Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 7, Attaining a Measure of Spiritual Consciousness
- ... There is no one in all the world who does not have some trace of love in him, although there are many people who do not give any evidence of love. But everyone has at the center of his being some love: love that can be expressed in service, love that can be expressed in gratitude, cooperation, understanding, and forgiveness. Everyone has some money or clothing, something that can be given or contributed to those who appear not to recognize the infinite nature of the Storehouse upon which they may draw. * * * * * DRAWING ON THE SPIRITUAL STOREHOUSE Knowing the truth of the infinite Storehouse within, ... How many of us have for many, many years believed that others were holding us in condemnation, unforgiveness, or holding grievances against us, not realizing that we were doing it, and not they? No one can forgive us while we carry unforgiveness within ourselves. The supply of forgiveness that we are eternally praying for, we are holding away from us, until we realize, "I do not really care whether or not you forgive me. That is your demonstration. All I care about is that I forgive you. I freely forgive all those who have offended me; I freely forgive all those who have spitefully used me; I freely forgive all those who have criticized, judged, or condemned me. Freely I do this because I cannot live with myself without this eternal sense of forgiveness. If there are those who do not wish to see me in that light, it is their demonstration, not mine. My demonstration is forgiveness." The subject of supply plays a major role in our lives. Until we begin to live as if we are one with the Father and as if all that the Father has is ours, and act that out by sharing our resources, sharing forgiveness, cooperation, understanding, patience, whatever it is, spiritual consciousness has not yet touched us. BECOMING AWARE OF THE INDWELLING PRESENCE The study of truth is the smallest part of our life's demonstration. Far too many students study too much. It takes a very small ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... of Spiritual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 7, Grace
- ... It is divine grace that you are enabled to fulfill every demand upon you, and this grace leaves you free and joyous to experience what is called this human life; but this life, understood through grace, is not a human life at all: it is really divine. Grace also includes forgiveness. Sometimes we hold ourselves in bondage to the belief of deserved punishment for sins of omission or commission, and often we hold others in bondage to these same beliefs. But under this life of grace, there is forgiveness without any consideration for whether one has deserved, earned, or been worthy of it. The forgiveness is there because grace reveals that the transgressor has not done this thing to you: he has done it unto himself, through ignorance. "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 1 You might think that the Master meant that they knew not what they did to him. He did not mean that at all. He meant that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. To him, nothing could happen. He had come under divine sonship. God was his eternal life, and no one could take that from him. God was his supply: he had already demonstrated that he could feed the multitudes. No one could take that power and ability away from him. He knew that they could do nothing to him; and the only possible meaning of "Father, forgive them" was that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. The true sense of forgiveness is a ... You will get out of life whatever you put into it, no more and no less. It may be a life of peace, but there will be no peace or prosperity for those who are expecting to get something. It may be a life of war and depression, but there will be no war or depression to the person who is putting into life his love, his forgiveness, and his dependence on grace. To that person, none of these things will come nigh his dwelling place. If you could learn the secret of grace, which is a complete reliance on this infinite power within, you would find a spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Your Nets_ Chapter 7, Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 3, The Christ Ministry
- Jesus said unto His disciples: Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. (Matthew 11:5) That is the will of God for man! Never let anyone tell you that God's will for man is not good! Never let anyone tell you that it is God's will that you be punished for any sin that you have committed. The Master's ministry was one of healing and forgiveness. He forgave the woman taken in adultery and the thief on the ... He taught that we must not pray until we have established peace with our fellowman. In other words, when you acknowledge that you love your neighbor as yourself, you are asking God's Grace not only for yourself, not only for your friends, but for all those who are reaching toward spiritual realization, whether they be friends or enemies. Christ's ministry was one of forgiveness. He condemned no man. It is not God's will that people be punished for their sins, but that they be forgiven. Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. (John 8:11) He that is without sin among you, let him cast the ... Each group within a community had a priest who would call them together twice a year. He would line them up in front of him and ask each one, "Have you had any trouble with anyone in this group in the past six months?" If the answer was, "Yes," he would instruct, "Make peace now. Begin forgiving him or asking for his forgiveness!" And then, "Have you entertained any jealousy or animosity? Begin now by asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" And, "Have you had lust or animality toward anyone? Start now asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" Thus, each person was compelled to purge himself and herself of these negative human emotions. They were then told, "Now the peace of God can begin to flow in your minds and bodies. Without this, you are blocking entrance to the Divine Grace." Is it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 3, The Christ Ministry.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 4, Meditation: The Key to The Ministry Within
- That is the realization I came to. For many years I did not know how to bring God into individual experience- how to bring the comfort and the healing that the Master promised, the raising of the dead that the Master promised, the forgiveness of sin that the Master promised, the life eternal that the Master promised. These were only words in a book! Then there came to me the experience that brought with it the actual realization that the presence of God ... So in our work we say that we do not heal, but we can pray-the prayer of forgiveness, the prayer of releasing our enemies. Then we can listen until God utters His V oice within us. When the V oice within us speaks, the healing or the harmony or the peace takes place. We are merely the instruments through which God's Grace flows; we are not the healers. But let me assure you that only those who attain a consciousness of God's Presence, who attain the ability to be still and hear that V oice, can become instruments. The spiritual life is sometimes called the "withinness"-the interior life, the inner life, the inner kingdom. The Master sometimes refers to it as "My Kingdom which is not of this world." My Kingdom is an inner kingdom. Remember that Christ indwells; therefore, the Christ Kingdom is within you. So if you want to receive forgiveness for your sins, do not look for forgiveness anywhere externally, but seek it from the Kingdom of God, the Christ Kingdom, which is within you. If you are seeking healing, even while you are accepting the help of the consciousness of ... The Christ ministry-the Christ healing ministry, the Christ forgiving ministry, the Christ raising-of-the-dead ministry, the Christ feeding ministry-is within you. Therefore I give it to you as a principle on which the entire Infinite Way teaching is based. You must turn to the Christ ministry for healing, for salvation, for forgiveness, for food, housing, and transportation, for healing of sin, disease, death. You must turn to the Christ ministry, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Key to The Ministry Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 6, Bringing Grace into Active Expression
- ... I will dwell in the Word, and let the Word dwell in me. All this must become a part of our consciousness, but in addition to that we have the obligation of adhering to the pattern given us by the Master by which we mold our lives in order to maintain the spiritual life. First of all, we must pray for forgiveness of our own sins. There is no one on this earth so righteous that he is not daily sinning against the Holy Ghost. Every time that we bear false witness against a neighbor, every time we indulge our hate, fear, jealousy, animosity, bigotry, or bias, we are sinning. Sins are not just those major offenses against society and individuals that most people have overcome before they enter the spiritual life, but sin is something that normally we do not even consider as sin. It is necessary, therefore, that we pray frequently and seriously to be forgiven those sins of omission and commission that may be soiling us and keeping us from being a transparency, those bits of darkness that accumulate and withhold the light. The second step is to engage in these periods of forgiveness for the dictators of the world, and especially for those who would personally harm us-persecute, lie, or cheat-realizing that it is but the carnal mind and that it exists only as the "arm of flesh" and is without power. Let us make sure that we are living in an atmosphere of continuous love and forgiveness, and even though we may thoughtlessly indulge at times in resentment or animosity, let us retire quickly into the silence and begin a period of self-forgiveness as well as forgiveness of all others. Life was not meant for the glorification of ourselves. We do not have the right to seek things for our self or for our personal glory. We must show forth the glory of God in service to man. We cannot live unto ourselves, or for ourselves. The wonderful things of life that are given to us-and they do come bountifully, abundantly, joyously-come not for us, but that God's grace may be witnessed and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...race into Active Expression.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 9, Spiritual Dominion
