The Only Freedom: Chapter 2, Neither Do I Condemn Thee
- ... The evil that we do is an evil against ourselves and results in the opposite of reward-punishment; but this also comes from within ourselves. Even if "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" 3 never discovers the evil deed, never brings us into court, never imprisons us, that which we are in secret knows what we are and it rewards us openly or punishes us openly. When Does Forgiveness Come? The reason the world rises in rebellion against the teaching of the one Self is that it makes every person amenable to himself; it makes him responsible to himself and for himself. It does not permit him the luxury of mouthing such platitudes as, "Oh, God will forgive us our sins." Nonsense! God never forgives our sins any more than God punishes our sins. The punishment for our sin lasts just as long as the sin lasts, because whatever is done, we do it to ourselves. We can forgive each other if we happen to be sufficiently good-natured or loving, but that does not exempt us from the punishment for our misdemeanors. No, regardless of how much we may forgive each other, there is no forgiveness. The only forgiveness is in returning to our Father's house, to our principle, and again living in harmony with that principle. It is pure fiction to believe in some God in heaven who is going to look down and forgive us ... We must rise to that place in consciousness where not only are there no evil human beings but where there also are no good human beings. Everyone takes his rightful place as a child of God. We have not forgiven the trespasses of the world as long as we say, "You are a good human being or you are an evil human being." We understand the nature of forgiveness only when we are able to look through the good and the evil and realize, "Thou art the child of God in whom He is well pleased." Making Peace with One Another It matters not what our sins are outwardly. They represent the generations which have lived with a sense of separation from God. Our sins and our poverty and our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Neither Do I Condemn Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 2, Building a Consciousness of Grace
- ... Peace is a state of Grace, and it functions in that moment when you are demanding nothing of another, when you are realizing that God's grace is your sufficiency in all things and that there is a sufficiency of God's grace omnipresent to meet the need of this and of every moment. In that realization, you free every person, and he can feel that you have freed him. He is at peace with you because the only reason for a lack of peace is fear, the fear of what the other person may want of you. Individually and collectively, nationally and internationally, that is the one fear, and the only antidote is the realization: I have a hidden manna. I have a hidden source of supply that is not dependent on "man, whose breath is in his nostrils." 11 It is not dependent on anyone's good will. * New Light on Forgiveness People are at war within their own families-not over money particularly or over land, but because there is nearly always something that one is demanding of another that is causing a breach. The healing can take place only in release, and you can release every person only when that state of Grace has come to you and you realize that you no longer need power. Your oneness with God is your assurance of omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence, and because of that you can release anybody and everybody. This might be called forgiving, but it is a far better way of dealing with the whole subject of forgiveness than the traditional approach. To forgive is difficult because forgiveness has always implied the forgiving of an actual wrong done, which in some way one is supposed to forget. This is rather difficult to do. It is far easier to forgive if you can see that the reason that you think a wrong has been done to you is because you were expecting something from someone, and you had no right to expect anything from anybody. So in the beginning it was your fault; you brought it on yourself. You expected something of someone; therefore, that person did to you what you are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ng a Consciousness of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 10, Questions & Answers
- ... But when we get a state of receptivity so that when any case comes this ear is open and the impartation comes like a flash, telling you how to work or what to work or what truth to reveal, then you can call it God-healing. Question: Then you think that was God-healing? Answer: There is no question about it, because it came to you without any thought process; it was not conscious thinking. It was a state of receptivity which revealed that truth to you. I call that being "divinely led." It did not consist in sitting down and giving a treatment against a disease or a condition. I don't believe in those treatments. Turn to God and let God show you! Ask, "What is the need of this moment?" Can you imagine what a man wrongly imprisoned would feel if I said, "There is no injustice, man is perfect?" He would throw the words back at me. But the minute one is led to show him, say, the Book of Genesis, then he could commence to get the idea of what the spiritual sense of forgiveness is. Forgiveness does not mean saying to Adolph Hitler, "Go on! What you did was perfectly all right!" It isn't that at all. The higher sense of forgiveness is looking through the human activity and seeing that there, at the center of his being, sits God, which at the moment he is misinterpreting. So I say this: In all cases of treatment-and certainly I religiously follow this- never do I permit myself to think a thought, even to make a denial or to affirm a truth or to think a thought. I sit down when necessary and take the attitude, "Speak, Father, for thy servant heareth. . . . 7 I will listen for thy voice. . . . Be still and know that I am God. . . . 8 Let the imparting voice come in." Take the attitude that this is God's universe and let God do something about it. Let us be a witness to watching God in action, then usually we are led to say the right thing or think the right thing or to do the right thing. That's how all these "Letters" came to be in existence that have been out these many ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 10, Questions & Answers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 135K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 2, Teacher & Student
