The Only Freedom: Chapter 1, A Message for the New Year
- T Chapter One A Message for the New Year his is the time of year when you wish all those with whom you come in contact a happy New Year. You should realize that in doing this you are not benefiting those to whom you wish this happy New Year, nor are you doing anything to bring them a happy New Year by your wishing them one. Under certain conditions, however, you, yourself, are benefiting by wishing other people a happy New Year, but you must know what those certain conditions are. No one can bring a happy or prosperous New Year to another or a joyous one. Only the individual can do that for himself. Determining Factors in Achieving a Happy New Year You can wish a person a happy New Year but it will do nothing for him. The only thing that will ensure a happy New Year for him is whether or not he is living in accord with loving the Lord, his God, with all his soul, all his heart, and all his mind, and loving his neighbor as himself. To the extent of his violation of that he cannot have the happy New Year that you might wish him and would like for him to have. You cannot give it to anyone. Only he, himself, can determine the degree of the happiness of the New Year, and he determines that by the degree of his loving God and his neighbor as himself. Those are the determining factors in whether or not he will have a happy New Year. But this must not stop you from wishing a person a happy New Year because in the degree that you are wishing for others a happy New Year, in that degree are you loving your neighbor as yourself, in that degree are you loving God, and in that degree are you fulfilling the terms that will ensure you, yourself, a happy and prosperous New Year. But there is one catch to it and this is the one for which you must watch. Embrace All Mankind in Your Good Wishes When you wish a person a happy New Year, be sure that in your mind you are not wishing him personally a happy New Year, but that you are including all mankind, recognizing that every person is a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... A Message for the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 121K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 12, Good Unfolding as the Activity of Individual Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOOD UNFOLDING AS THE ACTIVITY OF INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS Let us begin to tie in the threads-these threads of consciousness-in order to form a strong cord of realization and understanding, and bring this down to practical application, in other words, have the Word become flesh. Our effort, our desire, our prayer, is to understand God. That means to understand infinity, eternality, and immortality. Since God is the subject of our work, of our understanding, and of our revelation, then infinity, immortality, and eternality must be the nature of its effect in our experience. It may not be that today or tomorrow or next week-or even next year-we shall demonstrate the fullness of God, the allness of God. But God is all; God is infinite, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient; and in the degree of our awareness of that, we will bring forth those quantities and qualities of allness. Just because we have not completed our demonstration of the ascension does not mean that we have not caught the vision of God. Having caught that vision of God, we can go forward with patience to that time when the allness of God is revealed in the experience of ascension above the whole world of belief. It was only during the final moments of Jesus' ministry that he could say, "I have overcome the world." 1 So it will only be in the moment of ascension, in the moment when the fullness of realization comes to us, that we, too, can say, "I have overcome the world." But that is no excuse on our part to delay the climb-the unfoldment or revelation. There is no excuse for us to wait until the day of retirement when we shall have more time, or until the day of death when we shall have still more time. Our day begins now. And if that day is followed each succeeding day with a continued unfoldment of consciousness, there will be no such thing as a day of death: There will be a continuous experience of unfolding good. All of you who have caught this vision of God as consciousness and of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Individual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 4, The Power of Resurrection
- ~ 4 ~ THE POWER OF RESURRECTION History is filled with accounts of man's attempts to find a power that will be stronger than his fears, and with which he can surmount the fears that make of his life one long nightmare. Every nation has sought to free itself from fear by amassing tremendous concentrations of armaments, but what has been the result of this attempt to settle the world's fears by the use of more and more power? The fears remain, and the enemies! Practically all fears that ever touch an individual, as well as the fears that touch the life of his nation, are related in some way and to some extent to the one word "power": the dreaded power of bombs, the hated power of dictators, or the frightening power inherent in economic cycles. Always there is some power to be feared. Let us suppose right now that we were to withdraw power from the things or persons that we fear, or suppose that we were to withdraw fear from the powers that we fear. Suppose that for just a single moment we could give up the word "power" in thinking of our personal, national, and international relationships. To make this concrete, let us bring it down to ourselves and consider what would happen if you and I determined to live in a relationship in which we never used the word "power," never thought of any power that we have over one another, or of using a power to get our way or to enforce our will. Under such a relationship, I would want to live in harmony with you, and you would want to live in harmony with me, but we would no longer have access to any power. In other words, we would have no way of enforcing our will, desire, or hopes. Where would we be then in relationship to one another, with each of us desiring harmony, peace, joy, and friendship, and yet no longer being able to promise or threaten each other? By withdrawing the word "power" from our experience, and all that it implies, it would seem that we have placed ourselves in an absolutely defenseless position. To continue ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Power of Resurrection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 142K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter One, The Mystery of the Invisible
- CHAPTER ONE THE MYSTERY OF THE INVISIBLE All through the ages men have sought to understand the mystery of life. They have searched for that something called the secret of life, particularly the secret of success and happiness; and like those who sought for the Holy Grail, they have looked for it every place in the world except where it is to be found. The truly successful people of life are not readily identified because, while it is easy to find the person who has acquired the most millions or the one who has gained the greatest fame in some area, it is not always easy to find those who have attained real success. Success should bring happiness, and especially inner peace and security. True success means something far different from the mere acquisition of things or the attainment of personal power or glory. Spiritual living may carry with it just as much of fame and fortune as material living. These are acquired, first of all, not as the goal, but as the added things; secondly, not from without, but from within through an understanding of their Source. In material living, whatever can be gained from without is of necessity limited, but there is absolutely no limit to the attainment of a person who has discovered the secret of the inner life. Therein lies the difference between material and spiritual living. The secret of the inner life is revealed through meditation, which, in its earliest stages, is an act of conscious awareness whereby we make contact with an area of consciousness within ourselves, which is actually the storehouse of our live. There was a time when man was a pure, spiritual being, when he lived entirely from within himself, when his thoughts always remained at the center of his being, and life flowed out from within. Ideas came from within, means of action came from within, and whenever there was an apparent need, all that he had to do was to close his eyes, go within, and let it come forth into expression. We have no actual knowledge of this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Mystery of the Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:55- 105K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1957, Tithing with Melchisedeo
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER Tithing with Melchisedec THE scriptural record of the birth of Christ Jesus is the account of a little child, born to a very insignificant couple with no status in the world, a Jewish carpenter and his wife, who are on their way to Jerusalem to bring tithes for the annual celebration at the temple. If you read this story with the eyes of the world, you will miss its real importance. Here are two obscure and unknown people to whom a child is born, and yet instantly something unusual takes place: Wise men come to pay homage to that child, and they come bringing their choicest gifts. From every direction, people come, all of them bringing gifts in recognition of That to which they are paying homage. Neither Mary nor Joseph made any effort to attract such attention to themselves, and certainly the baby could do nothing but lie there, perhaps crying a little and sleeping a great deal more. Yet, without a single effort, people came from near and far to bring their offerings, their worship, and their adoration. No infant of itself is of such importance as to attract that amount of attention. Usually only parents, grandparents, brothers, or sisters are drawn to an infant. Then what was it that drew unto this particular baby the wise men and worshippers from great distances except that which this babe represented? Something was present in this child and that Something was the Christ. It was not the child, itself, which brought such adoration to it, but the Christ of which this child was the embodiment. There is a Presence and a Power which human beings can never explain and which human beings can never see. Only wise men, those of an illumined state of consciousness, can perceive spiritual entity embodied in a little child. Only those gifted with spiritual wisdom could know or be drawn to that spiritual light. When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled. . . . And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...7, Tithing with Melchisedeo.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 152K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1957, Understanding The Body
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH Understanding the Body THE secret of life is right identification. Right identification changes your life the very moment that you have a conscious awareness of your true identity and begin to embody it, the very moment that you recognize and realize: I am life eternal. I do not have to get knowledge of eternal life from a book: A book will not make my life eternal. I do not have to go to man whose breath is in his nostrils to learn something that will give me more life, youth, or vitality. No, all that any book or any man can do for me is to teach me that I already am that which I am seeking. That which I am seeking, I am; all that God is, I am because "I and my Father are one." 1 The moment we realize: "I am life eternal; I am pure Spirit, pure consciousness," the question immediately arises, "But what about this body?" This is a mystery that has heretofore been unexplained. With the exception of the writings of The Infinite Way, there is no literature in the world which I have ever discovered that discusses this subject thoroughly. It is one of the deep mysteries of the philosophical and spiritual world. Attempting to arrive at a satisfactory understanding of this subject through the intellect is almost an impossibility, due to the fact that the subject of body deals with contradictions, not only the contradictions found in philosophical and spiritual literature, but contradictions in Scripture as well. Nobody who has tried to resolve these contradictions through the mind, that is, through the reasoning faculties or the intellect, has ever been able to come to any kind of a satisfactory conclusion. The explanation of this enigma came to light in my consciousness during a closed class, and it came flowing out by pure inspiration. I knew nothing about it until that minute when it poured out. I was not consciously aware even of having known all the passages of Scripture that came pouring out with it. It is this revelation that I would share with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...957, Understanding The Body.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 157K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 7, Except the Lord Build the House
- Chapter Seven Except the Lord Build the House A real student of the Infinite Way feels that there is nothing more important in life than the development of spiritual consciousness, getting to know God and living the life of prayer, meditation, and communion with God. Such a student soon learns that there is rich fruitage as a result of living in this way. There is better health and more abundant supply; there is greater success in human activities; there are greater capacities revealed-mental, moral, and physical-in students who really work and live with this message. Even though students realize that and see the outer fruitage, many of them are never satisfied until they have gone a long, long way on the spiritual path developing their own inner capacities. If a person feels that way, what is more natural than to want to share the message with a neighbor, a friend, or a relative? What is more natural than to help someone else find his spiritual source? What is more natural than to want to send one's children out into the world imbued with the spirit of God? There surely cannot be an adult student of the Infinite Way who does not feel that the greatest gift he could give his child would be a knowledge of God, an acquaintanceship with God, and an ability to commune with God. The Fruitage of Conscious Union with God When a man lives consciously one with his source, he bears rich fruitage in health, harmony, inner peace, joy, prosperity, and all kinds of human relationships, not by virtue of himself, but because the grace of God hangs rich fruitage on him in the form of supply, health, home, and happy relationships. He is merely the place through which God is expressing His infinite abundance of all things. We have had years of witnessing what happens to those who live consciously one with God. Looking out at this human scene, we know that human beings living separate and apart from their conscious union with God are sick or well, have accidents or do not have them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pt the Lord Build the House.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 9, Daily Preparation for Spiritual Living
- ~ 9 ~ DAILY PREPARATION FOR SPIRITUAL LIVING The young student-the beginning student-should realize that there are specific principles that constitute the message of the Infinite Way. If these principles are not understood and practiced, the Infinite Way remains in the category of a philosophy, just an interesting approach to life, something to read about and then put on the shelf. But that is in no sense what the Infinite Way is. The Infinite Way is a living experience, practical for use in everyday life. It has been said many times, and claimed by many persons, that the teaching of Jesus Christ is so impractical that it could not possibly be adapted to our modern way of life. This seems strange when we remember that, according to biblical accounts, this so-called impractical way of life healed the sick, raised the dead, provided supply for those who needed it, stilled the storm, and brought peace where there had been discord. This way of life has been called impractical, and yet nothing in the religious history of the world has ever been quite so practical as was Jesus' teaching. It was difficult, but it was practical. And so in these modern days, we, too, will find that living as the Master taught is difficult, but also that it is practical. The fact that a religious teaching can bring about the healing of physical and mental ills, that it can lead to an increased sense of supply and can provide safety and security, that it can bring an inner peace and a release from the world's major problems, and even some solution to these problems, warrants calling that teaching practical. Students Must Never Advance Beyond the Principles Although the Infinite Way is one of the most practical of teachings, it is difficult for the beginner because there must be an understanding of the basic principles, and then there must be a practice of them until the student develops an actual consciousness which makes it possible to let go of any strenuous attempts to make these principles ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ration for Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 138K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 21, Living in the Light
- ... It is exactly as if this room were filled with God but no one was aware of it, they were in darkness or sin or disease or lack-as if there were no God in this room. Then one individual realizes, "God is. I Am. God is closer to me man breathing, nearer than hands and feet. I and the Father are one . . . and all that the Father hath is mine. The Lord is my shepherd here and now." And one can rest, can be still, and be a transparency-then the presence and power of God can penetrate the consciousness of those who are in darkness. At the beginning of our prayer we do use words and thoughts leading up to that final stage of realization. As we do world work, thinking of those in this world who are influenced by evil, those who are outlets for evil, we realize, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do." Let us not hold them in condemnation either, but open their consciousness to this light that they may be freed of whatever it is that binds them to personal sense. With that, there is the removal of condemnation because we have declared that it is not sin, it is merely ignorance. It is not darkness, but an absence of light. So in our forgiveness, in our understanding of the impersonal nature of all evil, we are a transparency through which this transcendental presence can function in the consciousness of the world. You never know where it touches or whom it touches. You have no way of knowing how the light, which reaches earth through the transparency of those in prayer, influences legislation, how it changes decisions. You have no idea how far-reaching it is. That is why some who have attained the light do retire from this world in order, as they would phrase it, to live the life of prayer for the world-not for individuals, but for breaking down the duality in human consciousness. By remaining in their caves or remaining in their little homes somewhere alone, they permit themselves, by praying without ceasing, to be a transparency through which the light comes. And ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 21, Living in the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter One, The New Life by Grace
- CHAPTER ONE THE NEW LIFE BY GRACE This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households. Deuteronomy 12:7 God is pouring Itself* forth and expressing Itself as harmonious being and as a harmonious universe. The world, however, is not enjoying the harmony of that universe or the harmony of God's being, but that is not because God is withholding that harmony from anyone. There is no God that can be induced to do anything especially for you or for me, no God that will move out of Its orbit to do something for any one person that It is not at this very moment doing for everybody, whether or not all the everybodies avail themselves of what God is giving them so freely. As you read this, review in your mind these questions: Do you believe that God is withholding anything from you? Do you believe that there is a God who can give you something, but at this particular moment is not giving it to you? Do you believe that? Is there anything that the hand of God is withholding from you? Is there any way that you can reach God to get God to loose something that you would like to have, and give it to you? Most of the religious teachings of the world are based upon the belief that there is a way to influence God and thereby persuade God to act on our behalf. And now I ask you, do you believe that? Do you believe that you can find a way in which you can coerce God, influence or bribe Him with money, prayers, sacrifices, tithes, or with promises to be good? Do you believe that any of this influences God on your behalf? Do you believe that there is a way to open God's hand and make it let loose of the blessings which you think He is withholding from you? Release yourself from the belief that there is a God withholding anything from anybody, anywhere, for any reason. God is not giving something to one race and withholding it from another or to one church and withholding it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... One, The New Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 133K
Find Similar Documents