- ... Only when it gives itself up, surrenders itself, and permits itself to be broken open by the natural elements, does the seed change its form and eventually become a whole tree full of fruit. So it is that we-insignificant you and I, who of ourselves are really nothing-suddenly become the source through which flows infinite wisdom, love, companionship, supply, forgiveness, and infinite good in every form. Jesus was quick to admit that of his own self he was nothing, but we all know ... If, for any reason, there are those who are unable to do that, they can begin to share forgiveness. They can look out at the everpresent world of enemies-personal, national, racial-and begin to forgive them, praying that God's mercy open their consciousness. They can begin to pray, not so much for their friends and relatives, but for the sick and the sinning of the world, for those who are downtrodden, dejected, and rejected. One reaction to such a program may be, "Oh, but I'm further down in the scale than are these people for whom I am supposed to pray." In this realization, we forget that: we give what we have to give, and if we have nothing to give but prayer, then we pray. If we have nothing to give but forgiveness, we give forgiveness. If we have nothing to give but service or dedication, we give it-but we give! This is a practice. This is not conversation; this is not reading a book and exclaiming, "How lovely!" This is taking it out of the book and putting it into practice. In other words, it is acknowledging that infinity dwells within, and if we have only one dollar's worth of infinity at this minute let us give ten cent's worth of it away. It makes no difference how little we may have at the moment. What counts is that we make the acknowledgment that infinity is the measure of our being and act as though that were true, even though we act only with pennies, or if we act only with forgiveness or prayers or service. The way of the spiritual life was presented to the world by ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 9, Spiritual Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:58- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 1, The Inner Kingdom
- In fact, it must be expected that it be difficult because we are embarking on an almost impossible task, that is, unless our determination is such that we are willing to put up with the difficulties inevitably to be encountered in the beginning. Forgiveness and Salvation Now In the years devoted to this work, I have noted some things that are helpful to students and that make these first months ... The woman taken in adultery and forgiven by the Master had to accept her forgiveness now and stop living in the past. The thief on the cross had to accept his salvation now and forget those things that were behind. So must we, regardless of the nature or the degree of our materialistic living, sickly, sinful, or poverty-stricken living. There comes a time when we bid it goodbye and start over with the word now, and let now mark the beginning of our new birth. Dropping the Burdens of the Past Now, here where I am, God is. Now God is; now God is closer than breathing; now the Father is saying, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine."3 In this moment of silent receptivity, the Father says, "Drop your burdens, let Me carry the load. Let Me give you forgiveness, let Me be the ... But we take no thought for the love flowing back to us; we let it flow as one of the added things. We live in a continuous state of now expressing love. The love that we express today must become a continuing experience, a love that we express through forgiveness, understanding, sharing. Every opportunity to express love that is presented to us we must accept, and not ask, "Where is it going to ... All is within me: the bread, the meat, the wine of life. It takes a few months, even years, to break this attachment to the outer world, to break the belief that we are dependent on man for justice, for loans, for forgiveness, or for our support, but we can do it if we can remember the word now: Now I and the Father are one. Now do I draw upon the kingdom of God within me. Now do I seek living ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 1, The Inner Kingdom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 12, Fulfillment of Spiritual Identity through Meditation, Contemplation, and Communion
- ... From the time any leader, prophet, saint, or seer in the Old Testament attained God-awareness, he lived a charmed life, a life that really demonstrated the omnipresence of good. It is not only evident that the Master's health seems to have been perfect, but his consciousness was a sanctuary into which others could come and find healing, food, supply, peace, and forgiveness. What would it not mean to those of us carrying around some burden of guilt for some act of omission or commission, if we could be led into the consciousness of an individual and there find forgiveness and the consequent peace that would come upon us? Some of us have found such persons in the ministry of the church, the metaphysical ministry, or the mystical ministry and, just by being in their presence, they have conferred upon us a feeling of peace, a feeling of noncondemnation, noncriticism, forgiveness, healing, and comforting. The Christ-Peace Cannot Be Found in Those Seeking the Peace Only the World Can Give The goal is that you and I attain Christ-consciousness, thereby bringing to ourselves the Christ-peace, the Christ-health, the Christ-wholeness, the Christ- forgiveness, the Christ-joy, and then, by virtue of our attainment, our very consciousness becomes a sanctuary into which we draw our family, our friends, our neighbors, and all those who are receptive. Everyone who touches our ... Therefore, for the world there is no safety or security in God except in proportion as the Christ is recognized as the consciousness of man and as man begins to live the Christ-life. It is not sufficient to know that the Christ functions through love: it is necessary that we adopt love as a way of life, and that means living the life of constant forgiveness, the life of praying for our enemies, the life of praying for those who persecute us, the life of benevolence at every level of consciousness-not only helping our fellow man financially, but more especially through prayer and communion. If we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ontemplation, and Communion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Grace
- ... It is divine Grace that you are enabled to fulfill every demand upon you, and this Grace leaves you free and joyous to experience what is called this human life; but this life, understood through Grace, is not a human life at all: it is really divine. Grace also includes forgiveness. Sometimes we hold ourselves in bondage to the belief of deserved punishment for sins of omission or commission, and often we hold others in bondage to these same beliefs. But under this life of Grace, there is forgiveness without any consideration for whether one has deserved, earned, or been worthy of it. The forgiveness is there because Grace reveals that the transgressor has not done this thing to you: he has done it unto himself, through ignorance. "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 2 You might think that the Master meant that they knew not what they did to him. He did not mean that at all. He meant that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. To him, nothing could happen. He had come under divine sonship. God was his eternal life, and no one could take that from him. God was his supply: he had already demonstrated that he could feed the multitudes. No one could take that power and ability away from him. He knew that they could do nothing to him; and the only possible meaning of "Father, forgive them" was that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. The true sense of forgiveness is a ... You will get out of life whatever you put into it, no more and no less. It may be a life of peace, but there will be no peace or prosperity for those who are expecting to get something. It may be a life of war and depression, but there will be no war or depression to the person who is putting into life his love, his forgiveness, and his dependence on Grace. To that person, none of these things will come nigh his dwelling place. If you could learn the secret of Grace, which is a complete reliance on this infinite Power within, you would find a spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith Reader_ Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:19- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 1, Meditation: Its Function and Purpose
- ... Eventually we learn that God is not in the whirlwind; God is not in the problem; God is not out here in the world: God is in the "still small voice," 14 the voice that comes to bring to us the assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine," 15 or "Son, My presence goes before thee to 'make the crooked places straight'." 16 Always there will come some inner assurance of God's presence. Forgiveness Removes the Barrier There are times when we begin a meditation of that kind, and then ... As long as we accept such superstitious beliefs, we cannot enter the kingdom of God. God does not punish and God does not reward. Jesus taught that God forgives even the woman taken in adultery, not after many years of punishment but now, right now in the instant when she seeks it, forgiveness is there: "Neither do I condemn thee." 20 To the thief on the cross the Master said, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." 21 The whole of the Master's teaching is forgiveness, not punishment. Some of us may have been taught that our troubles come to us through God, and that for some reason God has visited this affliction upon us. That is utter nonsense. The Master reveals that he came to do the will of God, and the will of God is forgiveness "seventy times seven," the healing of disease, the raising from the dead. So it may be a shock when we go into meditation and discover that we are still believing that God has visited death on a person or God has called ... We could not even love our mother under those conditions and certainly we could not love God. Love for God comes when we know that God is love and in Him there is no hate, no punishment, no unforgiveness. In Him there are no human qualities, but only the divine qualities of love, forgiveness, joy, raising up from sin, raising up from disease, raising up from death, never pushing us down. Then there comes a love in the heart, and we really can say that we love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...n_ Its Function and Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:22- 122K
Find Similar Documents