- ... It has nothing to do with today. Today our consciousness is unfolding and disclosing itself in every new way, in every new form, and always increasing abundantly. This subject of God is an infinite one. We will come back to it over and over again, because it is the next most important part of our work. Without the knowledge of God, we would have no knowledge of the effect of God, which is our universe. I want to teach on living this Christ. In the Bible we have certain laws. We have known them mostly as quotations, without taking them seriously as something to be lived. But one of the greatest laws of the Bible is the law of forgiveness, of praying for one's enemies. You may take that very seriously, because it is a proven law. The idea of forgiveness does not mean looking at a human being and remembering the terrible offense he committed against us and then forgiving him for it. There is no virtue in that. The virtue lies in the ability to see through the human to the divinity of his being, realizing that in the divinity of his being there has never been an occasion for error of any nature. It is as if he were asking us for help and we would have to behold him as he really is-a spiritual being. Without their asking for help, we are called on every day to look upon those toward whom we have any negative feeling, and develop this act of forgiveness, which means to turn to the Christ of our own being and there know that nothing but love exists. There never has been a mortal and all that appears as a mortal is the Christ itself, incorrectly seen. That ability to forgive is one of the greatest laws of the Bible. Praying for our enemies is the same idea. It does not mean we are to believe that the other fellow can shoot us first; it means the ability to understand God as the life and the mind of individual man, and to know there is no other mind but that one. Appearances have nothing to do with it at all. We are dealing with the reality of being. In Spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 2, Teacher & Student.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Two, Begin Prayer with the Word God
- ... A person can be the most unregenerate sinner in the world, but he will be made as white as snow in the moment that he contacts God. It makes no difference what his fears or sins may be today. Do not sit in judgment on him; do not criticize or condemn him. Remember that your function is to reveal the Christ, and instead of sitting in judgment on the Magdalenes and thieves and alcoholics, turn around and love them, forgive them, understand them, and place them in God's keeping where God's love and God's forgiveness and God's grace can reach them. One second of God-realization will dispel any sin, any disease, or any fear that has ever existed on the face of the earth-but it must be God-realization and not just talk about God or preaching about God. God-experience must come to you, and that experience is what dispels the sins, diseases, and illusions of the world. Keep your consciousness attuned to God, never bringing your thought down to the level of a patient, a discord, or an ... Out of the spiritualized individual consciousness come the great works of the masters, and in proportion to this deepening and enriching of consciousness will come forth the great works given you to do. I do not expect that the day will ever come when there will be one church on earth, since for many generations to come there will be varying states and stages of consciousness, but this need not in any way interfere with the ultimate realization of the great truth that there is but one God, and this God is the God of all churches, and therefore, regardless of our affiliation or nonaffiliation, we are brothers to one another. And now a final word: If you find it difficult to forgive those who have offended you or yours, pray daily that God forgive them. Forgiveness is one of the great spiritual qualities, but personal sense does make it difficult at times for us to understand and demonstrate the true nature of forgiveness. Nevertheless, we can always turn to God and ask that God forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...in Prayer with the Word God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Now remember that everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body. They are faced with the belief of physical supply. And right now, they are being faced with the belief of atomic bombs and rumors of wars. In the human picture there is no way of avoiding those experiences or of rising above them. The only way is the spiritual way, and the spiritual way is that way where the Christ becomes the reality of our being! And when we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, the sum total of all creation, then we are fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Jesus Christ-the law of forgiveness. There is no greater law than that of forgiveness. Remember, love God with all thy might and love your neighbor as yourself. That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, every plant! And there is no way you can love them while holding them in condemnation. In this meditation, then, see and understand that God is the life, soul, mind, not only of friends, but of all so-called enemies. And, in that way, you will eliminate all enemies. Jesus said to Pilate, "Thou canst have no power over me, unless it came from the Father in heaven." 8 That is our answer to enemies or enmity of every form whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack. Some of you who heard me in January will remember how many times I stressed this fact: that this law of forgiving, this law of forgiveness, is the real law of demonstration. This ability to see God as the mind, the life and soul of enemies as well as of friends. Why? Because not only in the Old Testament, but all the way through the teachings of Jesus, we have this reminder-the first commandment is the secret of life. Only one God, only one life; the life of every one of us; the life of our so-called enemies. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind of what we call enemies! Only one God, and only one creation-and all spiritual! In that meditation, can you not see that as long as your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 4, Realization
