Practicing the Presence: Chapter II, Demonstrate God
- CHAPTER II DEMONSTRATE GOD What are we seeking? Is it God that we are seeking, or are we seeking some thing from God? The very moment that we are looking for a home or companionship, the moment we are looking for supply or employment, the moment we are looking for healing, we are seeking amiss. Until we have God, we have nothing; but the very moment we have God, we have all there is in the world. There is no such thing as God and. To seek for supply, health, or companionship is an impossibility spiritually, because spiritually, there are no such things. Spiritually, there is only God; but in attaining God, we attain all that God is, that is, God appearing as all form. Let us not seek the forms of God but seek the allness of God, and in seeking the allness of God, we shall have all the forms necessary to our own unfoldment. Nothing is more important than this point: Are we seeking a realization of God, or are we trying to reach God in order to get something through God? When we come to any spiritual study, nearly always in the beginning we are seeking some good for ourselves. It may be a healing-physical, mental, moral, financial-or it may be peace of mind; but whatever it is, as a rule, we are seeking it for ourselves. Very quickly, however, we discover that as the light of the Spirit touches us, it is of benefit not only to ourselves but also to the world. The person who is studying and practicing the presence of God soon has no problems, no needs, and no desires. Those things which are necessary for his health and supply have a way of taking care of themselves. God is working out Its life as our life. God is individual life. God is working out Its life in what appears to be the form of our lives. God is working out Its life as our individual consciousness. God is working out Its plan in us and through us. In this knowledge we relax and become beholders. It is no longer our life: It is God's life unfolding individually. God appears on earth as individual you and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter II, Demonstrate God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 11, Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ CONSCIOUSNESS All that exists in the objectified realm is the creation or emanation of consciousness. Consciousness is the basic substance from which all manifestation issues forth. All that is, is the expression or formation of consciousness. It is consciousness that is the creative and governing principle of all forms and expressions, whether animate or inanimate, and which maintains and sustains its creation now and forever. We must learn to view life from this standpoint, and then we will not too highly value anything in the manifested or objectified universe, knowing as we do, that the power of manifestation and jurisdiction is not in the objectified realm, but in the consciousness which has objectified itself as the universe. "Destroy this temple, and in three days I (consciousness) will raise it up." 1 As there can be but one intelligence, one consciousness, it is your consciousness which is continually creating and re-creating your world, your experiences, your activity, your supply, and your environment. Your consciousness is the principle of your universe, and your universe is harmonious and successful in proportion to your realization of this truth. Conscious thought is not God, is not creator. Conscious thought is but the tool with which consciousness operates. "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?" 2 Taking thought is not the way of consciousness. Affirmations and denials are in the realm of human thought and do not express Deity. Consciousness alone is God. However, it is made known to human sense through thought, but thought itself is not the actor. It is the activity through which we become aware of the action and its effects, which is creation. We must realize that our existence is the continuous and harmonious expression of spirit only in the degree that we learn to "be still," learn to "take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on." We must "consider the lilies" ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 11, Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:44- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 8, The Nature of Error
- ~ 8 ~ THE NATURE OF ERROR Good Evening. You will remember last week we started on two major principles which are unique to the message of the Infinite Way and upon which the healing principles are established. As you know, the subject of healing is a broad one, and these days it includes not only spiritual healing but also mental healing, psychological healing, and faith healing. Today, all of these are embraced under the title of spiritual healing. This is natural because when metaphysical healing was introduced to the world, it was first introduced as "mind healing," which certainly signifies mental healing. Then, later on, the word mind became divine mind with a capital M, and it became a synonym for Spirit. And so, divine mind healing and spiritual healing are now one, yet really meaning mental healing and spiritual healing. Eventually mental healing and spiritual healing became so mixed that all metaphysical healing was a combination of mental and spiritual activity. There is no exact dividing line in metaphysical healing between the mental and the spiritual because you will find in the literature of healing work that the mental argument, the activity of the mind, enters into spiritual healing as does Spirit itself. Later, when the idea of spiritual healing started to become popular, evangelical healers, who were known as faith healers, also adopted the term spiritual healing which was their right because they were working with the Bible and with prayer. So they were fully entitled to use the term spiritual healing. And then another form of healing sprang up which was called spiritualistic healing, that is, healing by mediums through contact with individuals who have passed on. There is a good deal of this practice in the United States, but even more in England. Then spiritualistic lost its suffix, and that practice became known as spiritual healing. And so when you hear the term spiritual healing, do not jump to the conclusion that you know exactly what it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 8, The Nature of Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1955, The Deep Pool of Your Being
- ... Had the Master not been able to step aside sufficiently to know that "I can of mine own self do nothing," and had the word "I" entered His demonstration in any way, the miracles could not have taken place. This brings us back to our first point: God is individual consciousness (the consciousness of you and me) and therefore the storehouse of infinity is within you. You cannot draw it forth-you can get out of the way, make the contact, and let it flow forth! In order to understand this properly it is necessary that you first overcome time and space. You must remember that none of this has anything to do with yesterday. None of yesterday's virtues will help you achieve this realization today, and none of yesterday's sins will prevent proving it today. Your yesterday's, whether for good or evil, have nothing to do with today's spiritual unfoldment. You must rise in consciousness above any sense of limitation, and each time you turn to the within in an earnest sense of self-forgiveness and Self- realization the yesterdays are blotted out. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow," and because the nature of the Christ is forgiveness, until seventy times seven, even were you to sin again you will be "as white as snow" the moment you return. As long as you earnestly and sincerely follow this path for the purpose of "forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," and ". . . press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus," even though mistakes cling and must be risen above again and again, nevertheless there will come that day of complete attainment when there will be no going back to the yesterdays. You do not live on yesterday's manna. It is necessary that you make this contact almost hourly throughout each day until that glorious moment when It takes over and says, "I am with you," and eventually on to the end of the road where It says, "I am you." Until that day ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Deep Pool of Your Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:12- 143K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 10, Meditation on Life by Grace
- ~ 10 ~ MEDITATION ON LIFE BY GRACE The greatest spiritual blessings that come into your experience are not brought about so much by what you know of truth as by the degree of silence you can maintain. What you know of truth, that is, of the letter of truth, acts only as a foundation for the real demonstration of spiritual living. Beyond a few simple statements of truth which every truth student must understand and realize, there is little of an intricate or difficult nature that one has to know so far as knowing truth is concerned. The difficult part comes in developing a state of consciousness which enables him to be inwardly still. Except for the realization of the true nature of prayer, which carries with it the understanding that God does not have to be appealed to or used, and the understanding that all the presence, substance, power, and law of God are where you are, silence is far more valuable than all the speech and all the teaching that can be given. That is why a person can usually do far greater work as a practitioner than as a teacher because a teacher is constantly being called upon to speak, and what he says sometimes deflects from the inward realization that God is. To be able to abide in the is-ness of God is far better than all the teaching or talking in the world. It is not what a person says that does the greater works: it is the quiet, peaceful realization. The first and very simple rule is not to reach out to God for something, to be sure that you do not believe you need a God-power, and to realize constantly that your only need is for the realization of God's grace. Aside from that, the less talking you do about what you know the better for you and for those you are helping. This is especially true for those who are teachers because it is when they are not teaching that they are living closest to their spiritual center. Then, they are not thinking and speaking through the mind, saying things that oftentimes sound foolish. Words always sound ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Meditation on Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 142K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Ye Are the Light
- This Being is all-inclusive life, love, substance, law and reality. You do not any more get at-one with Truth, or seek some truth with which to meet a need, but you realize with infinite joy, "I am the truth." "Ye are the light of the world." As you rest in this consciousness, you will no longer find it necessary to overcome evil-destroy error-wrestle or rise above error. As the light, there is no "above" or "below"-you fill all space. As the light, darkness vanishes as you approach it and you have no consciousness of the darkness that has been dispelled, not any more than intelligence can be aware of the ignorance it displaces. As there is but one Mind, remember that your thoughts, feelings, emotions are constantly being broadcast to the world. The world does not read your mind so as to be consciously aware of specific thoughts; nevertheless, it is attracted or repelled (without being consciously aware of it) by the general tenor of your thinking. Therefore, let your consciousness be filled with forgiveness, joy. Behold the universe as it is, sharing, cooperating, understanding. Constantly be the eternal Giver in action-not merely giving what is deserved, or earned, or won, but giving because the need appears; giving regardless of the so-called worthiness of the individual. Keep your consciousness free of judgment, criticism, condemnation, doubt, fear, discouragement. Think and voice error as little as you can. Consciously control your thought in the direction of I AM: "I" am the light; "I" am supply; "I" am intelligence; "I" am free. This I AM is the universal Being, your Christ-Self; your true identity, the only one you have. We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only ONE Life. This Life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless and changeless; it is the individual expression of that ONE divine Life. In other words, divine Life is our life. It contains no element of matter, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Goldsmith_ Ye Are the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 5, Illumination through Meditation
- ... You will live in that realization, letting all these other things be added, because the illumined mind really is the substance of fulfillment at every level of our existence, even on the most practical level. That mind was practical enough to multiply loaves and fishes for the Master; that mind was practical enough to bring forth manna for Moses, and water, and open out a way through the wilderness for him. That mind was so practical for Elijah that he was fed, even in the wilderness, sometimes by birds bringing food to him. That mind that was in Christ Jesus is the most practical mind there is in all the world. There were miracles of healing, of forgiveness of sin, of supply, of freedom, of peace that came to everyone who touched not only the Master, but many of his disciples and some of the apostles. The most practical way of life that has ever been known is found in attaining that mind. Resist the Temptation To Change the Human Picture The way of attainment is through meditation. ... He left it with God to destroy whatever was not right, but in doing so neither the woman nor the man was destroyed. The only thing that was destroyed was the sin, and it was not a thing. When you take yourself to God, God eliminates everything that is not right, and yet God does not destroy anything, because there is nothing about us that is not right that exists as a thing or as a person. When the Master seemingly destroyed the fig tree, he was illustrating a principle of the spiritual life. When a person who is indulging human evil seeks forgiveness, repentance, or a turning from the evil, the spirit of God cleanses, purifies, and removes from him not only the evil, but the possibilities of evil and the punishment of evil, so though his sins were scarlet, they are white as snow. 19 When the Christ touches an individual who wishes to continue in the evil, however, that individual can be destroyed-but not by God. He destroys himself by holding himself up against that presence and power ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...mination through Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 12, God Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOD CONSCIOUSNESS NOW, YOU HAVE FOLLOWED ALONG with me in these talks and have heard the foundation of the message, namely, that everything begins with the understanding of God, and without the knowledge of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, there is no spiritual life. The worship of God as something or someone afar off has separated man from his spiritual life throughout the ages. This worship of a distant God that must be appealed to, must be petitioned, or must be told our needs; all of this has separated us from the actual presence and power of God. In these "latter days" we are beginning to understand that God is, as the poet said, one who hears: "Closer is he than breathing, nearer than hands and feet." 1 In other words, in confirmation of the teaching of Jesus, the kingdom of God is within you. We have learned that God is divine mind; that God is life eternal; that God is more than all this-God is the life and the mind of individual you and me. And this is where we have made our first gain over the ancients: We have not merely learned that God is principle, we have not merely learned that God is soul or consciousness, but we have learned that God is the consciousness and soul of me, the very spirit, the animating principle and law of my being. Unless one clearly perceives this truth that, "I and the Father are one," 2 he will not understand why it is or how it is that, "All that the Father has is mine." 3 The longer you perpetuate God as something separate and apart from yourself, the longer you will be seeking to get your allness from that God. In proportion, however, as you realize that God is closer to us than breathing, that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you" 4 and "I and the Father are one," to that degree will you realize that all that the Father has is yours. Therefore you do not have to pray for it. Prayer becomes not an asking of God but a realization of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 10, God Dominion: Not Man's Domination
- ... God proves to be a God of love by the ministry It sent forth through Christ Jesus. "I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." 9 The will of the Father that Jesus sets forth is: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give" 10 -not murder people, not call them home with disease and accidents, not inflict punishment such as being stoned to death, or the age-old law of an-eye-for-an- eye-and-a-tooth-for-a-tooth. The God, Jesus taught is love, but this God evidences that love through healing, through forgiving, even unto seventy times seven, those who are instruments for evil in any and every form. To every one of them the message is: Come unto Me; drop your burdens at My feet; let Me take upon Myself your burdens. Drop these burdens at My feet, for I am love, I am forgiveness, I am the bread, and the meat, and the wine, and the water. I am the resurrection. Our Sowing Determines ... I could forgive the woman taken in adultery; I could forgive the thief on the cross; I could forgive the boy born blind; I could forgive his adulterous parents; so I can forgive you. I in the midst of you can forgive you, because I am here in the midst of you that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly. Only obey My commandments: forgive those who persecute you; forgive those who wrong you; forgive them seventy times seven, even as I forgive you. Does not the Lord's prayer show us how to pray? "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." 16 We live the law of forgiveness as we want the law of forgiveness to operate for us. We live the law of love as we want the law of love to operate for us. Above all, let us recognize that I, God, is in the midst of us, and I am here that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly. I am here to feed you when you are hungry; I am here to heal you if you are sick, and to forgive you if you are in sin. I am here to lead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inion_ Not Man's Domination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 7, The Law
- ~ 7 ~ THE LAW "The real jurisdiction of the world is in Mind, controlling every effect and recognizing all causation as vested in divine Mind." 1 Fruitful activity is an activity of mind; therefore, it is infinite, omnipresent, and never dependent on person or circumstance. Whatever intelligence, education, experience we may have has been given us of God and includes the opportunity for expression. We naturally include within ourselves, within our own consciousness, right activity and the opportunity for expressing that activity. Mind and its manifestation is one. Wherever there is mind, there is manifestation for they are one. This truth corrects the belief that we are ever separate or apart from our good. We include, embody, embrace within our consciousness all good. "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 2 Nothing can be added to or taken from us. The one thing you must keep in thought is this: "The kingdom of God is within you." 3 Never should you look to anything or anyone for that which you seem to lack, but as soon as a need seems to become apparent, know that right then and there that which seems to be lacking exists as completed demonstration within you. As you acquire the habit of continually looking within your consciousness for the fulfillment of all needs, you will find that in a natural, normal way the fulfillment will appear. The human thought looks outside itself for peace, power, supply, but truth reveals that the divine mind is your only mind, and in this mind your completed experience is evident, and always as manifestation. There is no need to pray to God for anything. He continually pours forth his bounty as all that is required for your harmonious existence. This principle, or law, prevents evil in any form from touching you. If you will constantly practice throughout the day what has been written so far (until it becomes a veritable part of your consciousness), you will very quickly see things begin to happen. In this way ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 7, The Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:42- 127K
Find Similar Documents