinity When you know this, you will understand why meditation as taught in the Infinite Way will have to be introduced to the peoples of the Eastern World. It is true that meditation has always been a way of life in the East but the people there have not known the function of meditation. Most of them do not know that God constitutes individual consciousness and that the purpose of meditation is to go within to open out a way for Infinity to flow forth from within, and that it must not be looked upon as merely a religious practice or discipline. It must be looked upon as the most practical step toward harmony. If you are ever to know mental, physical, spiritual, economic harmony and freedom, even political freedom, you will know it only by drawing it forth from within your own consciousness. You must not think for a minute that there is going to be a government of men anywhere that will be dedicated solely to the interests of the people of the world so that they will receive abundance, equality, justice, and peace on earth. True, there will be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 10, The New Dispensation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 1, Living Now
- ... This truth that we have been knowing is the universal truth about all God's creation. It is not the truth about mortal man because mortal man is living in defiance of the laws of God. It is true only of that I that is living in conscious oneness with God, and we are living in that conscious oneness only when we are living the life of love, loving our neighbor as ourselves, loving our fellow man, forgiving even our persecutors and enemies. The mortal life is not of God: it is destructible. The life that is lived in the belief in good and evil is not under the law of God, and only when we live forgiveness, live in sharing and giving, are we living the God-life, that incorporeal, spiritual life that is indestructible, the life that not even flames can destroy or swords pierce. This life which we bring to our remembrance when we realize the true meaning of I is our God-given, immortal life, and we live it through love, and only through love. When selfishness, greed, lust, animality, hate, envy, and jealousy are permitted entrance into our consciousness, we are living a life apart from God, a life which has no support from God, and therefore a life which must come to an end. We can reject that human sense of life by renouncing the personal sense of self which is characterized by a lack of love, a lack of justice, or a lack of benevolence; and we can accept the I that is one with God, the I that is the Spirit of God that has come as our individual being that we might have life, and that we might share this life through love and forgiveness, by releasing everyone from all obligations to us, through praying for others, and through knowing the truth. "Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 16 . . . This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." 17 Love-this is the heritage, this is the nature of the I that we are. Since "I and my Father are one," my whole reliance is on Him, on the I that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now_ Chapter 1, Living Now.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 6, The Infinite Way Concept of God
- CHAPTER 6 THE INFINITE WAY CONCEPT OF GOD Let us start with the realization that we do not know God. It is not always easy to admit this. When the inner unfoldment came to me that I did not know God, I remember I found it quite insulting. I thought I had a very good idea of God. When the V oice told me I did not know God, I was already in the healing ministry and was achieving some measure of success in it. But when the V oice tells you something, there is no use arguing with It because It knows best! There was only one thing to do, and that was to acknowledge that I did not know God aright. In The Oxford Book of English Mystical Work, the revelations of English mystics, from the earliest to the most modern times, are given, showing how God revealed Himself or Itself to them and how they became acquainted with God and were able to be at peace forever after. So let us begin anew and admit that we do not know God. Let us ask ourselves, "How can I come into an understanding of the nature of God?" I cannot reveal it to you, and you cannot reveal it to me. In these past years, I may have had many wonderful experiences with God, and yet I cannot convey to you what God is. In your own experience, you may have marvelous experiences with God, actually coming face-to-face with God, but that will not enable you to tell someone else what God is. There is only one way we may be taught of God. Only God can reveal to us what He is, and each one must learn it from the Kingdom of God within himself or herself. In case you do not know why I say, "Turn within," let me refer you again to the Master, who tells us that the Kingdom of God is within you. Therefore, whatever it is that you seek, seek it within you or you will not find it. So we seek the Kingdom of God within ourselves; we seek within ourselves to understand the nature of God. We do this by turning within during our quiet periods of the day or night and speaking to God and asking Him, "God, reveal Thyself," just as the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Infinite Way Concept of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 3, The Truth That Makes Free
