The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 10, God Dominion: Not Man's Domination
- ... God proves to be a God of love by the ministry It sent forth through Christ Jesus. "I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." 9 The will of the Father that Jesus sets forth is: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give" 10 -not murder people, not call them home with disease and accidents, not inflict punishment such as being stoned to death, or the age-old law of an-eye-for-an- eye-and-a-tooth-for-a-tooth. The God, Jesus taught is love, but this God evidences that love through healing, through forgiving, even unto seventy times seven, those who are instruments for evil in any and every form. To every one of them the message is: Come unto Me; drop your burdens at My feet; let Me take upon Myself your burdens. Drop these burdens at My feet, for I am love, I am forgiveness, I am the bread, and the meat, and the wine, and the water. I am the resurrection. Our Sowing Determines ... I could forgive the woman taken in adultery; I could forgive the thief on the cross; I could forgive the boy born blind; I could forgive his adulterous parents; so I can forgive you. I in the midst of you can forgive you, because I am here in the midst of you that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly. Only obey My commandments: forgive those who persecute you; forgive those who wrong you; forgive them seventy times seven, even as I forgive you. Does not the Lord's prayer show us how to pray? "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." 16 We live the law of forgiveness as we want the law of forgiveness to operate for us. We live the law of love as we want the law of love to operate for us. Above all, let us recognize that I, God, is in the midst of us, and I am here that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly. I am here to feed you when you are hungry; I am here to heal you if you are sick, and to forgive you if you are in sin. I am here to lead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inion_ Not Man's Domination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 11, Making Your Contact with God
- ... I have received only one grain and there is all the rest of the sand on all the beaches of the world for me to go before I ever get to the place of saying, "Stop, Lord, I have enough." I pray, too, every day: "Give me daily bread." But I don't mean food, I mean more of this light, more illumination, more conscious awareness of God's presence. "Fill me more with the spirit of God. Illumine me." That is what Jesus meant when he said, "Give us this day our daily bread." Asking God to Forgive for Us When the Master prayed, "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors," 3 it is not likely that he was asking to be forgiven in the way we think of forgiveness. He was probably indicating that we are forgiven as we forgive, and he may have been praying for more grace to be able to give more forgiveness. Well do I remember an experience when I was called upon to rise above a very disagreeable experience concerning one of the students. The hurt was deep for the moment, and it was bad medicine to have to take. In my meditation when the word came to forgive, I answered, "Oh, Father, that's more than I can do. I just haven't risen that high yet. I cannot be that forgiving in this case. I would like to be. Don't think I wouldn't but I'd be a hypocrite if I were to say I have achieved it. But I will tell you what You had better do, Father. You take over and do the forgiving for me because I don't seem to have the ability." And the Father did. Immediately the weight was lifted off my shoulders, and the assurance came that God's forgiveness was right there where I was. That took all the responsibility away from me. It is hypocritical to make absolute statements of truth as if we had already demonstrated them. It is true we must forgive seventy times seven, but that doesn't mean that we are always going to find it easy and sometimes we may even find it almost impossible. If we do find it almost impossible, we will be relieved if we turn to the Father: "I would like to forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aking Your Contact with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 3, Letting God Reveal Itself
- ... For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: Wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." 9 In any moment, turn and seek the realization of God's continuous love and realize that in Him there never has been criticism, judgment, or condemnation. The Master, Christ Jesus, knew this probably better than any man. When asked by his disciples, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents? . . . Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents." 10 "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 11 Jesus above all men knew that we must forgive seventy times seven, and he knew that God's forgiveness is seventy times seventy times seven. In other words, God's forgiveness is endless. Why? Because God does not hold us in condemnation, criticism, or judgment. "Who made me a judge or a divider over you?" 12 All Erroneous Acts, a World-Mesmerism So if there are past sins, drop the penalty for them in this moment and realize they are as dead as yesterday. They can never live again unless you ... When we learn enough of love so that we can hold each other in this sacred relationship, then we will be able to go out and begin to take in our fellow man in our community life, family life, national life, and ultimately international life. The day must come when God's love will cover the earth through you and through me. In this consciousness of love there is neither Jew nor Gentile: there is only the child of God, the spiritual son, the divine revelation of God's government. Once a year the Hebrews have a Day of Atonement. On that day they seek God's forgiveness and they believe that all their sins of the past year are forgiven and that they start out with a new slate absolutely clean. The Roman Catholics have more than one Day of Atonement because every time they go to their priest for confession they are forgiven their sins and they start out anew. We do not have any such consolation because we start out with the understanding that God does not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Letting God Reveal Itself.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 2, Releasing Spiritual Power