- ... I wonder if someone was having a healing, because it was so easy to reach you. That is not possible with the human senses, but with the spiritual sense I can reach and touch and commune with the spiritual sense of you. That is the real sense of communion and that is where healing work takes place; not in calling you a human being, a divine idea, but in reaching through the appearance to the reality. That is when healing takes place. When through that spiritual sense I have contacted the reality of you, it is not so much that you are mind or God, as that God is all the reality or mind there is of you. That God, the universal good, is the individual life, mind, soul of you and of me. So starting with God, we come down to its individualization and find it to be you. Therein comes this great law of forgiveness. It is so easy, when we look at people as humans, to find something in them that needs changing or altering or improving or condoning. Sometimes we feel so self-righteous when we find someone doing something we think is wrong and we say, "I can forgive them." This is all part of the human picture and will heal nothing. True forgiveness is not sitting in judgment on a person, first finding them to be wrong and then deciding to forgive them for being wrong. True forgiveness is in closing our eyes and getting within, in the spiritual sense of things, and there getting in touch with the reality of that individual and finding that all reality is God and there never has been a sin or a mistake or anything to overcome. Even if you did correct the sins and faults of your friends or loved ones, you still would not have accomplished much in a spiritual way. When you blot out the picture of all humanhood, the good as well as the bad, and get close to the center of being, close to God, you will find that sooner or later, when you open your eyes, those friends or relatives will no longer be the erring individuals they now appear to be. And we will go into the manner of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ess_ Chapter 4, Realization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 6, Steps to Union with God
- Those who may not believe it in this particular age may have believed it in some previous time, but by now they have outgrown it. Individual Consciousness Is Evolving Out of Spiritual Ignorance How great must be the transition in consciousness from the state of ignorance that believed God is responsible for mankind's ills to the state of consciousness where the teaching that God is too pure to behold iniquity is accepted, that God does not hold sinners in condemnation for their sins, or punish them, but that He sent His only begotten Son to earth to teach the forgiveness of sins, the overcoming of sin, and the destruction of sin! The teaching of Jesus Christ wipes out much of the teaching of the ancient Hebrew scripture, but remember that there are people on this earth today who are still living in the spiritual darkness of ancient times. When you realize that, you will understand why it takes some persons ten ... Praying for health, praying for wealth, praying for supply, praying for home, or praying for companionship is the surest way to lose it. But when you take no thought for those things in your life and pray only for the recognition, realization, and demonstration of conscious oneness with God, you awake and find that all things have been added unto you. The most difficult part of this entire path is giving up the habit and the desire to pray for things and conditions. A person wonders what would happen if he stopped praying for supply. Far better would it be to pray for forgiveness for all the thousands of years of spiritual ignorance that have been absorbed and assimilated. Far better would it be to pray for forgiveness for acts-conscious and unconscious acts-that have violated his spiritual integrity, even though they may not have violated the laws of the land. Much more profitable is it to pray that he be forgiven in proportion as he forgives. Once the idea is clear to you that praying for things is the materialistic sense of life, because it is praying ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 6, Steps to Union with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 16, Sowing to the Flesh
- ... Though your sins were scarlet, you are white as snow. Those persons of Germany who feel this way, as well as the government of Germany, are freed from punishment. It is not the punishment of God. God never punished them for any of their sins. The sowing had to bring forth reaping. Now with the sowing of a message of this nature, there is the reaping of what we call forgiveness, or release from punishment. Thereby a nation is set free. If you do not understand this law of karma, you will not understand the reasons not only for the sufferings of many Americans individually, but for the horrors of our government-the discords and disharmonies that it is suffering, the lack of ability to arrive at a solution to any major problem. ... Impartially I must find a way not only to educate my children, but to help educate the children of those who cannot afford that education. I must clothe not only my children; I must find a way to help in the clothing of those children whose parents have not awakened yet to their true identity. From me must pour forth supply! I must give it in the mundane things in life, and I must give it in the more spiritual things, the prayers. The prayers for the enemy, the forgiveness of those who offend. I must pray without ceasing. I must abide in the Word and let the Word abide in me. I must fulfill all that the Master reveals as constituting the Son of God, the Christ of God. If I am to declare myself to be the Son of God, or the Christ of God, I must act like it. I must not take the Name, I must not wear the Garment, and then not fulfill it. That is hypocrisy, that is spiritual wickedness in high places! If I call myself the Son of God, I must set aside my time for the practice of forgiveness, of praying for the enemy, of resisting not evil, of not taking up the sword, of not retaliating, of not using "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." This is the beginning, then. If I know that the Law of supply is outgiving, outpouring, expressing, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 16, Sowing to the Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents