The GIft of Love: Chapter 2, Living by Love
- It is we ourselves, however, who must know whether or not we are functioning through love. At this point egotism and conceit could come in and cheat us by developing within us a pharisaical self-righteousness. We have to be careful that we do not get the idea that we, of ourselves, are loving. We must realize that it is the love of God that enables us to be loving, God's love, not our love, and not even our love for God. Instead let us think of it as God's love for us: "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son"-to each one of us individually. At the very center of our being God has incarnated Himself in us as His son. God the Father has placed Himself as God the Son in the midst of us. That means every person who has ever existed since the beginning of time or who ever will exist. Every person has the seed of Godhood at his center. God so loved mankind that He placed Himself in the midst of mankind. He placed the individual expression of Himself at the center of us and He named that center I. He named Himself I, and every time the word I comes to our consciousness we should realize that the presence of God is there. We have to maintain ourselves consciously in the awareness that the son of God is in us and Its law is love. We are in attunement with It when we are doing unto others as we would have them do unto us, when we are forgiving "seventy times seven," when we are sharing, giving, bestowing. The law of God is forgiveness and doing unto others as we would have others do unto us. We are violating the law of love the moment we desire revenge, indulge in resentment, or ascribe wrong motives to anyone. Every person is in attunement with the law of love when he is living according to his highest light of doing unto others as he would have others do unto him. "Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me," for the only "me" there is, is man; the only God there is, is the incarnation of Himself in man. When we are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 2, Living by Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 75K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 10, When We Pray Amiss
- ... If the masses could know something about the world of the Spirit, some of them at least would begin to open their eyes and desire what we who have learned about a life of prayer have discovered. Prayer, to be answered prayer, must come from a heart that is purged of personal and selfish motives, a heart that has for its desire that all men may know God's grace. This prayer, silently spoken or thought, not only sets the one who prays free, but it sets mankind free. We can watch it in operation at the level of the family. We can use this silent, secret prayer in our household, confining ourselves to our immediate circle, and pray that God's grace be established. We embrace everyone in our consciousness until we have made peace with them and have attained an absolute conviction that we desire the grace of God to be their experience. When we begin to see the fruitage in that small circle, then we are ready to lift our vision and go out into the community, to the seat of our government, to cross borders and look each nation in the face, each religion, and make peace. Go thy way in peace. May God's grace be visited upon you. May you forever know the joy of living in His forgiveness and His love, peace, and prosperity. Prayer for God 's Government on Earth World prayer work is the most difficult of all because we must, first of all, surrender all concepts as to the solution we are seeking, never praying for a certain event or experience. And the reason this is difficult is that each one of us has decided whether it would be good to have a Republican administration or a Democratic administration and, in some cases, even a Socialistic or Communistic administration. And when we pray, we are praying for this, and there can be no success in such world work. Success comes only with the surrender of material or human desires, and the desire for God's government on earth: spiritual government, not just a different form of human government. God is Spirit, and the only prayer of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 10.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 12, Truth Takes Over Your Life
- ... Let Thy love flow through me that I may be wise, loving, benevolent, just. This is somewhat like Solomon's prayer when he took over his high office, that he be given God's wisdom. As you surrender yourself to God's government, to the reign of God, to the spiritual center of man that man may be spiritually-inspired and God-endowed, you are in some measure dealing more wisely, kindly, lovingly, benevolently, and more justly with your neighbor-and more forgivingly with your enemy. And if I wish to be God-governed, I must be still. I must be still and let God's government take over. Yes, there are certain things I must do to prepare myself for God's government. I've learned this from the Master: not to expect God's government if I'm holding somebody in desire for revenge. If I'm holding somebody in hate, there's no way for God to break through my consciousness. The reason is- this comes to you at this stage of unfoldment-that God is love. But God is not a love out here that comes to me. God is a love that I let flow out from me. But since love means forgiveness, benevolence, cooperation, mutuality, sharing, giving, there is no love in me unless those qualities are being expressed. Therefore, to fit myself for God's government, which means the government of love, I must make myself an instrument through which love can flow. And so, step by step, we are strengthened until the day comes when we realize that now we can rest at will in God and let that Spirit that flows through us, that Robe that envelops us, be the prayer, the benediction, and the healing to our community and to the world. We become the light of the world as we bring ourselves to a state of consciousness in which we do not battle the errors of the world, but in which we become completely still and let the Spirit of God nullify and dissolve the pictures of sense. No longer will we struggle with error, but rest, relax, and bear witness to God functioning on earth as in heaven. Above all, we will never forget ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 12.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 64K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1955, Immortality
- ... So let it be agreed in your consciousness that God is Life, but more than that, God is your life! "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." (Isa. 43:7.) "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God; wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." (Ezek. 18:32.) "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Rev. 4:11.) These scriptural passages clearly indicate that God created us for his own pleasure, and this is an eternal relationship. And so, as we witness ourselves and our friends advancing into more mature years, let us realize our function as an infant and as a child, as an adult, and see how progressive each step has been, and then look forward to the revelation of what the future years have in store through the Grace of God. Then, as we watch our friends pass from sight, let us rejoice that they have passed from one mansion into another. They have not died because of sin, because God never punishes sin. God is a God of love and forgiveness "until seventy times seven." Our transition is for the glory of God, and for the glory of the development of our individual Soul, and those of us who are approaching the middle years and beyond the middle years must learn to ask the Father, "What have you now for me to do?" Then, as other experiences come, open your vision and realize that just as the flowers bloom and seem to fade and then bloom again, so do we pass through many transitional experiences, but death is never known in any of these experiences. Death is our interpretation of what we are witnessing, but it is an observation based on ignorance. Those who have caught the first tiny glimpse of God understand that God is Life, and that God is Life Eternal-life without death, "for he is thy life, and the length of thy days." This can only come as you lift your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ April 1955, Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:56- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1958, The Message of Easter I Have Over Come The World
- ... It is essential that we do not hasten past this unfoldment until we have thoroughly learned that our health, our supply, and the harmony of our human relationships are not dependent on human effort alone or human wisdom alone or on physical power, as we have believed because of our experience in the human scene; but rather that every word of God, entertained in our consciousness, eventually becomes the harmony of our daily experience. Now we learn the true meaning of Jesus' words, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." 6 Understanding the word of God, and abiding in this Word and letting this Word abide in us, we have an inner substance, an inner source of good, an inner healer and saviour- the meat that the world knows not of. We crucify human fears and doubts when, instead of rushing about madly and, with worry and concern, undertaking the tasks of each day, we can relax in the realization: "I am the bread and the wine and the water. All those things the world feverishly seeks through anxious thought and much physical labor are already mine." We relax in God's assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 7 Here too, is crucifixion in another form, the crucifixion of unrest, distrust, and burdensome labor. Pondering the Master's message of forgiveness so often repeated in the Gospels-the message of forgiving "seventy times seven" all those who abuse us, and forgiving even to the extent of praying for those who persecute us and deal unjustly with us-we further learn that, in the degree in which we put this message into practice, do we crucify our hate, prejudice, bigotry, and our fear of our fellow-man. Meditating deeply upon the message of the Master, which reveals that it was his mission, the Christ-mission, to heal the sick, raise the dead, open the eyes of the blind, and open the ears of the deaf, we realize that this He, who says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 8 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... I Have Over Come The World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 149K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1956, Contemplative Meditation
- ... But never should one be encouraged or even consider leaving his human surroundings until the call is unmistakable. Only in this way will the spiritual men and women of the world be worthy of their calling. When this is thoroughly understood there will no longer be false prophets and false teachers, nor will people leave the human world for what they consider the spiritual world before they are called. It also will be understood that each individual is called to fulfill some specific spiritual function in the divine plan; therefore there will be no lack, no disease, no war, and no unhappiness; and every individual will be cared for physically, mentally, morally, and economically. There are those who must be saints and seers and spiritual teachers, just as there are those who must fill positions in the family, business, and government; but each one who fulfills any of these in the realization of his spiritual destiny fulfills it harmoniously, joyously, successfully; with love, generosity, and forgiveness. The greatest privilege that can ever come to an individual is that of sharing the grace of God which is received and revealed in the silence and secrecy of the heart. The most sacred work on earth is the giving and sharing of God's riches of spiritual wisdom. My own heart is full of gratitude that God has spoken to me in silence, in sacredness, and in secrecy, and then permitted me to share these spiritual gems with others. One of the greatest human privileges that has ever been mine is the rare opportunity to travel to far places, and to encounter such enlightened souls as our beloved Swami Ramdas, who so liberally shared his spiritual gems as he travelled the world last year. I am sure Swami Ramdas knows my great joy in being permitted to speak on these occasions at Anandashram. To all of you, may I say that you have given me far more than I have been permitted to give you-more in spiritual memories than I will be able to store up in the next three or four ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 154K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1957, Your Names are Written in Heaven
- ... Now I can say to you that the prophecy, if such it was, has come true: This is the year of fulfilment for the message of The Infinite Way. Jesus gave the world this Messianic message: There is a transcendental Presence and Power within the consciousness of every individual on earth, and this spiritual Presence and Power he called "the Father within"-your Father and my Father. He taught and proved that this spiritual Presence and Power heals the sick, unstops the ears of the deaf, opens the eyes of the blind, feeds the hungry, raises the dead, and gives spiritual illumination, so that the enlightened live not only by bread, but by an inner meat, an inner wine, an inner water, an inner bread of life which Jesus revealed as the grace of God. In other words, the grace of God, the activity of God's presence and power in us, is our daily bread, our supply, our activity, our wisdom, and our immortality. Throughout his three-year ministry, he proved every single point of this teaching by healing the sick, bringing forgiveness to the sinner, demonstrating supply, and revealing immortality. The disciples and apostles, and later their students, were able to prove the omnipresence of the Spirit of God in man and Its redemptive power; they broke the mesmeric Adam-dream and revealed that "henceforth know we no man after the flesh." In other words, no longer shall we believe in a good human being or a bad human being, but in the understanding of this spiritual Presence, we shall know all men as the Sons of God or offspring of God, the spiritual heirs of God- the Christ. This teaching was lost when men began to observe ceremonies and rites, arguing and disagreeing about the form of worship and eventually dividing into numerous sects, each with its own form of worship, ceremony, and creed. Attention was focused on the form rather than on the Spirit, and the essence was lost. In this past century, it was again revealed to the world that there is a Power always present and available ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Names are Written in Heaven.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 145K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1957, Major Principles of The Infinite Way
- ... You will always know a Christly man or woman because those who touch them on life's highway find life eternal, health, and wholeness, and receive spiritual blessings through their contact with these men and women. The Nature of Prayer To understand the nature of God in this way and to understand the Christ- mission must, of course, reveal to you the nature of prayer. Now, you can no longer pray for anything, but must confine your prayers to asking, seeking, and knocking for spiritual wisdom, spiritual guidance, spiritual bread, wine, and water. When you learn to turn to the Father for the revelation of God in your experience-for the actual demonstration of God in your experience-then, and only then, are you beginning to understand the nature of prayer. It is important while studying the nature of prayer to read the New Testament very carefully and to note that the Master makes it more important that we pray for our enemies than that we pray for our friends. There is a reason for this. You see, understanding and forgiveness are two of the major qualities of Christ- consciousness. For this reason, the Master taught that we are to forgive seventy times seven and that we must forgive our enemies, those who oppress us and those who hate us and despitefully use us. And so until we learn to pray for our enemies and to forgive them, we are really not praying in the sense of prayer as revealed by the great Master. As you read what I am saying to you about the nature of God, the nature of the Christ-mission, and the nature of prayer; it is almost certain that you are pausing at the end of every paragraph to read over again what is written and probably to weigh the meaning of what you have read. If so, you are beginning to meditate, to ponder, and to dwell on truth and in truth; you are obeying the Ninety-first Psalm: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High," and to him, of course, come none of earth's tragedies. While you are thus pondering within yourself the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nciples of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 155K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1959, A Lesson To Sam
- ... It is His good pleasure to give you the kingdom, and God does not even hold you in punishment for your sins. Even though you make a mistake, even though you commit a sin, if you are truly repentant in the sense that you realize that you have sinned and that it wasn't right, in that instant you are forgiven. You do not carry around the penalty any longer than you carry around the obstinacy of believing you are right when you know in your heart and Soul you are wrong. Do you understand that? You cannot go around and do wrong and not acknowledge it to yourself and expect that you can receive God's grace. You receive God's grace every time you acknowledge within yourself, "I know I've done wrong," or perhaps, "I don't know that I've done wrong, but if I have, God, wipe it out, because it wasn't intentional. I never mean to do wrong, but always want to do unto others as I would have others do unto me." In that way, you purify yourself. I have been healed of illnesses merely by asking God's forgiveness for my sins; and of course, my sins are not major ones because you know that is not our mode of living. But whatever it is-when we are guilty of holding people in criticism or condemnation, or when we are not loving enough or forgiving enough-we are sinning against the Holy Spirit. So it is a wholesome thing once in a while to go to God and say, "I realize that humanly I haven't been perfect; therefore, forgive my sins, forgive my trespasses, and let's start all over again." In this way, Sam, you will learn the greatest lesson that I have ever learned, and that is that the place whereon I stand is holy ground. God is right here where I am, and God is available the very minute that I stop talking and stop thinking and turn within in humility, acknowledging God's grace, God's power, God's Spirit within me, and then relax for just a minute or two and let that Spirit take over. That really is all there is to the whole Infinite Way. All the writings of The Infinite Way are only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ruary 1959, A Lesson To Sam.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1956, Withinness
- ... If you abide in the Word of God, and let this Word abide in you, you will be as a branch that is one with the Vine, that is one with the Godhead, and you will bear much fruit. As you continue to dwell "in the secret place of the most High," you will find that it is not a matter of God's doing something for you-it is a matter of maintaining conscious oneness with God, keeping your mind stayed on God, acknowledging God in all your ways, abiding in the Word and letting the Word abide in you. In actual practice, this means awakening each morning and veritably bringing the presence of God right into the room with you in the realization that "This is the day the Lord hath made." Instead of bringing to consciousness your problems, sins, and inharmonies, bring God into your awareness in the realization that God is with you throughout the day. You can face any problem or task in the realization that you do not face it alone, "For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me." God is your supply, forgiveness, life, love. Emmanuel-God with us-is that which enables you to be, to do, to prosper. Consciously realize that God's presence goes before you, and when going about your affairs consciously know that the Christ is greeting you through every individual encountered. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and you will be obeying Paul's injunction to "pray without ceasing." In God you will have a friend, a big brother, the Father within; and you will come into the realization, as did Paul, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." As you persist in the practice of the Presence you are carried along by its beauty and harmony, and a day will dawn when "you" no longer exist. Then there will be no need to think about God-there will be only God, functioning as your individual being, thinking, being, knowing, living through you, and then it is literally true: ". . . I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ January 1956, Withinness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 131K
Find Similar Documents