- ... The laws of God cannot function in a consciousness filled with false concepts. We must attune ourselves to the Divine. If we look at persons and see all their human differences, before long we will like some and dislike others; we are going to trust some and distrust others. We will have so many differences that our own minds will be confused. If, however, we can recognize that, regardless of appearances, Divinity is the nature of every person's being and that God made us in His own image and likeness, we are knowing the truth about all persons. Whether one is acting it out here on earth or not is none of our business; and if we are aware of any sin in another, instead of sitting in judgment, we should inwardly practice the New Testament principle: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." 18 Therefore, we will not judge: we will take the attitude: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 We are realizing that every person is a branch of the same tree, the Tree of Life. In that, there is no judgment, no criticism. There is forgiveness "seventy times seven," 20 forgiveness and a praying that their eyes be opened. This is attuning ourselves to the Divine, making ourselves receptive to divine healing, to divine Grace, to divine protection because we have wiped out our human concepts of persons and are seeing them as the image and likeness of God, seeing them spiritually as the very Christ of God. We are not using our human judgment; we are using our spiritual intuition to recognize that God made all of us in His own image and likeness and looked on us and found us good. There is nothing in us of criticism, of condemnation, of judgment; and, therefore, our consciousness is open to receive the grace of God. If we believe there are two powers, we are setting up a barrier in our own consciousness. If, however, we are realizing Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence, we are again attuning ourselves to the exercise of spiritual power, spiritual wisdom. In the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Releasing Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 8, Questions & Answers
- ... I would say that it had to do with your receptivity to truth, which is the highest form of treatment there is, but when we begin to work mentally and then call it God-healing, it is ludicrous. When we reach a state of receptivity, however, so that when any case comes, the ear is open, and the impartation comes like a flash, telling us how to work or what truth to reveal, then that is God- healing. Question: Then you think that was God healing? Answer: There is no question about it, because it came to you without any thought process; it was not conscious thinking. It was a state of receptivity which revealed that truth to you. This, I call being divinely led, because it did not consist of sitting down and giving a treatment to a disease or a condition. I do not believe in that kind of treatment. Turn to God and let God show you the need of the moment. Can you imagine what a man wrongly imprisoned would feel if I told him that there is no injustice, that man is perfect? He would want to throw such words right back at me. But when one is led to tell him the story of Joseph and his brethren, then he might begin to understand the spiritual sense of forgiveness. The higher sense of forgiveness is looking through the human being and his activity and seeing that there at the center of his being sits God, which at the moment is being misinterpreted. In all treatment, never do I permit myself to think a thought, to make a denial, or to affirm a truth. I take the attitude: "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. . . . 8 Be still, and know that I am God." 9 Take the attitude that this is God's universe; let God do something about it; be a witness to God in action. Then you are led to say the right thing, think the right thing, or do the right thing. That is how the book, The Letters, came into existence. Whenever letters came from patients out of town asking for help, no matter what the problem was, I would sit down and turn within and let the Father speak. Then I would write a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 8, Questions & Answers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 8, Invisible Life Fulfills Itself Tangibly & Visibly
- ... One of the barriers to our progress is that we let truth lie dormant in the back of our mind instead of praying without ceasing. * * * * * CONSCIOUSNESS DETERMINES OUR LIFE-EXPERIENCE Nothing can come into our experience except through our consciousness, so what our life will be depends on what we entertain in consciousness. If we entertain the idea of God as omnipresent Intelligence, Love, and Power, good is going to be our experience. Our responsibility is to be still and let Omnipresence flow. We need not take thought or plan anything; we just live whatever flows through, which will be every quality of God. Why? Because that is what we are entertaining in consciousness: God. We do not have to think thoughts of generosity, forgiveness, or abundance. We have only to abide in Omnipresence, Omniscience, and Omnipotence, and when we do that we lose all capacity for anything but God, and God flows through. We find ourselves being loving, generous, kind, and pure, but we have not had to take thought about it. What is in a consciousness that is not imbued with Omnipresence? What is left when God is taken out of our consciousness? Fear, ignorance, superstition, desire, anxiety, concern, get, give me, help me, I, me, mine! When God is absent from consciousness, we are living a life with all the accidental happenings that make up the human experience. Only when consciousness is filled with the presence of God is it true that nothing can enter "that defileth . . . or maketh a lie." 2 Holding good thoughts will not be a protection to us. The only protection is holding thought on God. There is no use thinking thoughts of safety or security or thoughts of abundance. Such thoughts will never bring these to us. A consciousness imbued with God is a consciousness full of love, life, forgiveness, sharing, peace on earth. We cannot have a consciousness filled with God and fail to understand that all mankind is really God in manifestation. Mankind as a whole is not showing this forth ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s Itself Tangibly & Visibly.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 18, 1963, Spiritual Responsibility
- ... Two things we have covered today: (1) To separate yourself from the belief that you belong to any particular religious body, and see yourself as an individual leading the contemplative life, leading your life through inner guidance. (2) Whatever spiritual inspiration you receive within, adapt it to your human experiences without. Above all things, this inner life manifests itself in human relationships with each other and at every level of life, regardless of what level it might be. In our conduct and attitude toward the one closest to us or the stranger, there must be the same integrity, the same tolerance, the same patience, the same forgiveness as with anyone else. This does not mean you must be taken advantage of-your inner wisdom would quickly take you away from those conditions. TRUTH IS NOT FOR YOU ALONE Now you have a responsibility, because as part of this group you are not receiving this message for yourself. I trust that you all know that anyone who is a part of this group ... The observance of any holiday or holy day, feast day, rite or ceremony is usually believed to influence God. If we go through communion service, or observe any rite or ritual, we think that it gives us influence with God. There is nothing you can humanly be doing that will influence God. It can only be done by coming into obedience to God's laws. The Master's whole teaching is how to bring us into at-one-ment with God. Then you have attuned yourself with spiritual law. If you pray for the enemy, ask forgiveness, you are attuning yourself. The minister I was with the other day said, "Prayer is fitting ourselves to receive the grace of God which is ever- present." I am really shocked when I think of people who pray for things without any idea at all of not changing themselves. Here I am leading my human life: "Now you come on down, God, and do something for me." God's grace cannot be added to what is done humanly. Individuals come for prayer thinking we would reduce the lump or stop the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Spiritual Responsibility.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 108K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 12, Preparation for the Advent