- ~ 3 ~ THE TRUTH THAT MAKES FREE During the days of the early Hebrews, the high priests and rabbis were never permitted to divulge truth to the people, so there was a long period when no one had access to truth except the few who had attained a sufficient degree of spiritualized consciousness to be able to grasp it. Moses knew the truth, but because he believed that only those who had reached a high state of consciousness were prepared to understand and demonstrate it, he permitted it to be known only by those who had attained the rank of high priest. It was Jesus' conviction, however, that truth should be given to mankind; it should be revealed so that everyone would be free, because to know the truth does set one completely free of physical, mental, moral, and financial limitations. He, therefore, went out into Judea and taught in the synagogues, by the wayside, by the seaside, in the mountains, and in the plains-wherever two or more would gather together to hear him and he revealed the truth to them. Jesus was crucified for telling that truth, just as throughout all generations those who have dared to tell the truth have suffered crucifixion, if not always an outward crucifixion, at least a figurative one. Men of power are afraid to let the masses know about the truth. The authorities, whether ecclesiastical or political, cannot afford to permit the world to become enlightened because when men know the truth it makes them free and they can no longer be controlled. In order, therefore, to be sure that control is maintained over the people, it is necessary to keep them in ignorance of truth. When Christ Jesus revealed truth to his followers, evidently the truth registered with a few-only a very few, but nevertheless a few-and healing work was carried on for the next three centuries. But the principle of truth was again lost. There was dissension within the Christian movement: there was one faction headed by Paul who felt that truth should be made available to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Truth That Makes Free.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Basis of Understanding
- BASIS OF UNDERSTANDING "My kingdom is not of this world." "Cease ye from man whose breath is in his nostrils." "God is no respecter of persons." HERE WE leave behind old landmarks, but whether we will be glad to see them disappear depends on how firmly we grasp the new idea. We start out from a well-known city - a familiar state of consciousness. We know where we are - we know well the routine of affirmations, denials, formulas, set prayers given us by others to memorize and repeat. In our present state of unfolding consciousness we have lots of props upon which to lean. We can always fall back upon statements uttered by wise men of old and newer ones by men and women of our own time. We can even call upon that ancient cliché in times of trouble, "Leave it to God." There are well worn prayers and statements in the Bible; there are well known prayers and formulas in modern metaphysical writings. Yes, our present state of consciousness gives us much on which to lean. When, however, as now, we agree to leave old landmarks, we enter a state of consciousness with but few guide posts and even fewer aids. In this new land you will find yourself much alone with God. It will become necessary to make your direct contact with infinite Being - with the infinity of your own being. It will no longer help you to talk about God, pray up to God, lean on God, think about God; now you must become one with God; you must consciously "feel" your oneness and receive direct illumination, guidance. At first when you close your eyes in silence, there may be a sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach as you realize that here you are - at last - alone with God and God nowhere yet in sight or hearing. It may be like swimming in an ocean and all of a sudden realizing that you have gone out of sight of land with no guide post to tell you which direction to head for. The first experience when you turn into the silence without words, thoughts or statements, can be very confusing and doubt ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure_ Basis of Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 15, Mental Power
- ... Now, when I tell you that this is tragic, you must understand why: The power of God is all good and no one can ever use the power of God for a selfish purpose, for a personal purpose, or for a destructive purpose. It cannot be done. The nature of God is good, the nature of God is love, the nature of God is life eternal, and no one on the face of the globe will ever be able to pray, or to make use of spiritual power for a selfish or destructive purpose. That is why so many of the so-called prayers of the world are powerless: prayers to do this for me, or for my child, or for my nation, or for my soldiers. There cannot be answers to such prayers because God cannot be used in that way. God is universal good, the same today, tomorrow, and forever. And in the sight of God there is "neither Greek nor Jew, bond nor free"; and anyone who attempts by any manner or means to utilize the power of God for a personal, selfish, or destructive purpose might just as well be touching a hot wire-they are on their way to self-destruction. God is no respecter of persons. God's rain falls on the just and the unjust. God's presence is the power of forgiveness to every phase of discord, whatever its name or nature. Now, this minister was not mistaken that plants did grow and were destroyed. His mistake was believing that it was spiritual power, or prayer, or contact with God that was responsible for the result. But God wasn't. Anyone could duplicate that experiment. It is entirely mental. No one really knows the extent of the power of the mind. No one has ever experimented enough to learn what the actual power of the mind is. I had the pleasure and privilege of being with a teacher who taught me how to leave this body and how to travel to any part of the globe I wanted to see. And for many years I enjoyed that experience, wandering out into this world practically every night-not that it proved anything from a spiritual standpoint. It merely proved that the mind is not encased in the body. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ Chapter 15, Mental Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 122K
Find Similar Documents