- ... When the person was willing to give up that self that wanted to live and agree that he did not care if he died, just as long as somebody else lived, he had gone through one form of preparation and readiness for the God-experience, albeit, an extreme one. In some measure, however, every person must recognize that no more of God is going to enter his consciousness than what he makes room for by emptying out some part of his human selfhood. Forgiveness and Nonresistance as a Preparation for the Christ The whole ministry of Christ Jesus was preparing his followers for the advent, for the experience of God. Jesus said, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil."3 Right here is a state of preparation. You either make up your mind to give up seeking revenge, wanting to get even with somebody or believing that it is right to get even with somebody, or you give up any thought of preparing yourself for the spiritual experience. There has to be a time and a place in your consciousness-not a time and place in space-but a time and place in your consciousness when you forsake "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth"; and are willing to take the next step of forgiving "seventy times seven."4 Giving merely lip service to that idea is not a preparation for the God- experience. The preparation is when, regardless of the offenses that are aimed against you day after day, you are able to forgive seventy times seven. "I forgive them. Father, do not punish them; forgive them their sins. They know not what they do." It sounds easy when you are preaching and teaching. The difficulty comes when you practice it. A teacher must also be a practitioner, otherwise the teacher will never succeed as a teacher. Merely passing this good news on to somebody else is not really being a teacher; a teacher becomes a teacher only when in some degree he is living that idea of forgiveness, of not holding offenses ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Preparation for the Advent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 127K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 5, Treatment as The Consciousness of Truth
- ... We must be willing for it to shine as much in our enemy's yard as in our own. While we are entertaining in thought some sense of enmity or hate, treatment or prayer is void. The Master-Christian taught: Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Matthew 5:23, 24 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. Matthew 5:44 Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matthew 18:21, 22 Can you not see that without this quality of forgiveness treatment or prayer is just a waste of time? Consciousness must be a transparency for God, and a transparency for God is universal, impersonal, and impartial. His rain falls alike on the just and the unjust. The teachings of the Master are full of love and forgiveness, with never a trace of judgment or condemnation. Remember, in the case of the man born blind when the disciples asked the Master who did sin, this man, or his parents that he was born blind? Jesus answered, "Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents." 2 And to the adulterous woman, he said, "Neither do I condemn thee." 3 Nowhere in the Christ-consciousness is there a possibility of any hate, envy, jealousy, or malice finding lodgment. A consciousness which entertains any of those traits is not a healing consciousness. The consciousness of a healer must be the consciousness of an individual who entertains no hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. It is easy to determine whether your treatment is going to be effective or whether you can do good healing work. How great a sense of personal hurt do you entertain in the world? I do not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Consciousness of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 114K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 9, Cast Thy Bread on the Waters
- ... Everyone Has Something To Give There never has been an excuse for continued poverty, for lack or limitation. Look out at this world and see how much wealth there is on every hand. Many persons do not think so, but there is only one reason they are not expressing abundance. They are not giving enough, or they would be partaking of that wealth because nothing can be withheld from those who give. Lack or limitation is the experience of those who for one reason or another withhold or who accept the belief that they have nothing to give. There is no one who has nothing to give. Everybody can give forgiveness; everybody can give companionship; everybody can give some unselfed service. I do not mean service to your family. There is nothing unselfed or giving about that. That is personal and selfish, for your own good. I am talking about impersonal giving, impersonal service. With the exception of those who have been hospitalized with a long costly illness, there is no one in the world who ... You came into this world with nothing, and whatever comes to you comes from God, and whatever you have to give, share, and pour out is from God's storehouse, not from yours! Once you begin to perceive this, you will never be satisfied to tithe merely ten percent. It will increase to fifteen percent, twenty, and twenty-five percent, until the day comes, as it has already come in the experience of some persons, that you may be tithing eighty percent. God's law is giving; God's law is outpouring; God's law is expressing. You are violating God's law when you fail to do that. I am not referring only to money. Money is but one of the facets. Pour out forgiveness; pour out understanding, cooperation and, above all, be sure that you are not seeking to get something. You have to learn to do whatever you are doing without ever entertaining the thought of a return. In marriage a husband usually contributes one thing and a wife some other thing. It is a mutual giving. Everyone has a different idea ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ast Thy Bread on the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents